: I need a bigger dishwasher!!! dangitt...

Spyder
08-21-07, 03:58 PM
I need it to be about three more inches deep to fit everything...

PanAnna
08-21-07, 04:11 PM
This one is ripe and I am not going there.

:histeric:

Rolex
08-21-07, 08:49 PM
Several of the gunsmithing DVDs I own (as Spyder knows) have a master gunsmith who advocates cleaning weapons with tap water and Simple Green cleaner. At first I was like :wtf: ? But it works, and if you clean firearms all day every day using petroleum based products it will eat your skin right off. Just be damn sure to dry them thoroughly and finish off with the the appropriate amount of oil in all the right places. ;)

Now whether or not Spyder is serious....your guess is as good as mine. :hmm: ;)

Spyder
08-22-07, 03:10 AM
Works AMAZINGLY well. Just have to be sure to dry them off IMMEDIATELY and re-lube them as if new. The hot water will strip all the gunk and grime AND grease and oil off. I only do it once a year or so for deep cleaning, and only to the ones that are stainless or coated with some sort of rust-preventative. Do it all the time, probably not so good for them...do it once a year, especially with as much shooting as I do, its going to make that once in a while deep clean much easier.

PanAnna
08-22-07, 06:14 AM
Poor attempt at humor on my part. I have absolutely no knowledge of guns and whether they belong in a dishwasher or not. I just thought the wording of the OP was unique.

I'm backing out of this thread so you all can have a real discussion.

dkozloski
08-22-07, 12:48 PM
Back when I was in the mainframe computer racket we used to run the terminal keyboards through a dishwasher regularly and then stack them in the boiler rom so they would thoroughly dry. It worked great and saved a lot of time.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-22-07, 09:19 PM
I think Tim Allen would approve of that.

Florian
08-22-07, 11:47 PM
I need it to be about three more inches deep to fit everything...

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that.....Id be a rich man.

F

Red_October_7000
08-23-07, 12:57 AM
Back when I was in the mainframe computer racket we used to run the terminal keyboards through a dishwasher regularly and then stack them in the boiler rom so they would thoroughly dry. It worked great and saved a lot of time.

This probably worked very well on the type of keyboard they were. I'd be willing to be this is also the start of the rumor that you can send the otherwise-bulletproof (not kidding, the thing has a heavy steel plate in it!) IBM Model M keyboard through the dishwaser. Liquid is actually one of the few things that can harm the Model M.

Spyder
08-23-07, 01:59 AM
IIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii've got bullets that'll pierce it! Good 'ol .50, eh! :)

Red_October_7000
08-24-07, 02:41 AM
Believe me, I know that "bulletproof" is a relative term. Most "bulletproof" items actually marketed with such in mind won't stop thirty-aught-six. Ever see the "Box o' Truth"?
http://www.theboxotruth.com/

ewill3rd
08-24-07, 06:51 AM
Spyder, can you remove the upper rack? Maybe you can lay those in at an angle with the top rack out?

Spyder
08-24-07, 01:20 PM
Yea, I probably could. Those two actually fit...its the shotgun barrels in the top rack I couldn't make work...oh well, I cleaned the shotguns the old fashioned way while the dishwasher was running. :D