: how you can tell MAYBE you have been annoying the neighbors (richguy ownage)

Kael
08-21-07, 01:37 PM
http://www.madmonks.org/~fez/tagged%20exotics.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-21-07, 01:45 PM
Oh lord, if that is what I think it is, someone's gonna get killed for that.

It almost looks like some sort of an art thing...like one of those avant garde things. (Could I be any more vague? lol, I know nothing about art)

Caddy Man
08-21-07, 02:05 PM
Whatever that is...it took place somwhere in the Middle East.

The Tony Show
08-21-07, 02:11 PM
Don't care who owns them- that's sacrilege.

Also: I really don't care for the "rich guy ownage" attitude. What happens when you work your ass off all your life until you can afford a Ferrari, then some little punk vandalizes it and posts a "rich guy ownage" video on YouTube? Not so funny when you think about it that way, is it?

That's the crazy thing about this country- we villify everybody with more money than us, as if we deserve it and they don't.

Sorry, don't know what got into me there.

[/rant]

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-21-07, 02:32 PM
Also: I really don't care for the "rich guy ownage" attitude. What happens when you work your ass off all your life until you can afford a Ferrari, then some little punk vandalizes it and posts a "rich guy ownage" video on YouTube? Not so funny when you think about it that way, is it?

Totally. Some weathly people out there actually went to school and worked long and hard for their money! :eek:

+1 for Tony.

Kael
08-21-07, 03:37 PM
okay tex, put the guns down for a sec.
I never said it was cool, and the "ownage" is just a description of what happened.

now lets take a few things into account here. we are talking about an area where 99.99999% of the wealth is held by 1% of the population. no one that drives those cars actually worked for them. and look at the cars, its total "self indulgent weenie" stuff. "oooh look i have a porsche, a land rover, a ferrari.. and who knows what else" notice there are no collector cars. no 1969 porsche 911's or anything. every car there can be replaced and probably will be.

okay if this happened to me? i would be all forensic and probably burry a few people somewhere.. but then again I can't afford those cars, and if I someday can it will be becuase I scratched my way up to that height and I would VALUE THE DAMNED THINGS ENOUGH TO PUT THEM IN A GARAGE!

Don't care who owns them- that's sacrilege.

That's the crazy thing about this country- we villify everybody with more money than us, as if we deserve it and they don't.

Sorry, don't know what got into me there.

[/rant]

The Tony Show
08-21-07, 04:34 PM
Sorry Kael- I love ya, but I'm calling BS on this one. The term "ownage" implies laughing at the fate of the person getting "owned", not to mention the use of the term "rich guy".

You're probably right that some a-hole Oil Baron who was born into his money and doesn't appreciate them owns these cars, but I just can't laugh at fine automobiles getting vandalized no matter who owns them. The whole attitude of "I pwned that rich dick who owns that nice car" is what makes me afraid to park my V anywhere public.

Adam
08-21-07, 05:34 PM
Totally. Some weathly people out there actually went to school and worked long and hard for their money! :eek:

+1 for Tony.

...You said "long and hard"...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-21-07, 05:48 PM
The whole attitude of "I pwned that rich dick who owns that nice car" is what makes me afraid to park my V anywhere public.

Same here man, especially since I'm on the verge of buying a Mercedes.

90Brougham350
08-21-07, 10:00 PM
How a person acquired an automobile is completely irrelevant. Who is anyone to judge another person's wealth, and how they came to possess it? The fact is that someone's automobiles were vandalized. It doesn't matter if the person who owns the cars is a complete dick or a fraud, the cars are still his property, and they were damaged.

Rolex
08-21-07, 10:29 PM
I wasn't going to chime in but I have to agree with the above. You can't judge someone by their vehicle. I disliked it when people seemed to judge me when I was driving a new Escalade. It even seemed to attract trouble makers on occasion.

Jesda
08-21-07, 11:55 PM
WOW! Thats a hell of a picture!

derrty_deville
08-22-07, 12:24 AM
So we were out drinking one night...:alchi:

...You said "long and hard"...
http://www.wisopinion.com/blogs/uploaded_images/BeavisButthead-711924.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-22-07, 12:36 AM
The poor Carrera GT!:crybaby:

dkozloski
08-22-07, 12:44 AM
My guess is the the car owners could care less. A wave of the hand and the cars will all be replaced by morning. These guys redecorate their house and buy new furniture after a party rather than have a cleaning crew come in. Everything is disposable, including people, to the ultra rich. The vandalism was a totally wasted effort. Until you see with your own eyes how these people operate you can't begain to comprehend it.

93DevilleUSMC
08-22-07, 01:52 AM
My guess is the the car owners could care less. A wave of the hand and the cars will all be replaced by morning. These guys redecorate their house and buy new furniture after a party rather than have a cleaning crew come in. Everything is disposable, including people, to the ultra rich. The vandalism was a totally wasted effort. Until you see with your own eyes how these people operate you can't begin to comprehend it.

That still doesn't justify destruction like that. Whoever did this should spend a few years in a cell.

dkozloski
08-22-07, 01:57 AM
That still doesn't justify destruction like that. Whoever did this should spend a few years in a cell.
I definitely wasn't trying to condone or excuse the vandalism. I was trying to make the point that it was a totally wasted effort because the victims don't care. Vandalism is a form of terrorism against property but if it doesn't damage the victim it's pointless. It'd be like pulling up the flowers in Bill Gates yard to protest Microsoft Windows; a waste of time barely annoying. You'll notice there's no smashed windshields, just spray paint. That'd probably get the perps a bullet in the head.
During the time the Trans Alaska pipeline was being proposed and studied a local guy was going around and spraying slogans on the "bunny huggers" cars. One example "Alaska for Alaskans, Yankee go home". After he was arrested in the parking lot of the courthouse by the troopers and brought before a judge all the judge had to say was, "Go get a can of water soluble paint and use a stencil so it's a neat job". The ACLU claims it's protected free speech.

derrty_deville
08-22-07, 02:44 AM
Either way I'm sure one of the sites vendors can buff that out in a jiff.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-22-07, 12:43 PM
^ Lol