: Continental ContiProContact

Yaemish
08-21-07, 09:41 AM
Has anyone put these on their 18" wheels? I had some BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS on my car and the wear and ride just sucks. I would to try a different tire, the Continentals price isn't too bad.

Curious George
08-31-07, 05:06 PM
I've had good experiences with ContiSportContact tires, but know nothing about ContiProContact. I replaced the OE Michelin Pilot Sports on my '06 STS 1SG PHP with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 tires in 255/45-18 99Y and am quite satisfied so far (6,000 miles on the Goodyears).

Now we need someone to jump in and change the subject to the merits of German beers. Or how his tire dealer really sucks. Or the migration habits of Canadian geese. You can tell if they're Canadian geese because the go "honk, eh?"

dkozloski
08-31-07, 07:07 PM
I've had good experiences with ContiSportContact tires, but know nothing about ContiProContact. I replaced the OE Michelin Pilot Sports on my '06 STS 1SG PHP with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 tires in 255/45-18 99Y and am quite satisfied so far (6,000 miles on the Goodyears).

Now we need someone to jump in and change the subject to the merits of German beers. Or how his tire dealer really sucks. Or the migration habits of Canadian geese. You can tell if they're Canadian geese because the go "honk, eh?"
A guy from Vancouver goes duck hunting in the Northwest. He gets a couple of ducks and encounters a game warden. The game warden asks the hunter if they're American ducks or Canadian ducks. He says, "How the hell would I know"? The warden says, "It's easy. You just feel up their rear end like this", and quickly sorts the ducks. The warden asks the hunter. "Where are you from"? The guy says Vancouver. The warden asks is that British Columbia or Washington? The hunter turns around, drops his pants and says, "You're so damn smart. You tell me".

porkfarm
09-01-07, 07:49 AM
I just put Goodyear Eagle F1 All seasons one my 18's. about 199 a tire. Nice ride, but I have only put 500 miles on so far... It it wasn't going to be so cold here in the next few months, I would have like to try those D3's in the XL version. I had the Conti's on the Jag, They get loud after 10K miles. I ended up going with cheap Generals and Kumo's, could not beat them for the money, but I only expect to get 25K out of them before I want to try something else.

coati
09-01-07, 01:22 PM
I just had my tires updated from the OEM Michelins to Goodyear ResponsEdge.
Went from the original 2-tire sizes(front & rear) to 255/45/18 all around.
With only 100 miles on them, I am very happy so far with the ride, braking & handling.:D
Will have to wait & see how they perform in the wet when the rainy season comes (which should be very soon).
I probably would have gone with the new Goodyear F-1 All-Season tires had I known Goodyear would be introducing them.

z06bigbird
09-01-07, 04:38 PM

Do kangaroos have belly buttons??