: Northstar remanufactured engine source

Norman93Eldorado
08-20-07, 12:26 PM
I think that rather than doing a second head gasket repair in 7,000 miles on our 1993 Eldorado Northstar (with only 47,000 miles on the engine), we may try to get a remanufactured engine and try to find someone to install it. The reason is that if the first head gasket repair job did not last, there is no guarantee that the second repair will last. (Each repair costs $3600.)
Please let me know the name, address, and phone number of a good company that sells a remanufactured Northstar engine that would work with the 1993 Eldorado.
Thanks.
Norman Weatherby
Norman93Eldorado

jadcock
08-20-07, 01:48 PM
Norman, I would humbly suggest that you look to a different repair shop for your next repair. $3600 is really expensive for a proper head gasket repair, and a proper head gasket repair would not fail 7,000 miles later. It sounds like they did not properly Timesert the head bolt holes and the threads failed shortly after the repair (not uncommon).

Who did your now-failed head gasket repair, and did they Timesert the holes?

codewize
08-20-07, 01:57 PM
I totally agree. A properly timeserted HG repair should run about $2600 and shouldn't fail for a very long time. For $3600 they should have done both HG's properly and rebuilt your transmission while it was out.

I think you got charged form work that either wasn't done or was done improperly.

I don't remember the names but I think there are only about 2 places that reman the N*. This has been discussed more than a million time.

Ranger
08-20-07, 04:26 PM
I don't remember the names but I think there are only about 2 places that reman the N*.
If one is Custom Innovations, :tisk: do a search before you buy from them.

Raze
08-20-07, 05:58 PM
I agree with the first 2 posters, I had mine done at 95k and i'm at 120k now, my price was about $2800 not including all new hardware I requested...

Jasper engines might still do em, they're in North GA and have installers all over the country but alot of em in GA and TN, there's a fella on Ebay that does em (not custom innovations) for about $2900 shipped to your door. There are some rebuilders out west as well, gotta do some google searches...

Norman93Eldorado
08-20-07, 08:57 PM
The $3,600 Northstar head gasket repair was done by the Cadillac dealer in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
They said that they used timeserts but the bill did not include the cost of the timeserts.
-- Norman

Ranger
08-20-07, 09:02 PM
My guess is either they didn't do them or they did them wrong. The cost of the serts is minimal, but the labor to do them isn't and that would certainly have been billed I would think, unless they did not break it down.

AJxtcman
08-20-07, 09:17 PM
I think that rather than doing a second head gasket repair in 7,000 miles on our 1993 Eldorado Northstar (with only 47,000 miles on the engine), we may try to get a remanufactured engine and try to find someone to install it. The reason is that if the first head gasket repair job did not last, there is no guarantee that the second repair will last. (Each repair costs $3600.)
Please let me know the name, address, and phone number of a good company that sells a remanufactured Northstar engine that would work with the 1993 Eldorado.
Thanks.
Norman Weatherby
Norman93Eldorado

GM sells a short block:thumbsup:

eldorado1
08-20-07, 09:45 PM
My guess is either they didn't do them or they did them wrong. The cost of the serts is minimal, but the labor to do them isn't and that would certainly have been billed I would think, unless they did not break it down.

Or they only did the holes that didn't torque.

AJxtcman
08-21-07, 06:34 AM
A new short block assembly, part number 89018105, has been released to service 1995-99 Northstar LD8 and L37 applications.

gmpartsdirect
GM PART # 89018105
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $5,208.66
OUR PRICE: $3,118.96

I do not remember any problems using this in a 93

Patrick7997
08-22-07, 07:19 AM
Jasper is one....

I have heard good things about the Jasper rebuilt Northstar... for what it's worth.

CASTOR TROY
08-23-07, 09:04 PM
www.ae-engines.com

i just put a new one in my 99. they will even pick up your car and bring it back to you for like 4500! i talked with a guy named lanny said that they use a method to remanufacture it so the headgasket is less likley to go. they do real good work my car has never run better.

Mountie
08-24-07, 05:40 PM
If a Cadillac Dealer did the work, isn't it under warranty?

tripledoil
08-29-07, 04:23 PM
If one is Custom Innovations, :tisk: do a search before you buy from them.

Custom Innovations is now out of business- if you search google under custom innovations you'll see the site has changed from him boasting about himself to telling everyone to pound sand. He now blames "bad parts" not him over tightening the head bolts. Im glad my small claims suit was filed weeks ago and I have a trail date next week. :thumbsup: (before the bankruptcy goes through)

Ranger
08-29-07, 05:01 PM
Let us know how it turns out.

HITMONEY
08-29-07, 05:02 PM
Custom Innovations is now out of business- if you search google under custom innovations you'll see the site has changed from him boasting about himself to telling everyone to pound sand. He now blames "bad parts" not him over tightening the head bolts. Im glad my small claims suit was filed weeks ago and I have a trail date next week. :thumbsup: (before the bankruptcy goes through)

http://www.northstarguru.com/1783175.html

????

urbanski
08-29-07, 06:32 PM

????

nice seeing you :)

funny thing is, botton left that page, it says "formerly Custom Innovations"

AJxtcman
08-29-07, 06:40 PM

I have a source for cams.
GM cams are about $440 That maybe my cost?

Pistons--------------292.33
Ring set ------------ 91.17
Rod Brg set----- ----147.93
Head bolt set---------64.16
Head Gsk set--------230.23
Timing cover GSK-----21.00
Rear Main seal--------25.00
Rod bolts--------------4.50
Lifters--$25 X 32 = 800.00
Oil Manifold----------100.00
Fly wheel bolts---------4.80
Sealer----------------30.00
Cam Seal-------------11.00
Oil Filter Adp Seals-----6.00
Water Pump Cover----33.00
Water Pump Cover GSK-5.00
Cross Over Gaskets----14.00
Cross Over Gaskets----15.00
Plastic Plugs-----------22.00
cams 200 X 4 --------800.00
Total ---------------2685.04
Add Misc ------------100.00
Labor on the high side 1500.
-------------------- 4310 Hmmmmmmmmmm
Done the correct way minus Main Brg and Cranks

Timserts 20 X $5 = 100 more
All said and done with oil, filter, coolant, plugs, ECT $4500?

tripledoil
08-30-07, 06:12 PM

????

If the question marks are because you didnt see it- you have to click on his home page once the site opens..........nice black wheels, where did you get them.

HITMONEY
08-31-07, 12:50 PM
If the question marks are because you didnt see it- you have to click on his home page once the site opens..........nice black wheels, where did you get them.

Yeah, I didn't see the home page. I just googled for re-manufactured N* and got the page i linked to. You would think they would take it down... oh well.

The wheels are 20inch Zenetti Heir's, I got them from Hi-Line Motoring in Tampa but I DO NOT recommend them at all.

Thanks for the props though! :thumbsup:

AJ'S 88NA
09-03-07, 12:31 PM

New member here. I would be interested in finding out how your small claims goes. I ordered a motor from Custom Inovations. Nothing but problems. After the first motor from him the head let loose, of course he blamed GM for wrong torque specs, we took it out and sent it back with his Quarentee that he would put the bigger zerk fittings in we would not have any problems. So after going thru the tear down shipping it back, waiting to have the time to reinstall, guess what, samething happened. Emailed him and now he says he's bankrupt. But why is his web site still up???? I guess he needs money to pay for his lawyer. He told me there is a possible class action suit against GM. I figure all of it's B.S. He got me for $3200.00 and change. I'm going to file a complaint with Consumer Protection. Don't know if it will lead anywhere.
:banghead: I've contacted my Credit Card Co. but I don't know if that will go anywhere.
Just wanted to let anybody I could about David Branchfield and his rip off company Custom Innovations. He'll probably just start using another name. He's based in Madison, Wis.
Thanks AJ

james128
09-04-07, 05:11 PM
Hello,
I guess he has changed his home page so you may be able to get your engines fixed. He now blames short bolts and torque specs. Read below.
http://www.northstarguru.com/

A note to the customers of Custom Innovations:Over the course of the past year and a half, we have experienced a moderate volume of failures in relation to the Timeserts used to fasten the cylinder heads to the block of the Nothstar motors built before February of 2007. These motors were built to exact GM specifications, but the proceedure has proven to be inadequate. A brief explanation is as follows: The insert was designed to be installed at a specific depth in the bolt hole. The bolt that is supplied is not long enough to utilize the entire length of the insert, which doesn't maximize strenth. Furthermore, the insert is not made from a very strong alloy, so when the bolts pull, the insert breaks in two leaving part in the block, and part coming with the bolt. Adding to the problem, the torque spec issued was far too great. So, a variety of variables combine to produce a catastrophic mistake. This has been a huge problem nationwide, and thousands upon thousands have suffered losses. The good news is we have found a permanate fix for the problem. Through our own research and developement, we have engineered an insert that in much stronger, along with a bolt that more sufficiently utilizes thread contact to the insert , and a torque spec which holds reliably without pulling the insert out. The bad news is that we may experience high claim volume at any given time, which could effect processing time. If you are having a problem with the motor purchased from us, please contact us through the contact form on this site and someone will respond promply. We will do the best we can to expidite the claim, but please allow up to 4 weeks at times. You can also e-mail questions or concerns to northstarinquiry@sbcglobal.net. We appologize for any delay or inconvenience you may experience.

AJ'S 88NA
09-05-07, 09:55 AM
Hello,
I guess he has changed his home page so you may be able to get your engines fixed. He now blames short bolts and torque specs. Read below.

A note to the customers of Custom Innovations:Over the course of the past year and a half, we have experienced a moderate volume of failures in relation to the Timeserts used to fasten the cylinder heads to the block of the Nothstar motors built before February of 2007. These motors were built to exact GM specifications, but the proceedure has proven to be inadequate. A brief explanation is as follows: The insert was designed to be installed at a specific depth in the bolt hole. The bolt that is supplied is not long enough to utilize the entire length of the insert, which doesn't maximize strenth. Furthermore, the insert is not made from a very strong alloy, so when the bolts pull, the insert breaks in two leaving part in the block, and part coming with the bolt. Adding to the problem, the torque spec issued was far too great. So, a variety of variables combine to produce a catastrophic mistake. This has been a huge problem nationwide, and thousands upon thousands have suffered losses. The good news is we have found a permanate fix for the problem. Through our own research and developement, we have engineered an insert that in much stronger, along with a bolt that more sufficiently utilizes thread contact to the insert , and a torque spec which holds reliably without pulling the insert out. The bad news is that we may experience high claim volume at any given time, which could effect processing time. If you are having a problem with the motor purchased from us, please contact us through the contact form on this site and someone will respond promply. We will do the best we can to expidite the claim, but please allow up to 4 weeks at times. You can also e-mail questions or concerns to northstarinquiry@sbcglobal.net. We appologize for any delay or inconvenience you may experience.

That's what he told me 5 months ago.:tisk: He's just trying to cover his ass and put people off so they will go away. He has not responded to any of my Emails. Why is his web site still up??? He hasn't responded because he dosen't want to loose anymore. Anybody out there recieved any satisfaction from Mr Branchfield???? Let me know so I can call and apoligize:want:

jh225
09-05-07, 01:03 PM
A new short block assembly, part number 89018105, has been released to service 1995-99 Northstar LD8 and L37 applications.

gmpartsdirect
GM PART # 89018105
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $5,208.66
OUR PRICE: $3,118.96

Just wondering if the GM shortblocks have addressed the weak bolt hole issue and are now using timeserts?

AJxtcman
09-05-07, 05:24 PM
Just wondering if the GM shortblocks have addressed the weak bolt hole issue and are now using timeserts?

The timesert instert is junk. I will not go into that on this thread, but the insert just makes the bolt bigger. It is not part of the block any more than the bolt is!

urbanski
09-05-07, 06:01 PM
New member here. I would be interested in finding out how your small claims goes. I ordered a motor from Custom Inovations. Nothing but problems. After the first motor from him the head let loose, of course he blamed GM for wrong torque specs, we took it out and sent it back with his Quarentee that he would put the bigger zerk fittings in we would not have any problems. So after going thru the tear down shipping it back, waiting to have the time to reinstall, guess what, samething happened. Emailed him and now he says he's bankrupt. But why is his web site still up???? I guess he needs money to pay for his lawyer. He told me there is a possible class action suit against GM. I figure all of it's B.S. He got me for $3200.00 and change. I'm going to file a complaint with Consumer Protection. Don't know if it will lead anywhere.
:banghead: I've contacted my Credit Card Co. but I don't know if that will go anywhere.
Just wanted to let anybody I could about David Branchfield and his rip off company Custom Innovations. He'll probably just start using another name. He's based in Madison, Wis.
Thanks AJ
visit the small claims division of your local JP court (justice of the peace). they can guide you through small claims. you often dont need a lawyer, but one may be helpful. if he's bankrupt, a lawyer may be able to tell you if its worth persuing. also visit your local sheriff, see if there is anything criminal that can be done.

jh225
09-05-07, 06:23 PM
The timesert instert is junk. I will not go into that on this thread, but the insert just makes the bolt bigger. It is not part of the block any more than the bolt is!

OK, fair enough. Let me re-phrase the question, please.

Has GM addressed the issue of the headbolts pulling out with these new shortblocks?

AJxtcman
09-05-07, 07:14 PM
OK, fair enough. Let me re-phrase the question, please.

Has GM addressed the issue of the headbolts pulling out with these new shortblocks?

First the 00+ blocks are cast better. I have seen a brand new 99 type blocks cast in 2001 that was cast bad. The material used in 00+ blocks is a better material. I hope all the 93 to 99 replacement blocks are cast with the same the same material. I really don't think they have to blend of material.

Next is the heat cycles and it breaking down and aging the block.

Next MEK O2 breaks down metal products. Methyl ethyl ketone peroxide. Cumane Peroxide also attach metal. One or both can be found in thread locker
Just the Peroxide part is bad on metal. You put that stuff down in a hole and expect the metal not to break down.
You can take a clean piece of aluminum and drip some red loctite on it. Wait a week and then wipe it off. You will find that it will etch a line in it.

jh225
09-05-07, 08:29 PM
Next MEK O2 breaks down metal products. Methyl ethyl ketone peroxide. Cumane Peroxide also attach metal. One or both can be found in thread locker
Just the Peroxide part is bad on metal. You put that stuff down in a hole and expect the metal not to break down.
You can take a clean piece of aluminum and drip some red loctite on it. Wait a week and then wipe it off. You will find that it will etch a line in it.

Was threadlock used by the factory during assembly of the heads originally?

AJxtcman
09-05-07, 10:36 PM
Was threadlock used by the factory during assembly of the heads originally?

YES
Blue in color

AJ'S 88NA
09-05-07, 11:58 PM
visit the small claims division of your local JP court (justice of the peace). they can guide you through small claims. you often dont need a lawyer, but one may be helpful. if he's bankrupt, a lawyer may be able to tell you if its worth persuing. also visit your local sheriff, see if there is anything criminal that can be done.
Problem is I live in Tenn.

AJ'S 88NA
09-06-07, 11:45 AM
Hello,

Update: I've contacted the email address mentioned above with no response. Like I said he's just stalling for time. He needs to be put out of business. My car is setting in Fl. with not even a chance to sell it for what he ripped me off for. Anybody else have any luck with this guy?

tripledoil
09-07-07, 12:22 AM
Thanks AJ
Thats what I figured- he sent me an e-mail saying the first 100 engines failed...I wonder at what point did he realize there was a problem? He also told me just a few short weeks ago that mine was the only failure, ever....on e-mail & over the phone. Say if he collected between $3500-$5000 per customer, thats not a bad profit- As of last week he was in good standing w/ WI and has not filied for bankruptcy. I have him on so many lies on e-mails and phone messages he cant even keep track...but I did. I'll let you all know what happens on the 10th. Even if I loose I'll continue every angle. Another guy he screwed is pushing for fraud charges.....believe me there is action going on. If he just said from the get go....look pal, I messed up. I'll fix it ok? ---- all would be different. He's just such a damn weazel, I'll never give up. You should see what Time-Sert's response was to his claims! Dont hang by your thumbs for any civil action money!
Also, why is it these time-serts seem to be fine when major engine building companies install them??? Gee- I wonder:alchi:

AJ'S 88NA
09-07-07, 10:10 AM
Thats what I figured- he sent me an e-mail saying the first 100 engines failed...I wonder at what point did he realize there was a problem? He also told me just a few short weeks ago that mine was the only failure, ever....on e-mail & over the phone. Say if he collected between $3500-$5000 per customer, thats not a bad profit- As of last week he was in good standing w/ WI and has not filied for bankruptcy. I have him on so many lies on e-mails and phone messages he cant even keep track...but I did. I'll let you all know what happens on the 10th. Even if I loose I'll continue every angle. Another guy he screwed is pushing for fraud charges.....believe me there is action going on. If he just said from the get go....look pal, I messed up. I'll fix it ok? ---- all would be different. He's just such a damn weazel, I'll never give up. You should see what Time-Sert's response was to his claims! Dont hang by your thumbs for any civil action money!
Also, why is it these time-serts seem to be fine when major engine building companies install them??? Gee- I wonder:alchi:
Thanks for replying.. He told me the same story about me being the only failure the first time it failed about 8-10 months ago. Then said it was because of GM giving the wrong torque specs, "no problem we'll put in the bigger inserts and you won't have a problem". B.S. It didn't hold from the first start up.
Did you contact him from Ebay? I did originally and I'm going to file a fraud report with them. I've also been trying to contact Consumer Protection, looks like I'll have to send in a form since their phone is always busy. I've also heard of a FBI site to file a report with them for Internet fraud, have to checked into that yet. The Email address on his website is B.S. I've not recieved any response from that.
Good luck on the 10th and let them know that there are several others that he has scamed.:want:

tripledoil
09-07-07, 02:18 PM
Same with mine.....didnt even make it to the 3rd traffic light. Did he try and fix your the second time? He did with mine (after I bugged him for 4 months and paid for the shipping to him) it was WORSE after- Major oil leaks, I can go on and on and on. Where do I find that FBI site? I bet he does.....I know they do keep files for internet complaints even townie cops can pull it up.
As for those Torque Specs------ He's wrong- I'm getting official GM specs tomorrow. He has advertised and e-mailed exactly how tight he tightened them.
Has anyone else seen him or just had contact via phone/e-mail. I know the wimpy, innocent, farm boy innocent looks fooled me. I'll be sure it wont fool the Judge. He's pretty well spoken also, adds to the confusing most people. In my opinion Dave cares about Dave & his wallet, period.
Be careful everone, he told he he's filing charges for slander and Defamation of Character- boy Im so scared!
****GM Tech question**** I want to see who agrees with me here-
I was a Master tech myself for years and I've never seen this because it doesnt exist....(but Dave says it does)
My power steering was Perfect before he ever touched my car. No leaks, no binding, nothing- He not only "rebuilt" my engine, he installed it. On the way home from WI- I noticed the p/s had a slight whine (while also running same before)---Hot--- Anyway, I topped off the P/S at te next gas station. 1 bottle was enough to make it home, after I turned the car off to let it cool every 20-25 minutes that is.
After the second time he messed it up, it was shipped back with the p/s res filled with fluid AND METAL SHAVINGS. My entire system was junk....I needed a full flush, a new rack, pump, lines, allignment- This was after he sent me photos of my engine block with metal shavings ALL over it while installing the inserts I made him buy for the secong try.
Dave blamed ME for running my fluid low on the way home....(which I didnt really do) has ANY TECH ever seen metal shaving in a P/S pump from running it a bit low for a few minutes? I sure never have!!!! My girlfriend had a 2001Mustang with a leaking rack. She let the pump run dry over 100 times for 1 year (off and on) until replaced finally replaced.....and guess what No Metal inside pump! I've never seen it as a mechanic either, neither have any of my friends. Just another Dave "cop out" tell me if Im wrong:bighead:

AJ'S 88NA
09-07-07, 05:41 PM
Same with mine.....didnt even make it to the 3rd traffic light. Did he try and fix your the second time? He did with mine (after I bugged him for 4 months and paid for the shipping to him) it was WORSE after- Major oil leaks, I can go on and on and on. Where do I find that FBI site? I bet he does.....I know they do keep files for internet complaints even townie cops can pull it up.
As for those Torque Specs------ He's wrong- I'm getting official GM specs tomorrow. He has advertised and e-mailed exactly how tight he tightened them.
Has anyone else seen him or just had contact via phone/e-mail. I know the wimpy, innocent, farm boy innocent looks fooled me. I'll be sure it wont fool the Judge. He's pretty well spoken also, adds to the confusing most people. In my opinion Dave cares about Dave & his wallet, period.
Be careful everone, he told he he's filing charges for slander and Defamation of Character- boy Im so scared!
****GM Tech question**** I want to see who agrees with me here-
I was a Master tech myself for years and I've never seen this because it doesnt exist....(but Dave says it does)
My power steering was Perfect before he ever touched my car. No leaks, no binding, nothing- He not only "rebuilt" my engine, he installed it. On the way home from WI- I noticed the p/s had a slight whine (while also running same before)---Hot--- Anyway, I topped off the P/S at te next gas station. 1 bottle was enough to make it home, after I turned the car off to let it cool every 20-25 minutes that is.
After the second time he messed it up, it was shipped back with the p/s res filled with fluid AND METAL SHAVINGS. My entire system was junk....I needed a full flush, a new rack, pump, lines, allignment- This was after he sent me photos of my engine block with metal shavings ALL over it while installing the inserts I made him buy for the secong try.
Dave blamed ME for running my fluid low on the way home....(which I didnt really do) has ANY TECH ever seen metal shaving in a P/S pump from running it a bit low for a few minutes? I sure never have!!!! My girlfriend had a 2001Mustang with a leaking rack. She let the pump run dry over 100 times for 1 year (off and on) until replaced finally replaced.....and guess what No Metal inside pump! I've never seen it as a mechanic either, neither have any of my friends. Just another Dave "cop out" tell me if Im wrong:bighead:
Not after the second time it happened. He wouln't even return our phone calls. Then he left a greeting saying that he had problems with getting his voice mail that any questions. blaa blaa, to send a Email. Did that and he did respond after I threatened him saying sorry for me that this problem has left his co. in fianicial ruin and he had filed bankrupsy, AND me along with 100 others would be in a class action suit against GM because it was their fault. B.S., B.S., and more B.S.....More or less I was SOL.:want:

The FBI site I just found. Just look up FBI Internet fraud. I'm going to file a complaint with them because he used the BBB and Chamber of Comerce on he's web site they had no record of him being a member. This has been going on for me almost a year and a half. What happened to the 3 year guarentee?? :lies:
He wants to sue who for slander?? I have been truthful and I'm sure you have, you can't sue for telling the truth. He has ruined his name by not taking care of his customers complaints. He needs to fess up, suck it in and take the blame for his shoddy workmanship. If it's GM's fault then he should take them to court and prove it so HE can get compensated. I think he may have a drinking problem or maybe something worse:eek:

Never had a problem with a PS pump having shavings in it. You must be close to be able to take your car to him to screw up? Well give him my regards from Tenn. He'll probablly know who I am. You ought to take some of these Emails with you to show the judge that he's screwed more people that just you and me
Alex Takacs

tripledoil
09-08-07, 10:33 AM
Not after the second time it happened. He wouln't even return our phone calls. Then he left a greeting saying that he had problems with getting his voice mail that any questions. blaa blaa, to send a Email. Did that and he did respond after I threatened him saying sorry for me that this problem has left his co. in fianicial ruin and he had filed bankrupsy, AND me along with 100 others would be in a class action suit against GM because it was their fault. B.S., B.S., and more B.S.....More or less I was SOL.:want:

The FBI site I just found. Just look up FBI Internet fraud. I'm going to file a complaint with them because he used the BBB and Chamber of Comerce on he's web site they had no record of him being a member. This has been going on for me almost a year and a half. What happened to the 3 year guarentee?? :lies:
He wants to sue who for slander?? I have been truthful and I'm sure you have, you can't sue for telling the truth. He has ruined his name by not taking care of his customers complaints. He needs to fess up, suck it in and take the blame for his shoddy workmanship. If it's GM's fault then he should take them to court and prove it so HE can get compensated. I think he may have a drinking problem or maybe something worse:eek:

Never had a problem with a PS pump having shavings in it. You must be close to be able to take your car to him to screw up? Well give him my regards from Tenn. He'll probablly know who I am. You ought to take some of these Emails with you to show the judge that he's screwed more people that just you and me
Alex Takacs
You are correct, you can't file suit if someone is telling the truth- I could go on and on about reasons why I think he's ultra cheap. He'd never hire an attorney and file- But,I hope he does) Then he could feel like we feel why the lawyer takes his money and gets no results. Oh, as I told a few other people....If you can- (and its pretty easy) have your mechanic pull your front valve cover and take out a couple head bolts.....have him check to see if there are any inserts (at all)
I've always a feeling that when he R&R's the engine and removes heads etc- he doesnt put ANY inserts in if the headbolts look "ok" - this is his entire claim to fame so, (if he didnt do it) Then, its true fraud

tripledoil
09-08-07, 11:06 AM

Here's ONE e-mail out of 93 from Branchfield- he gets pissed when you know about cars and dare question him. I didnt change a single thing on this e-mail. It was a direct copy/paste from my yahoo account::want:

Dan.. So you're all insulted I called you cheap huh? Poor baby. I'd like to expand on that.. you're a cheap *******.

I'll give you a hypothetical situation: Lets say your brakes have about five miles left on them before the backing plate rubs on the rotor. You take your car in for service and the technician drives it ten miles, during which the brakes start grinding. Is it the technicians fault? By your demented train of thought, it would be. YOU HAD A RUSTY LINE, READY TO BLOW. JUST MOVING IT SLIGHLY CAUSING A MASSIVE FLUID LEAK. YOU DROVE IT LIKE THAT AND CAUSED ALL THAT FLUID. THERE IS RESIDUAL FLUID EVERYWHERE, I TOLD YOU THAT. ITS NOT MY GODDAM FAULT YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT USES SALT ON THE ROADS!! In fact, that's not the only thing that was rusty. A couple of your exhaust bolts needed to be replaced after one head stripped and another broke. But I suppose I should have replaced your exhaust system too. I'M NOT SAYING IT WAS YOUR FAULT, BUT IT CERTAINLY WASN'T MINE. BOTTOM LINE, THE PART DECIDED TO FAIL. IT IS YOUR VEHICLE HENCE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT!!!!! Quit trying to pawn your shit off on me.

I put quite a few miles on your car and the temp gauge fluctuated slightly for me, and occationally got just slightly over half. BUT... THAT IS WITHIN THE NORMAL OPERATING RANGE!!! You should know that Mr. car expert. Nothing is wrong with your motor and you know it.

Any more e-mails from you, along with the entire file I have on you with all the pics will be fowarded to my attorney. I will not contact you again. Deal with it. BTW, good luck dealing with the Wisconsin court system from RI. Regards, Dave

tripledoil
09-10-07, 10:27 PM
Thanks AJ
Well boys, todays court date was a temporary loss- I wouldnt smile yet Davy Baby. All that happened is 5 gallons was poured onto a 5 gallon fire.
I've already printed and mailed the small claims appeal. Im just glad I know what his game is now- I'll also be sure to SHOW UP at the next trial. Never try phone trials, they dont go well.
I will keep everyone posted!!! P.S. if youre a big guy please do not pay Dave Branchfield in cash. He told the court officer/judge it was an odd way to pay and said he was frightened....this right after he told the Judge he was in the Air Force......who the hell cares. I'll be sure to mention I was a Gunny SGT Sniper in the Marines (in only 7 years) as response next time? He was also bagged in a total out and out lie & I proved it! so funny, you could hear a pin drop after- I thought I lost the call!
Like the Terminator...........I'll Be Back

Ranger
09-10-07, 10:36 PM
He told the court officer/judge it was an odd way to pay and said he was frightened.
What does that have to do with anything?

He was also bagged in a total out and out lie & I proved it! so funny, you could hear a pin drop after- I thought I lost the call!
And you still lost?

AJ'S 88NA
09-10-07, 10:59 PM
Well boys, todays court date was a temporary loss- I wouldnt smile yet Davy Baby. All that happened is 5 gallons was poured onto a 5 gallon fire.
I've already printed and mailed the small claims appeal. Im just glad I know what his game is now- I'll also be sure to SHOW UP at the next trial. Never try phone trials, they dont go well.
I will keep everyone posted!!! P.S. if youre a big guy please do not pay Dave Branchfield in cash. He told the court officer/judge it was an odd way to pay and said he was frightened....this right after he told the Judge he was in the Air Force......who the hell cares. I'll be sure to mention I was a Gunny SGT Sniper in the Marines (in only 7 years) as response next time? He was also bagged in a total out and out lie & I proved it! so funny, you could hear a pin drop after- I thought I lost the call!
Like the Terminator...........I'll Be Back
Phone trial??? Never heard of that. Fill me in on the details please. PM or otherwise. I paid him by CC. I wonder if that scared him. I was in the Air Force too and a Vietnam Vet, didn't go to Nam, but I served during the war, maybe that will make a difference in my case:yup:
I'm wondering did his B.S. 3 year guar. come into play?:lies:
His whole business is based on lies. You should have asked why he said he was a member of the BBB and Chamber of Commerce. When I get my turn I will. The only way he's going to make me go away is a complete refund. He thinks I have already because I haven't Emailed or called. Well Davy Boy, it's the quiet ones you got to watch out for;)

tripledoil
09-10-07, 11:09 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

And you still lost?

He told the Judge the usual "blah blah" excuses, you know- bad parts, not me, not me, not my fault etc etc.....well seeing how he changes the warranty poicy every 11 minutes he convinced the Judge mine came with "none" - The Judge looked at the whole deal like it was a slip from a T.V. you purchased at Best Buy and it "says" no warranty But, all new rules now- I cant get into what my next moves are & cant show my hand (because Dave does read these) But I will when Im done. Whole new ballgame now... and I've got new players.
As far as the Air Force? has to do with nothing! Just adds to him trying to look innocent? The guy sorta looks like "John Boy" from the Walton's show- But you can fool some people with looks and scams, but not all of em'
A top notch lawyer said to my buddy once, don't think for a minute your Irish handsome Tom Cruise looks will fool the Judge. That Judge is a smart guy- Certainly not saying Dave is hadsome in the least In my opinion he's the biggest con man on earth, wearing an innocent mask.
Here, the Judges arent as easily fooled....the Air Force comment reminded me of a court case I listened to while I was taking a "non bill payer" to court....I was waiting for my turn.
The guy was in for speeding, had a sorry, lame excuse to the Judge- The man had a broken arm in a supposed sling. After the guy told his wishy washy story to the Judge and noticed the Judges face, he topped it off with...and UM' I've got this broken arm you Honor.
The Judge say's- SO WHAT?? What Does THAT have to DO with ANYTHING?? Kinda funny while there- anyway, thta was sort of like Dave comment. However I guess he forgot about telling the Judge he was a member of the BBB,Chamber of Commerce and an ASE TECH- I was licking my chops for that!!
See you guys back in a few weeks

tripledoil
09-11-07, 01:56 AM
Phone trial??? Never heard of that. Fill me in on the details please. PM or otherwise. I paid him by CC. I wonder if that scared him. I was in the Air Force too and a Vietnam Vet, didn't go to Nam, but I served during the war, maybe that will make a difference in my case:yup:
I'm wondering did his B.S. 3 year guar. come into play?:lies:
His whole business is based on lies. You should have asked why he said he was a member of the BBB and Chamber of Commerce. When I get my turn I will. The only way he's going to make me go away is a complete refund. He thinks I have already because I haven't Emailed or called. Well Davy Boy, it's the quiet ones you got to watch out for;)

Well, I really consider myself a very stong B- to B+ grade wise in court- Thats not in comparison to Attorneys, just as a Plaintiff. The mention of the BBB etc wouldnt have made a difference, trust me. I cant log on again because Im to tempted to say something. BUT, I stongly disagree with the court commissioner (the level before a Judge) and I told him so. This is NOT so cut and dry as a piece of paper. The next trial will be with a Judge....to be honest I almost expected to be pissed off today.
I've "heard" some trial commisioners don't like so called city slickers- I do believe both parties greatly underestimated my persistance. I suppose the good news is as Carlto Brigante said in his movie......Im comin' out.....Guns Blazin'! Of course this meant as a term to discribe, not actual actions. Again, I cant say anymore. But if I win this one Im glad it can't be appealed. If I loose, Im having a local Senator write a letter to the WI Governor. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is screwing me out of 5K......and I can afford the loss.

Ranger
09-11-07, 11:06 AM
Good luck and keep us updated.

AJ'S 88NA
09-12-07, 12:02 AM
Well, I really consider myself a very stong B- to B+ grade wise in court- Thats not in comparison to Attorneys, just as a Plaintiff. The mention of the BBB etc wouldnt have made a difference, trust me. I cant log on again because Im to tempted to say something. BUT, I stongly disagree with the court commissioner (the level before a Judge) and I told him so. This is NOT so cut and dry as a piece of paper. The next trial will be with a Judge....to be honest I almost expected to be pissed off today.
I've "heard" some trial commisioners don't like so called city slickers- I do believe both parties greatly underestimated my persistance. I suppose the good news is as Carlto Brigante said in his movie......Im comin' out.....Guns Blazin'! Of course this meant as a term to discribe, not actual actions. Again, I cant say anymore. But if I win this one Im glad it can't be appealed. If I loose, Im having a local Senator write a letter to the WI Governor. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is screwing me out of 5K......and I can afford the loss.
Go get'em Arnold:want: To bad they can't see thru his act. I guess somewere along the line somebody will. What goes around comes around. He probably will have to file bankrupsy by the time all his ripped off customers get done with him. I'm still wearing my Poker Face. I haven't tried to contact him since 8/21. The Dumb A#@ hasn't got a clue about running a GOOD business.:confused: Probably was handed this one on a platter.
:suspense:I better watch what I say if he reads these.:canttalk:

AJ'S 88NA
09-12-07, 10:00 AM
I've "heard" some trial commisioners don't like so called city slickers- I do believe both parties greatly underestimated my persistance. I suppose the good news is as Carlto Brigante said in his movie......Im comin' out.....Guns Blazin'! Of course this meant as a term to discribe, not actual actions. Again, I cant say anymore. But if I win this one Im glad it can't be appealed. If I loose, Im having a local Senator write a letter to the WI Governor. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is screwing me out of 5K......and I can afford the loss.PM me when you get a chance with Email address as I can't PM you yet, not enough post. Got some info for you
Thanks AJ

tripledoil
09-12-07, 11:37 PM
PM me when you get a chance with Email address as I can't PM you yet, not enough post. Got some info for you
Thanks AJ

Sure, its volvogydan@yahoo.com - I almost forgot! Im now looking into Dave Brachfields insurance policy. As far as I know shop owners are supposed to have shop keepers insurance ESPECIALLY IF they have employee's.
If you guys have $87 bucks you can file in court.....ALSO Another funny point about Custom Innovations !! - Dave thinks he's so smart & changes his site every day- One day out of business, next day in business, next day working on helping people?? If Dave was working so HARD on helping people you've just GOTTA Laugh at his "recently finished Buick" that he seems so proud of, looks like a friggin teenagers toilet. My point is Its pretty clear who comes first with finishing projects....HIM !!

tripledoil
09-12-07, 11:38 PM
PM me when you get a chance with Email address as I can't PM you yet, not enough post. Got some info for you
Thanks AJ
I type too fast..... my email is volvoguydan@yahoo.com

tripledoil
09-13-07, 12:47 AM
Go get'em Arnold:want: To bad they can't see thru his act. I guess somewere along the line somebody will. What goes around comes around. He probably will have to file bankrupsy by the time all his ripped off customers get done with him. I'm still wearing my Poker Face. I haven't tried to contact him since 8/21. The Dumb A#@ hasn't got a clue about running a GOOD business.:confused: Probably was handed this one on a platter.
:suspense:I better watch what I say if he reads these.:canttalk:

AWESOME JOB SOMEONE!! DAVE IS NOW BAGGED IN SEVERAL LIES!!! IT WILL HELP MY NEXT TRIAL! HE TOLD THE JUDGE HE NEVER HAD A COMEBACK SINCE HE'S USED THE BIGGER INSERTS-----Booooh'''' YEAH

check out someones link
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/274/RipOff0274126.htm

AJ'S 88NA
09-13-07, 03:04 AM
AWESOME JOB SOMEONE!! DAVE IS NOW BAGGED IN SEVERAL LIES!!! IT WILL HELP MY NEXT TRIAL! HE TOLD THE JUDGE HE NEVER HAD A COMEBACK SINCE HE'S USED THE BIGGER INSERTS-----Booooh'''' YEAH

check out someones link

Yeah thats the info I wanted to give you.:yup:

AJ'S 88NA
09-13-07, 05:14 PM

check out someones link

Hey somebody else filed a complaint with ripoffreport. :thumbsup:

I wonder who that was tripledoil?:hmm:

Good report:thumbsup: I wonder if Mr. Branchfield changed his website again today to reflect all this true negitive publicy:histeric:

AJxtcman
09-13-07, 06:51 PM
If he would have followed the instructions for the Timesert Inserts he would have never installed them in the blocks that failed. The blocks had deteriorated and the Timeserts did not have enough to grip on to.

AJ'S 88NA
09-14-07, 12:12 AM
If he would have followed the instructions for the Timesert Inserts he would have never installed them in the blocks that failed. The blocks had deteriorated and the Timeserts did not have enough to grip on to.
Would a mechanic who is suppose to be knowledgable with that type of motor being alum. upon checking out a block that he is going to send out as a complete rebuild and guarentee for 3 years, been able to tell that the Timeserts would fail? I mean how would you tell that the Timeserts would hold? Try them in the block, or just by looking at the block could a experienced builder know that they would probably fail?
Now mine you, I'm talking about a builder that would care about his rep., business, and formost, satisfied customers, not one that would just pass things over(important things like fail or not to fail).
Both of David Branchfeild's rebuilds, and I use that term loosely, to me failed I believe almost as soon as the motor was turned over. I got a knock code right away. Which makes me wonder if he accually did rebuild the motor and not just half ass replace the BHG's on the cores he gets. The second rebuild after the head let loose, now is making a pretty loud racket which makes me think it's a lot more than a BHG. I mean it's obvious that he dosen't care about his rep.,business, and customers, so why would he care about doing the job right? I guess you could make a pretty good profit by taking customers cores and turning them around doing the min. that needs done right? I know the motor I sent him( I wish now I would had it rebuilt), was in very good condition due to keeping up with oil changes and things, it just had a lot of miles143,000 and I wasn't the first owner.
I would like some good experienced builders to chime in and tell me what they think.
Thanks for your responces.

AJxtcman
09-14-07, 07:39 AM
Would a mechanic who is suppose to be knowledgable with that type of motor being alum. upon checking out a block that he is going to send out as a complete rebuild and guarentee for 3 years, been able to tell that the Timeserts would fail? I mean how would you tell that the Timeserts would hold? Try them in the block, or just by looking at the block could a experienced builder know that they would probably fail?
Now mine you, I'm talking about a builder that would care about his rep., business, and formost, satisfied customers, not one that would just pass things over(important things like fail or not to fail).
Both of David Branchfeild's rebuilds, and I use that term loosely, to me failed I believe almost as soon as the motor was turned over. I got a knock code right away. Which makes me wonder if he accually did rebuild the motor and not just half ass replace the BHG's on the cores he gets. The second rebuild after the head let loose, now is making a pretty loud racket which makes me think it's a lot more than a BHG. I mean it's obvious that he dosen't care about his rep.,business, and customers, so why would he care about doing the job right? I guess you could make a pretty good profit by taking customers cores and turning them around doing the min. that needs done right? I know the motor I sent him( I wish now I would had it rebuilt), was in very good condition due to keeping up with oil changes and things, it just had a lot of miles143,000 and I wasn't the first owner.
I would like some good experienced builders to chime in and tell me what they think.
Thanks for your responces.

I worked in two machine shops. The first one is a well known west coast nascar touring division engine builder.
I have built (I think) well over 100 Northstars. I have no count, but I am using a rough guess on an average of a per month. I have done way less head gasket only repairs. This would be more common on 99 and prior and they are almost all out of warranty by now.
I know what failed and why. I listed the price for parts and most were aftermarket. Cam and lifter are outragous and you have 4 cams and 32 lifters. 99 and prior engines tear up cams and lifters. They create a wear pattern so they need to be replaced as a set and not interchanged ever. If you put a new or used lifter on a worn cam it would go a short time before making noise.

GM price on one cam
Camshaft, all models, exhaust, right - 4.6l - 4.6L 93-99 $444.28 List price
GM price on a lifter
Valve lifters, all models - 4.6l - 4.6L 93-99 $54.18 List price
Aftermarket lifters $25 X 32 = $800
GM lifters $1733.76 list price + $1800 list price for cams
$3534 list price for cam and lifters.
Just say he could get them at 1/2 price $1767. This is just cam and lifters that are known to fail. How can you build an engine and sell it for $3k?

AJ'S 88NA
09-14-07, 10:27 AM
I worked in two machine shops. The first one is a well known west coast nascar touring division engine builder.
I have built (I think) well over 100 Northstars. I have no count, but I am using a rough guess on an average of a per month. I have done way less head gasket only repairs. This would be more common on 99 and prior and they are almost all out of warranty by now.
I know what failed and why. I listed the price for parts and most were aftermarket. Cam and lifter are outragous and you have 4 cams and 32 lifters. 99 and prior engines tear up cams and lifters. They create a wear pattern so they need to be replaced as a set and not interchanged ever. If you put a new or used lifter on a worn cam it would go a short time before making noise.

GM price on one cam
Camshaft, all models, exhaust, right - 4.6l - 4.6L 93-99 $444.28 List price
GM price on a lifter
Valve lifters, all models - 4.6l - 4.6L 93-99 $54.18 List price
Aftermarket lifters $25 X 32 = $800
GM lifters $1733.76 list price + $1800 list price for cams
$3534 list price for cam and lifters.
Just say he could get them at 1/2 price $1767. This is just cam and lifters that are known to fail. How can you build an engine and sell it for $3k?
Thanks for your reply. I guess that answers some questions. Custom Innovations/D. Branchfield has got to be just turning these motors around with min. amount of work done to them. Probably the most part of his rebuild is cleaning up the motor, I have to say the motor looked like it was very clean on the outside. The inside I don't know. I think I'm going to have this one tore down to see if a mechanic can tell what was actually replaced/rebuilt/halfassed. Anybody out there want to step up and defend Mr. Branchfield's reasons for shoddy workmanship? I.E. Timeserts, cheaper parts, etc.

AJxtcman
09-14-07, 10:38 AM
This block has not been in the washer yet. scroll down
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/117108-engine-case-half-oil-leak-easy.html

I own my very own aquatic parts washer. I have it at the dealership.

racerxnet
09-14-07, 04:00 PM
Well AJx,

I have a 1997 300 horse Nstar that I beat the piss out of periodically. Mileage is at about 157K. Cam wear patterns look normal to me. Once properly broke in, a cam usually will last a couple hundred thousand miles if the car is maintained properly. I have yet to see camshaft failure as a common problem on the 99 and lower years. Failure of related components within the valve train do not constitute camshaft failures per say. Normally, the break in period is where the cam fails with in 5 minutes.

Quit trying to impress everyone with your NASCAR experiences and the quantity of rebuilds. I am certainly not impressed. I read the forum once a month to see the same self congratulatory replies per your experience. Let it slide.

MAK

AJ'S 88NA
09-14-07, 05:30 PM
Well AJx,

I have a 1997 300 horse Nstar that I beat the piss out of periodically. Mileage is at about 157K. Cam wear patterns look normal to me. Once properly broke in, a cam usually will last a couple hundred thousand miles if the car is maintained properly. I have yet to see camshaft failure as a common problem on the 99 and lower years. Failure of related components within the valve train do not constitute camshaft failures per say. Normally, the break in period is where the cam fails with in 5 minutes.

Quit trying to impress everyone with your NASCAR experiences and the quantity of rebuilds. I am certainly not impressed. I read the forum once a month to see the same self congratulatory replies per your experience. Let it slide.

MAKSo what are you saying?Are you saying that a rebuild can be done considerably cheaper without camshaft replacement? OK that's a given. I understand about camshaft wear and agree with you.
But what about all the other components that would constitute a rebuild that should be replaced, bearings, rings, lifters maybe, valve job and any related parts that would need to be replaced, like valve springs, guides, and so on ?
I know sometimes if the motor was well taken care of some of these things may still be within specs. But Mr. Branchfield is taking cores that like the one I returned to him,and probably turning them around to somebody else without doing the proper rebuild. And to top it off most of these cores probably have BHG's which means coolant has got to the bearings. What happens to the bearings after the come in contact with coolant? Oil will not stick to them anymore right? Where is the quality, pride, workmanship, honesty in ripping people off? If it takes $5000.00 to rebuild a motor properly then so be it. Not cover up half ass work with lies and bullshit, and in the meantime line your own pockets. People like Mr. Branchfield are blood suckers. He dosen't have enough balls to admit he screwed up nor enough business cents to own up to it. Reminds me of these skum suckers ripping off elderly people:nono: And buy the way AJx was I believe showing me that he is an experienced builder with these motors. I don't see a link to what you were refering to AJx, Thanks

AJxtcman
09-14-07, 06:38 PM
Well AJx,

MAK

You have no idea.
I have more pictures.
It seems like every other one I pull down has bad cams. OK the lifters are bad. Hmmmmmmmm stop spinning? If the lifter is bad the cam is bad. If it has 100K on it I don't think it was a break in issue:cookoo:

AJxtcman
09-14-07, 06:50 PM

I have a source for cams.
GM cams are about $440 That maybe my cost?

Pistons--------------292.33 Aftermarket
Ring set ------------ 91.17 Aftermarket
Rod Brg set----- ----147.93 Aftermarket
Head bolt set---------64.16 Aftermarket
Head Gsk set--------230.23 Aftermarket
Timing cover GSK-----21.00
Rear Main seal--------25.00
Rod bolts--------------4.50
Lifters--$25 X 32 = 800.00 Aftermarket
Oil Manifold----------100.00
Fly wheel bolts---------4.80
Sealer----------------30.00
Cam Seal-------------11.00
Oil Filter Adp Seals-----6.00
Water Pump Cover----33.00
Water Pump Cover GSK-5.00
Cross Over Gaskets----14.00
Cross Over Gaskets----15.00
Plastic Plugs-----------22.00
cams 200 X 4 --------800.00 Aftermarket
Total ---------------2685.04
Add Misc ------------100.00
Labor on the high side 1500.
-------------------- 4310 Hmmmmmmmmmm
Done the correct way minus Main Brg and Cranks

Timserts 20 X $5 = 100 more
All said and done with oil, filter, coolant, plugs, ECT $4500?

The main bearing are good most of the time and the cranks are very good. I have replaced about 3 cranks on piston job. Lack of oil will burn up a crank.

This is my place of work. http://www.crestmotors.com/

This is the machine shop I worked at when I was still in Washington State.
http://nutterracingengines.com/

NASCAR TOUR ENGINES

355 CI 9.5-1 390 CARB
42# CRANK
MAHLE CUSTOM COATED PISTONS
ARROW ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT RODS
BOWTIE SPORTSMAN BLOCK
ROLLER CAM BEARINGS
AFR PORTED HEADS
TITANIUM VALVES
T+D SHAFT ROCKERS
JESEL BELT DRIVE
COMPLETE 4 STAGE OILING SYSTEM
INTAKE MANIFOLD

$25,985.00

ADD CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
- STARTER
- CARBURATOR
- COMPLETE IGNITION SYSTEM

$29,995.00

AJ'S 88NA
09-15-07, 12:04 AM
The main bearing are good most of the time and the cranks are very good. I have replaced about 3 cranks on piston job. Lack of oil will burn up a crank.

This is my place of work. http://www.crestmotors.com/

This is the machine shop I worked at when I was still in Washington State.
http://nutterracingengines.com/

NASCAR TOUR ENGINES

355 CI 9.5-1 390 CARB
42# CRANK
MAHLE CUSTOM COATED PISTONS
ARROW ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT RODS
BOWTIE SPORTSMAN BLOCK
ROLLER CAM BEARINGS
AFR PORTED HEADS
TITANIUM VALVES
T+D SHAFT ROCKERS
JESEL BELT DRIVE
COMPLETE 4 STAGE OILING SYSTEM
INTAKE MANIFOLD

$25,985.00

ADD CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
- STARTER
- CARBURATOR
- COMPLETE IGNITION SYSTEM

$29,995.00

Thanks for the info AJx. Based on your info, I'm willing to bet Custom Innovations would maybe have $600.00-$700.00 in parts. The motor he sent me didn't have the water pump, we took care of that, I'm sure he didn't replace the cams or lifters, the one on the motor he sent me were pecking like crazy, too much money for those, he's not going to put in new pistons, maybe rings and rod bearings, head bolts rod bolts nah.
So $3245 is what he got me for-lets give him $700.00 for parts, that's $2545.

$2545.00
$ 300.00 shipping
$2245.00
$ 500.00 Labor I don't know, but he's probably got 1 or 2people:alchi:
$1745.00 profit
I guess he's got a shop, at least he shows one on his website, that maybe B.S. just like he said he was a BBB member and C. of C. member. But if he does, then he has that overhead. How many motors do you think he does a week?
What I'm getting at is he has to cut corners someplace and it's going to be at the customers expense. He requires a core or you have a core charge, if I remember right $500.00. The reason he wants the core is to salvage as much as he can to rebuild another right. So say if that block is not useable do you think he's going to buy a new one, or a salvaged one for what $500.00? No he's going to use the block, knowing that it will fail. But by then he's already got your money and will do anything he can to keep it, which is why he's feeding everybody with one of his scrap motors the line that it's not his fault, it's GM's fault. He figures that if he tells people, like he told me he's filed bankruptsy because of all these failures, that they will give up.:lies:
I know one thing for sure I will let everyone I can anyway I can about Mr. Branchfield, and I wouldn't even let him touch my push mower.

tripledoil
09-16-07, 12:36 PM

Hi guys...Im back- As it turns out, Im not waiting until my next court case is over...I've decided today......I have new laws that I found and Im sure to bag Dave for a large amount in Court. Last week he sent me and 2 other people an e-mail sating his first 100 engines failed! My question is, how many did it take to realize something is wrong?!!
Know Whats funny about this Bozo? He now posts on his website " cool link page" that he recommends this Cadillac site- yet he has already told me PRIOR TO adding this site to is page, that he knows whats being written- (I saved it) Anyone know why he does this??? I can tell you!- its because anyone who trys to go after him in Court he can now claim you have damaged his reputaion and he will sue you for business loss. So thats why he recommends this site..... He sent me some phoney e-mail copy of someone telling him how this is hurting his business- it was funny, yeah Dave...you didnt happen to "know that guy" did you?? Dave was quite vocal about all these posts to me- I told him I'd settle for 650 BUCKS and he REFUSED!! Tells us all how cheap he is?? He had a way out for 1/16th of what I spent and he turned it down! :thepan: In the long run, the joke is on him......who the heck is going to want to sink $3500-5500 on an old Cadillac within a couple years? You see less and less on the road- esspecially if he worked on em'! In the mean time Im still Suing his sorry ass. PS Someone else should post on www.ripoffreport.com to keep the post @ #1 on Google
Lets count the lies so far: feel free to add to mine
Lied about BBB membership
Lied about Chamber Of Commerce memebrrship
Lied About ASE status
Charged me for new parts when he installed dangerous "used ones"....> LIE
Said my engine was his only failure---Lie
Man Let me start a new post...this will take too long
Hey, Dave says he "worked on" F-16's in the Airforce, That simple "worked on" comment leaves a lot of options open for debate. Would anyone like to know what his actual listed job title was for the F-16's? You'll LAUGH!!!
So, what qualifications did he have to "rebuild" our engines?? Dave?? answer?? Other than working on your Dads car as you posted 3 days ago. OH, One last thing-----his home page now claims his "latest engine" won't burn oil....stinks for me because after I had a real shop yank the motor and try and fix what he broke mine burns a quart every 400 miles- SWEET! Lets see, Im into it for 18K so far, including the cars lower purchase price and I have an oil burner- Yet before it didnt ......... I just had ONE problem.....it ran hot- all else was ok until he put his mitt's on it!
Thank you Davey Baby!

AJxtcman
09-16-07, 01:07 PM
Hi guys...Im back- As it turns out, Im not waiting until my next court case is over...I've decided today......I have new laws that I found and Im sure to bag Dave for a large amount in Court.
Thank you Davey Baby!

Are you located near WI?

northstar0521
09-16-07, 06:30 PM
Daniel Flemming (tripledoil), you are in the process of huge charges against you.

# 1: You offered me what can only be described as Blackmail. For $650, you will cease your trash talk. This meets the textbook example. Look at statute P.L. 103-322, 108 Stat. 2147 Sir, that is punishable by 1-3 years in a federal prison.
#2: A court of law has already dismissed the case he had against me. The judge LITERALLY laughed at him. Yet, he persists. I also have a strong harassment case. I ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO SEE THROUGH HIS LIES.
#3: He is facing a HUGE case against him for Defamation of Character. I was planning on advertising my motors on this site, but now feel Dan has caused too much undue discussion in a negative light. For this Dan may endure GREAT loss. He keeps saying "Dave TOOK $5000 from me".. Like I stole it. Dan still drives his car. He has no overheating problems since I repaired it for the second time for him. Dan got his money worth. He just wants me to take responsibility for his pre-existing conditions. Like I said, a court of law threw this case out. Please everyone, SEE THROUGH HIS LIES.
If you read back, Dan is also upset because his power steering line leaked after it left my shop. I will try to post a pic of the line. Rusty rusty. He says it never leaked before, well, that very well may have been the case, but was I suppose to replace everything for the POSSIBILITY it COULD fail. Dan's arguments are absolutely irrational.

Dan is literally the most disgusting person I have ever met. Others have even said words of encouragement to me.. Hey, lets let this guy defend himself.. Dave honored his warranty to me.. I recommend Custom Innovations.. The fact of the matter is I have honored everY one of these head gasket failures, even though I didn't design the original re-thread system. I have suffered huge looses because of this, but.. I am still going.

You will not run me out of town by sundown Danno.

I have over a hundred happy customers of mine that can testify that I have treated them well. Yet, THERE IS ONE THORN IN MY SIDE. Daniel Flemming. He reminds me of a big child who pouts and needs to get his way.
# 4:Dan has even physically threatened me and made several statements in regards to his "military training". "I wish I had Dave in my site line that day", "I would die for this cause as long as we both fire at the same time", I was a gunny sniper marine, yada yada.

Does anyone out there think I have several charges against Dan?!?!?! I would love some input.

I also am more than willing to answer questions. Please e-mail me at info@northstarguru.com. I will, one by one, show everyone that we ARE a licensed, reputable business, and that our intentions have always been good.. We have built more of these motors than probably anyone I have met, but we HAVE had our share of issues with them. This is no secret. The important thing is we have held our head above water and continued to service our customers, despite a crappy insert.

I absolutely refuse to sit back and let this guy TRY to destroy my reputation anymore. Has anyone ever heard of karma?!!?! Dan, you are an evil person, and in life, YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE. I don't really have to do anything. Karma will get'cha Danno.

Instead of building remans, we are leaning these days toward the custom car market these days, involving Northstars of course. Any of you that are interested, I can share with you some really cool projects.

What's this trash talk by Dan about my military experience? This is from a guy who claimed to defend our country. Disgusting. I was a F-16 technician full time for the Air National Guard. I worked on the F-16 fuel delivery systems. This included but is not limited to the EPU (emergency power unit) which ran on hydrazine (a nasty carcinegen), boost pumps, fuel leaks, ect. Dan says, "if you heard his job title you'd laugh." Well Dan, I served my country, and I am proud of that. Is anyone laughing at me because I served my country? Anyone? Dan, they are only laughing at you. Get a life.

rockybalboa11
09-16-07, 07:01 PM
why do you people insist on trashing each other on a forum

take it to e-mail or something

jeez

tripledoil
09-16-07, 08:15 PM
:cookoo::yup:
Daniel Flemming (tripledoil), you are in the process of huge charges against you.

# 1: You offered me what can only be described as Blackmail. For $650, you will cease your trash talk. This meets the textbook example. Look at statute P.L. 103-322, 108 Stat. 2147 Sir, that is punishable by 1-3 years in a federal prison.
#2: A court of law has already dismissed the case he had against me. The judge LITERALLY laughed at him. Yet, he persists. I also have a strong harassment case. I ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO SEE THROUGH HIS LIES.
#3: He is facing a HUGE case against him for Defamation of Character. I was planning on advertising my motors on this site, but now feel Dan has caused too much undue discussion in a negative light. For this Dan may endure GREAT loss. He keeps saying "Dave TOOK $5000 from me".. Like I stole it. Dan still drives his car. He has no overheating problems since I repaired it for the second time for him. Dan got his money worth. He just wants me to take responsibility for his pre-existing conditions. Like I said, a court of law threw this case out. Please everyone, SEE THROUGH HIS LIES.
If you read back, Dan is also upset because his power steering line leaked after it left my shop. I will try to post a pic of the line. Rusty rusty. He says it never leaked before, well, that very well may have been the case, but was I suppose to replace everything for the POSSIBILITY it COULD fail. Dan's arguments are absolutely irrational.

Dan is literally the most disgusting person I have ever met. Others have even said words of encouragement to me.. Hey, lets let this guy defend himself.. Dave honored his warranty to me.. I recommend Custom Innovations.. The fact of the matter is I have honored everY one of these head gasket failures, even though I didn't design the original re-thread system. I have suffered huge looses because of this, but.. I am still going.

I have over a hundred happy customers of mine that can testify that I have treated them well. Yet, THERE IS ONE THORN IN MY SIDE. Daniel Flemming. He reminds me of a big child who pouts and needs to get his way.
# 4:Dan has even physically threatened me and made several statements in regards to his "military training". "I wish I had Dave in my site line that day", "I would die for this cause as long as we both fire at the same time", I was a gunny sniper marine, yada yada.

Does anyone out there think I have several charges against Dan?!?!?! I would love some input.

I also am more than willing to answer questions. Please e-mail me at info@northstarguru.com. I will, one by one, show everyone that we ARE a licensed, reputable business, and that our intentions have always been good.. We have built more of these motors than probably anyone I have met, but we HAVE had our share of issues with them. This is no secret. The important thing is we have held our head above water and continued to service our customers, despite a crappy insert.

I absolutely refuse to sit back and let this guy TRY to destroy my reputation anymore. Has anyone ever heard of karma?!!?! Dan, you are an evil person, and in life, YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE. I don't really have to do anything. Karma will get'cha Danno.

Instead of building remans, we are leaning these days toward the custom car market these days, involving Northstars of course. Any of you that are interested, I can share with you some really cool projects.

What's this trash talk by Dan about my military experience? This is from a guy who claimed to defend our country. Disgusting. I was a F-16 technician full time for the Air National Guard. I worked on the F-16 fuel delivery systems. This included but is not limited to the EPU (emergency power unit) which ran on hydrazine (a nasty carcinegen), boost pumps, fuel leaks, ect. Dan says, "if you heard his job title you'd laugh." Well Dan, I served my country, and I am proud of that. Is anyone laughing at me because I served my country? Anyone? Dan, they are only laughing at you. Get a life.

So what I had a rusty line? So what?????? Your point is???
What about your e-mail theating my family? Hummm- anyone want a copy? Blackmail....lol- how about theft from a person? like putting in a broken, used front engine mount, (& the wrong one mind you) then charging for a new liquid filled one....when you got a solid mount that WAS WELDED to the subframe Because YOU BROKE the STUD with an Impact Gun. My offer to withdraw posts were at the end of the e-mail after I spoke about dropping the new law suit, seeing how Dave is a self centered prick, I figured I'd throw in a free bonus- Knowing darn well others would take my place anyway.
:yup: On my last post Did I "call" ALL this OR did I call this?? LOL-
:cookoo: Lets put it MORE simple....I gave Dave $5000.00 & Two Chances......Then ANOTHER 5000.00 To ANOTHER SHOP who Did a Super Job. Funny How Dave "Skips" over the tough questions- So, does anyone think I spent a SECOND $5000.00 at a LOCAL SHOP Just for Fun??
Hassasment?? another funny one....you ADVERTISE to contact you if you have problems- and I had problems for MONTHS. You should Have excluded me I guess. Your a proven Hack, Liar and more- The ONLY Reason the Judge didnt award an amount is becuase if a slip stating "No Warranty" That the reason, thats it- BUT, THERE IS A NEW TRAIL COMING PEOPLE.
What about all the other people you screwed? are you going to file suit againt them too? You know what the Cops would say to you Shit for Brains? Dont open e-mails from me
This forum is for public use- you should sue them too, like your statement that your filing a class action suit againt Time-Sert Co (Lie)
You should see how pissed the e-bay guy is.....the one you stole is pat pending insert design from.
Also Dave, I hope you wouldnt fabricate a fake e-mail from me now would you? You do know Yahoo keeps all IP Address out-going e-mails as long as the owner keeps their account. it all started for child molesters etc....thats why those people go to Starbucks etc to rob their IP address while doing evil.
Who else makes you angry? I know I'd be pissed at all those nasty people who are out thousands of dollars......I mean, what jerks!!
Dave, have you ever thought about this.......You FIX (DEE MOH'TAH) AND PEOPLE BE HAPPY- does that make sence? guess not seeing how you admitted yesterday you wished you attended to my final problems "while the engine was out"
Anyway, thanks for the Oil Burner! Oh Ya------- You NEVER DID FIX THE OVERHEATING PROBLEM------- The Dealership did, remember the slip from Olsen Cadillac?? You never cleaned the metal coolant return tube- Funny, Im not slamming them, nor the 3rd shop who pulled the engine- Its so strange Im not suing them either.......I must have been born holding a Grudge against Dave Branchfield. P.S. please get the correct spelling of my name, you've been doing it for 8 months.
And these projects you speak of.....they are YOURS- Like the Cadillac STS you recently purchased, the Dune Buggy, The Buick w/ a Northstar, the 2006 Pontiac you picked me up in, the Green Pontiac GTP, New home purchase, And More----ALL YOURS---- Sounds like you have plenty of time FOR YOU! Were you drunk again on this posting Dave? or was that only when you threatened my family? "Sir"
I wouldnt trust you with a box of chocolates- nor, would dozens of others. But again, your right, your always right David.....I get a crap engine & im horrible, your right- Maybe its still my FRIGGIN RADIATOR@!

tripledoil
09-16-07, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your reply. I guess that answers some questions. Custom Innovations/D. Branchfield has got to be just turning these motors around with min. amount of work done to them. Probably the most part of his rebuild is cleaning up the motor, I have to say the motor looked like it was very clean on the outside. The inside I don't know. I think I'm going to have this one tore down to see if a mechanic can tell what was actually replaced/rebuilt/halfassed. Anybody out there want to step up and defend Mr. Branchfield's reasons for shoddy workmanship? I.E. Timeserts, cheaper parts, etc.

Have you guess seen Dave Branchfields responses??? He's funny- you can find them if you search "custom Innovations" (on search posts) He now claims he will sue me and others from ruining his reputation on this (because) he planned on advertising here. Just a scare tactic- Please read my response to him on there

AJ'S 88NA
09-16-07, 10:42 PM

What about your 3 year guanatee? I still have the shit motor you sent me. By the way, as you know and I can prove is the second repair that you are adverstising that will take care of the problem. What are you going to do about it David? You still haven't responded to my complaints, other than the lie about the bankrupsy and I was SOL like the other 100 failures...Don't blame others for your mistakes. Your mistake is assuming that you can keep getting away with bullshitting people. You want to try to sue me also for slander or blackmail? You can't sue somebody for telling the truth.
You have more than one thorn in your side, and the truth be known, and sooner or later it will be, you probably have quite a few.
You are more than willing to answer questions? Bullshit you have just ignored mine. As far as being a licensed business, yeah that maybe true anybody can get a business lic. Reputable? How can you say that when you have ignored your 3 year guarantee with me and I'd like to know how many others. Is the guarantee only good if it happeneds to last 3 years, if you have a problem before that then blame GM or its somebody else's fault?
You said you fixed my motor the second time with the NEW improved Timeserts. Why did it fail at start up? Come on David don't keep the reasons for the failure to yourself, post your reasons for not sticking to your guarantee on my motor. And don't try to lie and say that this is the first time you have heard of a second failing. I and my son have called and left messages, Emails, with no response to the phone calls and 1 email saying basically , too bad. You should remember me, since you say you don't have that many failures, but just to jog your memory, Alex Takacs from Tenn.

AJ'S 88NA
09-16-07, 10:51 PM
why do you people insist on trashing each other on a forum

take it to e-mail or something

jeezWould you have known about Custom Innovations piss poor work and customer relations if we would have? I wish I had known before I went thru pulling my motor twice and going thru all the expense.
I have emailed him, and he has chosen to not respond. I thought these forums were for info. Now at least some people can see how David Branchfield does business and how he handles complaints.

AJxtcman
09-16-07, 11:00 PM
I sent northstar0521 a PM and asked him a few questions. I asked him to reply on the forum. Hmmmmmmmmm
My questions. No responce
Yet
:suspect:
Why did you install TimeSert inserts in the blocks?
How did you get your cores?
I am curious if they came from a dealer.
If you read in this forum my post on head gaskets you will see that I am not 100% on board with the TimeSert inserts. I do use them, but I like Norm's. Norms have problems also, but not a failure problem.

northstar0521
09-16-07, 11:40 PM
Alex, honestly, I do not recall what you are referring to.

I just looked through my inbox back to May; nothing. When was the last time you sent an e-mail, and was it my business acct? Can you forward me a copy of that to info@northstarguru.com?

We have not had any second repairs fail. You say you have this as the case? I'd be really interested in seeing it. Let's remedy it and not counter-productive anymore. I had no idea I was even being mentioned on this site before two days ago when administration informed me of it.

I never said I plan on suing everyone that talks negatively about me. That's silly. You have a legal right given to you by our first amendment. It's LIES that cause DAMAGES which constitutes defamation, and that is not between you and I. Its is between Dan and I. There is a lot you don't know about this man. Just know the judge he and I went up against chuckled at him for being rediculous. He had no evidence. I actually think it's wrong and un-classy to sit and bash someone in a public setting like this. I only posted my last comment because I had no idea I had been trashed for months, and felt I deserved a say.

I would like to get this handled for you, but you will need to tell me what damage has been done that I don't know about. Please exercise some discretion and contact via e-mail. I will watch for it.

I will NOT help you if you continue this.

Your friend Dan, well he's just a fool with a cause. He feels justified, and he is bored. You two have had this discussion for what it appears to be 2-3 months or so now, but Dan's case is completely different form yours. YOU have a warranty. Lets handle it and stop this nonsense.

I have a contact form on my site. Have you used it?

Also, I can't respond to a personal comment through this site as I have not had 20 posts yet. Like I said, I logged on for the first time days ago. I tried to respond to you this morning.

AJ'S 88NA
09-16-07, 11:54 PM
I sent northstar0521 a PM and asked him a few questions. I asked him to reply on the forum. Hmmmmmmmmm
Yet
If you read in this forum my post on head gaskets you will see that I am not 100% on board with the TimeSert inserts. I do use them, but I like Norm's. Norms have problems also, but not a failure problem.
:hide:Custom Innovations ask that you see thru tripledoil's lies. They are not lies, he did have the endorsements on his website about being a member of the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, and ASE. Why are the endorsemennt not on the wesite now? Because I called those agencys and reported him saying he was a member. My mistake I made, was that I mentioned that on the thread and Mr. Branchfield removed them shortly after. The more lies you tell the harder it is to remember what you said. Not to hard to remember the truth David.

MJJ
09-17-07, 12:21 AM
:food-snacking:

AJ'S 88NA
09-17-07, 01:20 AM
:alchi:

tripledoil
09-17-07, 09:04 AM
Yet

Belive me it's not just us! I have 3 other names who have now filed with the State of WI via complaints before they file suit. Dave has REFUSED all Certified Mail from these people. That why I simply mailed mine via delivery confirmation. 2 of the 3 customers plan of posting here. Many people only have the free e-mail set up, and you can't be a cadillacowners member without a paid for e-mail address. Im tempted to say the names of the people other than us but they are both nice guys and I don't want to do that without telling them. However, they are smart guys ard won't be ripped off either.

tripledoil
09-17-07, 09:20 AM
:alchi:

I'm sure most will agree with me when I say that its NOT that fact that Dave messed up.....its not that- even if the engine failed 4 times and he zip's in right back into the shop somehow saying "I'll fix it" (its what I was paid for)
THEN we would be only a little pissed, NOTHING like this.
Even if he told some "white lies" no a huge deal, I'd get over it......Its the FACT that He LIED OVER AND OVER. Flat out Complete, Proven Lies- and not just one.....(Dozens) In addition to the lies he'll also pass balme to anyone other than him.... (including the customer) & do anything short of selling his Mother to keep every nickel you gave him in his pocket.
He makes it seem like this is some high end operation shop with a "reserach team" Attorneys, Master Techs, etc etc. Its just a 1 bay mess with him and another guy who chain smokes- (probably pulling his hair out trying to help Dave) I wonder if the poor guy gets paid?
Anyway, again, its not mechanical mistakes that piss most people off...it's his complete ignorance and the fact I stongly feel he's a 100% Weazel, who wears an innocent mask & speaks softly (until he's angry)
Did anyone see his Orig E-bay Ad's? thats what suckered me- the front page had all these "super cars" and chrome northstar engines with super chargers..... I ended up finding all of the same pictures on ANOTHER WEBSITE. He's removed them as well.
So Dave- When are you going to do that free shipping and repair for AJ and Rich? Should I go on with the names? what if that was their only car for work? we cant all have 7 cars like you.

AJ'S 88NA
09-17-07, 09:25 AM

I just looked through my inbox back to May; nothing. When was the last time you sent an e-mail, and was it my business acct? Can you forward me a copy of that to info@northstarguru.com?
We have not had any second repairs fail. You say you have this as the case? I'd be really interested in seeing it. Let's remedy it and not counter-productive anymore. I had no idea I was even being mentioned on this site before two days ago when administration informed me of it.

I never said I plan on suing everyone that talks negatively about me. That's silly. You have a legal right given to you by our first amendment. It's LIES that cause DAMAGES which constitutes defamation, and that is not between you and I. Its is between Dan and I. There is a lot you don't know about this man. Just know the judge he and I went up against chuckled at him for being rediculous. He had no evidence. I actually think it's wrong and un-classy to sit and bash someone in a public setting like this. I only posted my last comment because I had no idea I had been trashed for months, and felt I deserved a say.

I would like to get this handled for you, but you will need to tell me what damage has been done that I don't know about. Please exercise some discretion and contact via e-mail. I will watch for it.

Your friend Dan, well he's just a fool with a cause. He feels justified, and he is bored. You two have had this discussion for what it appears to be 2-3 months or so now, but Dan's case is completely different form yours. YOU have a warranty. Lets handle it and stop this nonsense.

Also, I can't respond to a personal comment through this site as I have not had 20 posts yet. Like I said, I logged on for the first time days ago. I tried to respond to you this morning.

Here's the first email corespondance, there is another that was sent to the email address on your website that has not even been responded to. When I get no response, that tells me that you are just waiting for me to say F*$# it. So my only recourse as I see it is to let other people know about the treatment. I responded to the address you said to and you see the response I got. And I have used the contact form on your site. No response. I can't seem to forward this to your email it keeps comming back so here it is....

Alex,

This is the first time I have heard of the second repair failing. It is very unfortunate for you, and I extend my deep regrets.

Here is the bad news that I regret to inform you of: Custom Innovations LLC has gone bankrupt due to excessive warranty claims regarding the first repair Timeserts that were used in their first 100+ motors. These were the only inserts, bolts, and torque specs that GM endorsed, and this system flat out did not work. Custom Innovations has suffered catastrophic losses due to this and therefore have been forced into financial ruin.

A product liability case against GM is pending to recover not only our losses, but the customers of Custom Innovations as well. Many others like yourself are pursuing some sort of personal retribution from GM also, in the form of a class action, or otherwise. There is a good chance many will be getting compensation through these means. We will inform you and others of updates that will help you as well.

You will be notified with the legal documents regarding your warranty and the details regarding the bankruptcy of Custom Innovations LLC. Also, like I mentioned there may be some compensation that can be extended to all the people who have been unfortunate regarding this matter, based on the outcome of the for-mentioned suit against GM and Time-fastener.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for your loss, and wish for you some resolution.

Sincerly,
David Blancfield
former owner of Custom Innovations

ormsmgr@webservices.wspisp.net wrote:

FirstName:Alex
LastName:Takacs
Phone1:423-949-6139
Phone2:423-949-6139
ZipCode:37327
OrganizationName:n/a
State:Tenn.
City:Dunlap
EmailAddress:jakie1974@bledsoe.net
StreetAddress1:545 Laurel Ridge Rd.
StreetAddress2:
TextField1:This is the second time we have gone thru this. I tried to call and says we now have to E-mail. So here it is. You probably remember me , about 2 1/2 months you shipped us back for the second time, the northstar motor that had the head let loose. You assured me we would not have anymore problems after for the second time pulled the motor, packed it up and sent it back reinstalled it. Well guess what? After about a little over 1,000 miles the same thing is happening. Water in the rear head.
After going thru this twice with all the work involved, the expence in fluids, tool rental, etc. I will not go thru this again with your company. I am resquesting a full refund to my credit card. If you do not respond to my request, I will not only contact my CC company and file a complaint, I will contact my lawyer, the BBB of Madison, and also Ebay Motors because that is were we first contacted you. Please respond within 3 days, today being 8/20/07
Alex Takacs

tripledoil
09-17-07, 09:31 AM
:hide:Custom Innovations ask that you see thru tripledoil's lies. They are not lies, he did have the endorsements on his website about being a member of the BBB, Chamber of Commerce, and ASE. Why are the endorsemennt not on the wesite now? Because I called those agencys and reported him saying he was a member. My mistake I made, was that I mentioned that on the thread and Mr. Branchfield removed them shortly after. The more lies you tell the harder it is to remember what you said. Not to hard to remember the truth David.

I have a daily print out of every website change. Im running out of ink.Here's what Dave wants
Dear Mr Customer: Please pay me Thousands of dollars. For that I'll ruin your car & you may (or may not) recieve a gasket set, bearings, and ummm- well lets crack that baby open and I'll decide the rest. Then, if it doesnt work I'll tape your mouth.:canttalk: I won't help you and I'll threaten you if you get mad. Just gimmie that MONEY and Go Away- Im a Busy Guy. Im a "GURU" YOU KNOW! And Damn It, if it werent for all these angry people I'd be able to advertise here! Now Keep quiet and bend over for this wrench.
I forgot to mention, one guy who's engine failed was chasing Dave.....One day Dave asked the guy for his Warranty card After the guy said he had NO CLUE what he was talking about Dave told him Yeah, you had to filll that out and send it.
What is this Sony Corp?? Gimmie a break!

northstar0521
09-17-07, 09:35 AM
Do you honestly have NOTHING better to do with your life?!?!?!

I said I was having timesert problems, and was near bankrupcy in the not too far distant past. So, these people you mention; all head gasket problems?!?!?!?! I've admitted that . These people trying to get a hold of me: e-mail me at info@northstarguru.com.

I lie hugh? Dozens of lies hugh? The judge disagreed. You lied right to him and he saw through it. You know what?! I don't even care what you say anymore, because it doesn't matter.

NOBODY CARES!!

Get a life dude! I've got better things to do, like service my warrantied customers.

Watch, there will be a response in like three minutes.. This is all Dan has to do with his life. Don't you have any hobbies? Its pathetic.

tripledoil
09-17-07, 09:41 AM
Are you located near WI?
Im all the way in Rhode Island about 20 minutes from Boston

tripledoil
09-17-07, 09:53 AM

Gee, thats funny- I have an e-mail from you over a month ago repeating an exact "quote" I said on THIS SITE!!!! Well before the trial!!! Just found out??? Nope----!
Like you didnt know about AJ's engine. YEAH RIGHT! and OH we're not friends like you posted. Not in "cahoots" as you try to imply.
In fact, I've never seen his posts until just recently.
Dave you really should go into the 11 page radiatior forum area and try and help those cutomers.
You claim you'll help the guy AJ as you said you'd help me, look how that turned out. Once you get the car or engine it will sit for weeks on end & your "helpful" tone changes to one of an asshol*
Let me post the official public document of what the Judge laghed at when you told him you've never had to defend yourself in court. Be right back

tripledoil
09-17-07, 10:10 AM

Guys, Dave keeps saying the Judge laughed at me??? Dave stated he's never had to defend himself "like this" in court- then I listed some docket numbers for the commissioner/Judge. Here is a copy of the first page of Dave's court run in's....you decide- who was the commissioner "chuckling about" :
Click column headers to sort
Case Number Filing Date County Name Case Status Name Date of Birth Caption
2005TR017641 09-21-2005 Dane Closed Branchfield, David E 05-1975 Dane County vs. David E Branchfield
2004SC001520 02-10-2004 Dane Closed Branchfield, David - David Branchfield vs. Ken Reiht
2003TR004250 07-01-2003 Monroe Closed Branchfield, David E 05-1975 State of Wisconsin vs. David E Branchfield
2003TR002831 05-01-2003 La Crosse Closed Branchfield, David E 05-1975 La Crosse County vs. David E Branchfield
2000SC001982 07-06-2000 Winnebago Closed Branchfield, David Edward 05-1975 Jana L Garl vs. David Edward Branchfield et al
2000SC001478 05-09-2000 Winnebago Closed Branchfield, David E - UW Oshkosh Credit Union vs David E Branchfield
1997SC004491 12-02-1997 Winnebago Closed Branchfield, David - Valley Endodontics Vs David Branchfield
1993CT000244 06-08-1993 La Crosse Closed Branchfield, David E. 05-21-1975 State vs David E. Branchfield

You searched for: Party Name Branchfield, David
Return to Search Form

tripledoil
09-17-07, 10:23 AM
Here's the first email corespondance, there is another that was sent to the email address on your website that has not even been responded to. When I get no response, that tells me that you are just waiting for me to say F*$# it. So my only recourse as I see it is to let other people know about the treatment. I responded to the address you said to and you see the response I got. And I have used the contact form on your site. No response. I can't seem to forward this to your email it keeps comming back so here it is....

Alex,

This is the first time I have heard of the second repair failing. It is very unfortunate for you, and I extend my deep regrets.

Here is the bad news that I regret to inform you of: Custom Innovations LLC has gone bankrupt due to excessive warranty claims regarding the first repair Timeserts that were used in their first 100+ motors. These were the only inserts, bolts, and torque specs that GM endorsed, and this system flat out did not work. Custom Innovations has suffered catastrophic losses due to this and therefore have been forced into financial ruin.

A product liability case against GM is pending to recover not only our losses, but the customers of Custom Innovations as well. Many others like yourself are pursuing some sort of personal retribution from GM also, in the form of a class action, or otherwise. There is a good chance many will be getting compensation through these means. We will inform you and others of updates that will help you as well.

You will be notified with the legal documents regarding your warranty and the details regarding the bankruptcy of Custom Innovations LLC. Also, like I mentioned there may be some compensation that can be extended to all the people who have been unfortunate regarding this matter, based on the outcome of the for-mentioned suit against GM and Time-fastener.

Sincerly,
David Blancfield

StreetAddress2:
TextField1:This is the second time we have gone thru this. I tried to call and says we now have to E-mail. So here it is. You probably remember me , about 2 1/2 months you shipped us back for the second time, the northstar motor that had the head let loose. You assured me we would not have anymore problems after for the second time pulled the motor, packed it up and sent it back reinstalled it. Well guess what? After about a little over 1,000 miles the same thing is happening. Water in the rear head.
After going thru this twice with all the work involved, the expence in fluids, tool rental, etc. I will not go thru this again with your company. I am resquesting a full refund to my credit card. If you do not respond to my request, I will not only contact my CC company and file a complaint, I will contact my lawyer, the BBB of Madison, and also Ebay Motors because that is were we first contacted you. Please respond within 3 days, today being 8/20/07
Alex Takacs
Guess that proves another lie-
here is another cadillac owners posting/victim about 3/4 of the way down the page.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/107796-radiator-7.html#post1151411

tripledoil
09-17-07, 10:38 AM
I have a daily print out of every website change. Im running out of ink.Here's what Dave wants
Dear Mr Customer: Please pay me Thousands of dollars. For that I'll ruin your car & you may (or may not) recieve a gasket set, bearings, and ummm- well lets crack that baby open and I'll decide the rest. Then, if it doesnt work I'll tape your mouth.:canttalk: I won't help you and I'll threaten you if you get mad. Just gimmie that MONEY and Go Away- Im a Busy Guy. Im a "GURU" YOU KNOW! And Damn It, if it werent for all these angry people I'd be able to advertise here! Now Keep quiet and bend over for this wrench.
I forgot to mention, one guy who's engine failed was chasing Dave.....One day Dave asked the guy for his Warranty card After the guy said he had NO CLUE what he was talking about Dave told him Yeah, you had to filll that out and send it.
What is this Sony Corp?? Gimmie a break!
Yet another that was hosed and ignored-

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/112259-still-overheating.html

tripledoil
09-17-07, 10:49 AM

Dave, what about Bruce Walker ? He never posts but did you miss his e-mail too? Or Rich T? When will you do those? I guess never seeing how you refuse their mail! And I'M BORED??? Don't you HAVE ENGINES TO FIX?

tripledoil
09-17-07, 10:56 AM

Alex,

Sincerly,
David Blancfield

StreetAddress2:
Alex Takacs

Funny! Heres one dave sent me last week- unlike Dave, I didnt add a word to my e-mail copies to "spice" it up-
This was his response when i told him I was moving to WI...it was a joke and turned out more funny than I thought. Below is the true colors or Dave:
Dan, Of the two of us I was the one that had the same story form the
very beginning. You changed your story OVER and OVER. You had
inconsistencies, LACK of evidence, and LACK of truth. You perjured yourself in
court.

The judge laughed when you listed my traffic violations.

The judge basically laughed at you completely because you're so ****ing
ridiculous.

Now on to more important business:

I am ****ing warning you.

If I even see you coming, IN ANY WAY, YOU WILL BE GOD-DAM SORRY. I
will not play.

Do you have people you care about? Think about them and don't be a
stupid ****ing idiot.

Oh, and yes I would be as 'cocky' if you were in front of me.

You

don't

****ing

scare

me.

You lost your case, now MOVE ON. You have only hurt yourself, and
TRUST ME, the trend WILL continue if you pursue it.

Do you think I am serious?

For starters, do you WANT a variety of charges against you? Are you
****ing STUPID?

Think.

Think about your loved ones, and the loss you will experience when you
eventually go to jail.. or worse. Think REAL hard before you continue.

My wife is 8.5 months pregnant, I have a business to run, and I don't
have time for your bullshit.

move the **** on
this is your one and only warning

tripledoil
09-17-07, 11:07 AM

Here's an exact copy of how Dave will "help you" this e-mail was sent to me after he had my car parked in the dirt for WEEKS: I have made no changes to it except underline the best part.
David Branchfield <northstar0521@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey Dan,

Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. I am just now getting to your vehicle. We have been so swamped, it's been crazy.

Anyway, did you save the receipt from Autozone when you put that radiator in and then took it out? Just curious. I believe you, but that is a hard one to pull, I don't know why you'd go through the extensive labor twice to save $180. I also wanted to mention, and this is just a friendly thought.. If I put new gaskets and inserts in this thing and the same thing happens, and I put a radiator in it and it fixes it, I will put a lien on this vehicle and charge you for everything. I just wanted to mention this in the friendliest way possible.

I will be in touch soon.. Dave

tripledoil
09-17-07, 11:13 AM

On that last e-mail he sent....I think we all know how that second rebuild turned out by now. Anyone getting why I cant stand this guy yet? If he was SO sure back then it was just a "Radiatior" why build an engine twice? Then throw one in and try it FIRST!! I got it out in under 30 minutes when I first got the car....not as hard as he thinks. He thinks everything is hard.
I believe he planned on charging me twice that why....until I said- STOP- Im sending the truck now to pick up that car if you plan on blaming the radiator and charging me twice and putting a lien on the car.
He then, found the pulled headbolts....he seemed so surprised! Lol

AJ'S 88NA
09-17-07, 11:14 AM
Thanks AJ
My original post. Note the date Dave. 9/03/07
Note the date of your reply to my email 8/21/07. I didn't even sign up as a member until after you emailed me saying SOL. and I gave you enough time to respond thru your other email address on your website with no response whatso ever. My friend as you call Dan, I had no knowadge of until he posted a response to my questions. What I know about him is what you see here on this forum. What I know about you is what you see on this forum. You had no intention of honouring my warrenty or you would have said so the first email. Sounds like you have threatened me saying you won't stand behind your motor if I keep posting on this site?? What do you expect me to do when you have ignored any of my request to resolve this problem. Are you going to be able to repair this motor a third time?
You have my email, my phone no. and my address. If you want to resolve this you contact me since I get no responce to any phone messages, one email that you see, and no phone calls returned from you.

clarkz71
09-17-07, 12:07 PM
I feel for you guys.

tripledoil
09-17-07, 12:12 PM
I feel for you guys.
Thanks, I'll be off for a few days but will be back to more than likely prove anything new he has posted is also B.S. Does this assclown wonder why people are mad?? I was sitting in an internet cafe to check my e-mails from Aruba with my family when I read that e-mail that he may put a false lien on my car.....made for good vacation thoughts. Real tough guy in WI
He does seem well off, at least for a guy who's going out of business. I think someone should call him acting as a "new customer" with cash Now THAT I bet he'd be around for!! Money lovin prick

AJxtcman
09-17-07, 01:29 PM
Im all the way in Rhode Island about 20 minutes from Boston

I picked my Fiero up in West Warwick.

tripledoil
09-17-07, 03:11 PM
I picked my Fiero up in West Warwick.

Cool- Rhode islanders seem to be frantics over Fiero's- I cant fit in one

northstar0521
09-17-07, 09:46 PM
Hey Alex, please send me your info to info@northstarguru.com. We found a new, larger facility, and we are going to be up and running strong again shortly. The move has caused a little discourse in th I.T. dept though, so your records are temporarily unavailable. I would like to take care of this for you. I believe you are the only one that has not been dealt with. We WERE so close to closing up shop for good, but we have recovered completely. I am so sorry we lost communication. Please e-mail me to discuss. Thanks! ~Dave @ Custom Innovations

AJ'S 88NA
09-17-07, 10:58 PM
My original post. Note the date Dave. 9/03/07
Note the date of your reply to my email 8/21/07. I didn't even sign up as a member until after you emailed me saying SOL. and I gave you enough time to respond thru your other email address on your website with no response whatso ever. My friend as you call Dan, I had no knowadge of until he posted a response to my questions. What I know about him is what you see here on this forum. What I know about you is what you see on this forum. You had no intention of honouring my warrenty or you would have said so the first email. Sounds like you have threatened me saying you won't stand behind your motor if I keep posting on this site?? What do you expect me to do when you have ignored any of my request to resolve this problem. Are you going to be able to repair this motor a third time?
You have my email, my phone no. and my address. If you want to resolve this you contact me since I get no responce to any phone messages, one email that you see, and no phone calls returned from you.
Still waiting for the Guru to respond folks:worship: Dave if you're out there
still waiting for some sort of response, email, phone call. For somebody who wanted to make things right you're not in too much of a hurry.
Well folks I will post good or bad however this plays out.

AJxtcman
09-18-07, 07:03 AM
Cool- Rhode islanders seem to be frantics over Fiero's- I cant fit in one

I think Chi twn is a big Fiero area. Hmm
I wish that I didn't do this one. I am not a big fan of the Fiero. They drive like, well you know.

tripledoil
09-18-07, 08:45 AM
Hey Alex, please send me your info to info@northstarguru.com. We found a new, larger facility, and we are going to be up and running strong again shortly. The move has caused a little discourse in th I.T. dept though, so your records are temporarily unavailable. I would like to take care of this for you. I believe you are the only one that has not been dealt with. We WERE so close to closing up shop for good, but we have recovered completely. I am so sorry we lost communication. Please e-mail me to discuss. Thanks! ~Dave @ Custom Innovations
He's the only one who HASNT been dealth with???????ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING!!?? YOU AMAZE ME:histeric:
Also. What I.T. Dept? -- its just you and 1 computer

AJ'S 88NA
09-18-07, 10:26 AM

Sorry, didn't for some reason see this post. Email sent I let you know how things turn out.

tripledoil
09-18-07, 10:42 AM
Sorry, didn't for some reason see this post. Email sent I let you know how things turn out.

I didnt see it until today either- Those comments look good for the (public eye). I really hope he does help you. I'd be satisfied even with that.....but you shouldnt have to pay your mechanic for engine install and removal again. (you've already paid twice) He didnt even pay the tip (joke) Didnt his warranty claim he'll pay for those costs? If he does fully repair the engine, pay you for all the labor & shipping as he promised I THEN will
publicly announce I'll drop my new court claim. But again, first he's gotta send your shop a check for the full labor amount, then repair your engine 100%- Plus pay shipping both ways.
Im sure he's grabbing his checkbook now :suspense:
Gee, I hope Dave wont threaten to sue for this post too!
Remember at the "new shop" Dave "pride cometh before a fall"

AJ'S 88NA
09-18-07, 11:58 PM
I didnt see it until today either- Those comments look good for the (public eye). I really hope he does help you. I'd be satisfied even with that.....but you shouldnt have to pay your mechanic for engine install and removal again. (you've already paid twice) He didnt even pay the tip (joke) Didnt his warranty claim he'll pay for those costs? If he does fully repair the engine, pay you for all the labor & shipping as he promised I THEN will
publicly announce I'll drop my new court claim. But again, first he's gotta send your shop a check for the full labor amount, then repair your engine 100%- Plus pay shipping both ways.
Im sure he's grabbing his checkbook now :suspense:
Gee, I hope Dave wont threaten to sue for this post too!
Remember at the "new shop" Dave "pride cometh before a fall"
Update folks. Dave did return my email this time. He said he is going to send me another motor. Dave paid for the shipping both ways the past times didn't ask about shipping this time I'm just assuming he's going to pay for it.
My son and I did the install and removal, it's acually his Caddy, 97 Deville that he loves dearly. It's going to be a little harder for him this time because he dosen't have Dad's garage, tools, and help, although he did most of the work, he moved back to Florida. I'm curious to see why the second failed. Dave seems sincerly eager to handle this problem and I hope that he does follow thru with everything and provides us with a sound rebuild. He said it would take a couple of weeks to get the motor on it's way. I will keep you updated on any further developments, good or bad.

tripledoil
09-19-07, 11:46 AM
Update folks. Dave did return my email this time. He said he is going to send me another motor. Dave paid for the shipping both ways the past times didn't ask about shipping this time I'm just assuming he's going to pay for it.
My son and I did the install and removal, it's acually his Caddy, 97 Deville that he loves dearly. It's going to be a little harder for him this time because he dosen't have Dad's garage, tools, and help, although he did most of the work, he moved back to Florida. I'm curious to see why the second failed. Dave seems sincerly eager to handle this problem and I hope that he does follow thru with everything and provides us with a sound rebuild. He said it would take a couple of weeks to get the motor on it's way. I will keep you updated on any further developments, good or bad.

Well it "sounds good" Dave has a knack and ability to B.S. his way out a lot of conversations when he's dealing with problems (he caused) - Just has a way of putting that little "poor me" innocent tweak on conversations- Just a con man, plain and simple. So "if" you do get one I hope the 3rd times the charm? - Plus, if both you and your son busted your hump removing and installing the engine (twice already) Why should you do it a 3rd time? At min, you should be paid the GM book time to do the job @ at least 1/2 the shops labor rate and materials.
On my 2nd build he put in those super duty inserts I made him buy- When I got the car back, the overheating was "better" but not fixed. I had to bring it to a dealership. Also the engine was now a TOTAL DISATER! Oil almost poured out of it...& now that I spent thousands more to fix, I own a nice oil burner. Guess I should have made him buy a certain type of piston rings too- (if I got any) Not trying to burst your bubble, I really do hope yours is perfect- just my nightmare.
My car was still up high on the truck & the delivery guy pointed out how bad it was leaking. Dave later showed up in court with his own photo's of a dry engine.
Damn I hate that guy more and more when I remind myself what he is and what he's done. It honestly nearly reminds me of a rapist crying in court that you see on the news.... (just sorry they got caught) I wonder if he cried after "financially raping" dozens of customers. His LAST POST blew my socks off! Stating, yup your the only one who hasnt been taken care of? GOT TO BE KIDDING!
If Caddy owners think "Im mean" Im not at all- people have to revert back to my other statement that said -> it wasnt the "mistakes" that was the problem....its everything else.

northstar0521
09-19-07, 08:38 PM
Dan, The ONLY leak you had was for your power steering (IE leaky, rusty line) and you know it. Maybe you should harass the guy you bought that POS from on ebay. I thought it was funny how you mentioned to the judge how TERRIBLE the oil leak was on the way home, but then when it came time to discuss the pump you ruined while running it dry.. Well.. then it was "ugh, well, no your your honor, the leak wasn't THAT bad", all of a sudden. I thought that was humorous.

I provided the court with almost $14000 in receipts for Northstar parts alone, from just Jan and Feb, but oh no, I don't replace seals or anything. You have access to those documents. The only reason you even do this forum thing is because you are mad you lost. You lost because you have no evidence, and no case. You are responsible for your own vehicle and pre-existing conditions that have nothing to do with me; accept it.

Funny how you drove it all the way home 20+ hrs, and no mention of oil burning. Your grabbing at straws now. Maybe you pushed your 125 hp shot of nitrous I installed a few too many times, or maybe you are sniffing the nozzle..

So anyway, say what you like.. it means nothing. Are you even talking anymore?

Stop wasting my time, I have legitimate customers to service.

tripledoil
09-19-07, 10:26 PM
Dan, The ONLY leak you had was for your power steering (IE leaky, rusty line) and you know it. Maybe you should harass the guy you bought that POS from on ebay. I thought it was funny how you mentioned to the judge how TERRIBLE the oil leak was on the way home, but then when it came time to discuss the pump you ruined while running it dry.. Well.. then it was "ugh, well, no your your honor, the leak wasn't THAT bad", all of a sudden. I thought that was humorous.

I provided the court with almost $14000 in receipts for Northstar parts alone, from just Jan and Feb, but oh no, I don't replace seals or anything. You have access to those documents. The only reason you even do this forum thing is because you are mad you lost. You lost because you have no evidence, and no case. You are responsible for your own vehicle and pre-existing conditions that have nothing to do with me; accept it.

Funny how you drove it all the way home 20+ hrs, and no mention of oil burning. Your grabbing at straws now. Maybe you pushed your 125 hp shot of nitrous I installed a few too many times, or maybe you are sniffing the nozzle..

So anyway, say what you like.. it means nothing. Are you even talking anymore?

Stop wasting my time, I have legitimate customers to service.

Ahhh, and again....No No Dave- The P/S leak was leak 1st leak & the ride was supposed to be 18 hours which turned into 29-30 because you didnt fix the overheating problem. So, once again the engine did have an oil leak AND a P/S leak- in fact, youre the one who keeps bringing up the p/s leak (not me) - I still have the voicemail of you responding to the oil leak at 9:43 am some months ago.....stating its "residual" Lol- Yeah, you pull the engine, put the block in that stupid looking turning degreaser....and its "residual" how is that possible? It DIDNT have an oil leak PRIOR. And i know what OIL Burning smells like BOZO & it WASNT P/S FLUID- I was focused on making it home at that point....seeing how you were not answering your phone!
Also, I DO know you did replace the seals. (thats why they were leaking)
Didnt you read the Olsen Cadillac estimate??? It States, NEEDS Oil pan gasket, rear main seal, halfcase reseal and more....SO, I found a super independant shop that removed the engine, it "would have" been a little less until they found (more work) it's what the dealership DIDNT/COULDNT SEE (after they re-verified it was all the dealer said) THEY ALSO then found the oil pick-up tube filled with small pieces of silicone from your halfcase sealant, the WELDED/broken solid engine mount ypu put in, 4 broken sensors, missing powersteering mount bolts (the main ones) - this was all after the second time you touched it. NOT the first- Probably what it was is this: The leaks from the first time simply got worse. Any other QVEZZTIONZZ'? And Oh yes, the good old Nitrous- well, you advertise upgrades! However, I don't have a Nitrous system because you never finished it......remember? such as not installing the Jets- which would have made a 100Hp shot (into a 1000hp fire) which would have been better for you!! Then you tried to sent me the nitrous parts in a regular white paper envelope (for letters) and the Government officials took them after X-raying the envelope....remember??? Then, on the second trip/repair (when the car was shipping again) you said you forgot AGAIN...ring a bell?:thepan: And remember how mad you were when I told you the installation instructions were so simple and I thought you would have messed it up even if they were written on the back of your eye lids?

Maybe my engine burns oil because it was half starved for oil from the overkill of silicone you put on to seal the blocks half case- like that guys Chazlen I believe? He's on the radiator topic page- He had a TOTAL/Seize lock up from oil starvation after you rebuilt it from the oil pickup tube being 99% clogged.

So lets do a quick Re-cap:.....the oil leak that wasnt that bad, was from that the p/s line you broke, but what WAS bad is the Oil leak. My point to the Judge was that METAL SHAVINGS didnt get into my p/s system "from me" because I never let it get that low....Gee, I wonder if it was from me? or from your photos of you drilling the engine block with a 1/2lb of metal shavings all over every square inch on the engine......hummmmmm, I wonder. In fact 1 extra pint lasted the whole ride.
But you MUST remember the story when I got the car back the second time?? You've gotta! Remember me trying to drive it locally story? I pulled up to the Mall one Friday night & dropped someone off. There were 5-6 older teens standing there and they all had to move because the car REAKED of burning oil so bad-----remember that? probably not, didnt seem to be listening to my example at the time. One kid pulled his shirt up over his nose as he walked away. I'll be sure to break down the different subjects next trial. Like I said, small claims is usually a simple 1 page complaint- it was pretty clear the "judge" DIDNT read my 26 page case. I'll have a perfect pinpoint summary page as point out all your different screw ups for the next run. Because It can all me confusing!
As for E-bay....humm- not sure what you mean. I've been pretty happy with all purchases.
How about you? I feel bad for the guy who took the dumb "pimp daddy" oldsmobile you sold- well, if you worked on it I am! e-bay account northstar0521 there also. How are your projects going?? all financed by people who were screwed! And you just keep listing new projects...glad to see those happy customers in there! Like your WI court file I posted here........Looks like you even screwed your dentist- Im sure he didnt sue you for nothing. Same with the bank...hey I thought those were all speeding tickets- Oooop's!

:thumbsup:

DILLIGAF
09-19-07, 10:50 PM
Disturbing reads guys.

tripledoil
09-19-07, 11:22 PM
Ahhh, and again....No No Dave- The P/S leak was leak 1st leak & the ride was supposed to be 18 hours which turned into 29-30 because you didnt fix the overheating problem. So, once again the engine did have an oil leak AND a P/S leak- in fact, youre the one who keeps bringing up the p/s leak (not me) - I still have the voicemail of you responding to the oil leak at 9:43 am some months ago.....stating its "residual" Lol- Yeah, you pull the engine, put the block in that stupid looking turning degreaser....and its "residual" how is that possible? It DIDNT have an oil leak PRIOR. And i know what OIL Burning smells like BOZO & it WASNT P/S FLUID- I was focused on making it home at that point....seeing how you were not answering your phone!
Also, I DO know you did replace the seals. (thats why they were leaking)
Didnt you read the Olsen Cadillac estimate??? It States, NEEDS Oil pan gasket, rear main seal, halfcase reseal and more....SO, I found a super independant shop that removed the engine, it "would have" been a little less until they found (more work) it's what the dealership DIDNT/COULDNT SEE (after they re-verified it was all the dealer said) THEY ALSO then found the oil pick-up tube filled with small pieces of silicone from your halfcase sealant, the WELDED/broken solid engine mount ypu put in, 4 broken sensors, missing powersteering mount bolts (the main ones) - this was all after the second time you touched it. NOT the first- Probably what it was is this: The leaks from the first time simply got worse. Any other QVEZZTIONZZ'? And Oh yes, the good old Nitrous- well, you advertise upgrades! However, I don't have a Nitrous system because you never finished it......remember? such as not installing the Jets- which would have made a 100Hp shot (into a 1000hp fire) which would have been better for you!! Then you tried to sent me the nitrous parts in a regular white paper envelope (for letters) and the Government officials took them after X-raying the envelope....remember??? Then, on the second trip/repair (when the car was shipping again) you said you forgot AGAIN...ring a bell?:thepan: And remember how mad you were when I told you the installation instructions were so simple and I thought you would have messed it up even if they were written on the back of your eye lids?

Maybe my engine burns oil because it was half starved for oil from the overkill of silicone you put on to seal the blocks half case- like that guys Chazlen I believe? He's on the radiator topic page- He had a TOTAL/Seize lock up from oil starvation after you rebuilt it from the oil pickup tube being 99% clogged.

So lets do a quick Re-cap:.....the oil leak that wasnt that bad, was from that the p/s line you broke, but what WAS bad is the Oil leak. My point to the Judge was that METAL SHAVINGS didnt get into my p/s system "from me" because I never let it get that low....Gee, I wonder if it was from me? or from your photos of you drilling the engine block with a 1/2lb of metal shavings all over every square inch on the engine......hummmmmm, I wonder. In fact 1 extra pint lasted the whole ride.
But you MUST remember the story when I got the car back the second time?? You've gotta! Remember me trying to drive it locally story? I pulled up to the Mall one Friday night & dropped someone off. There were 5-6 older teens standing there and they all had to move because the car REAKED of burning oil so bad-----remember that? probably not, didnt seem to be listening to my example at the time. One kid pulled his shirt up over his nose as he walked away. I'll be sure to break down the different subjects next trial. Like I said, small claims is usually a simple 1 page complaint- it was pretty clear the "judge" DIDNT read my 26 page case. I'll have a perfect pinpoint summary page as point out all your different screw ups for the next run. Because It can all me confusing!
As for E-bay....humm- not sure what you mean. I've been pretty happy with all purchases.
How about you? I feel bad for the guy who took the dumb "pimp daddy" oldsmobile you sold- well, if you worked on it I am! e-bay account northstar0521 there also. How are your projects going?? all financed by people who were screwed! And you just keep listing new projects...glad to see those happy customers in there! Like your WI court file I posted here........Looks like you even screwed your dentist- Im sure he didnt sue you for nothing. Same with the bank...hey I thought those were all speeding tickets- Oooop's!

:thumbsup:

Lets all actually thank God Dave himself isnt a Dentist- He'd probably install wooden teeth then blame you for not flossing, then call you a problem child.
Ok...Ok I've got it! Im thinking about building Northstar engines- "I" unlike Dave, have actual training + I was a A.S.E Master Tech for years, went to Automotive College, and a plain ol' hobby since age 12.
Say Dave, now we know all your previous listings of qualifications were lies, what are your credentials? Other than the trial and error of our engines and oh, > your Dads car.

northstar0521
09-19-07, 11:55 PM
hahaha
sounds good Dan, go with that!!

BTW, I apologize to those that feel compelled to read this thread. ;) I'm sure it's REAL exciting for you!

OK, lets think about this.. a judge threw you out of court for being a moron. So now we are resorting to.. anything? It just keeps ending up being more, and more, and more, and more, and more BS. You sound so ridiculous. But hey, you do give me my daily laugh without fail, for which I am grateful! Thanks dude!

Lets further put this into perspective: 60,000 members on this site, out of millions(?) of caddie owners? 60,000, with maybe 80-90% of which are Northstar cars. Of those 80-90%, MAYBE 5% of which actually stumble upon this thread. Of the 5%, how many do you think #1) care what you have to say, and #2) actually believe your ridiculousness? When it's all said and done, I'm sure the few (if they exist) that both believe you, and care, are thinking of purchasing an engine. But what the hey, whatever makes you feel better!

Sooo.. Anyone want to talk about anything cool?!?! 1000hp Northstars, management systems, superchargers? This is what people come to these forums for!!! But like I said, whatever makes you feel better! HEY EVERYONE- check out my website: northstarguru.com, and tell me if you believe the trash talk!

BTW, I am not selling to the public much anymore, but now primarily selling motors to my wholesale dealers. (target that audience Danno)
They've been loving them. NOT ONE has failed. Not one. No leaks, overheating, nothing. I guess you must just have the worst luck in the world hugh?

Anyone that wants to drop me a line with your thoughts: info@northstarguru.com. I'd love to hear from you!! ~Dave @ Custom Innovations ;)

northstar0521
09-19-07, 11:58 PM
hahaha, oh, and your S U C H a great technician.. that's why you can't work on your own car. Ok, got it ;)

MJJ
09-20-07, 12:59 AM
BTW, I apologize to those that feel compelled to read this thread. ;) I'm sure it's REAL exciting for you!

;)

clarkz71
09-20-07, 06:45 AM
:food-snacking: I know one thing, silicone/RTV bits in the oil pump pick up
screen is the mark of an amateur.

tripledoil
09-20-07, 08:42 AM
hahaha
sounds good Dan, go with that!!

OK, lets think about this.. a judge threw you out of court for being a moron. So now we are resorting to.. anything? It just keeps ending up being more, and more, and more, and more, and more BS. You sound so ridiculous. But hey, you do give me my daily laugh without fail, for which I am grateful! Thanks dude!

Lets further put this into perspective: 60,000 members on this site, out of millions(?) of caddie owners? 60,000, with maybe 80-90% of which are Northstar cars. Of those 80-90%, MAYBE 5% of which actually stumble upon this thread. Of the 5%, how many do you think #1) care what you have to say, and #2) actually believe your ridiculousness? When it's all said and done, I'm sure the few (if they exist) that both believe you, and care, are thinking of purchasing an engine. But what the hey, whatever makes you feel better!

Sooo.. Anyone want to talk about anything cool?!?! 1000hp Northstars, management systems, superchargers? This is what people come to these forums for!!! But like I said, whatever makes you feel better! HEY EVERYONE- check out my website: northstarguru.com, and tell me if you believe the trash talk!

BTW, I am not selling to the public much anymore, but now primarily selling motors to my wholesale dealers. (target that audience Danno)
They've been loving them. NOT ONE has failed. Not one. No leaks, overheating, nothing. I guess you must just have the worst luck in the world hugh?

Anyone that wants to drop me a line with your thoughts: info@northstarguru.com. I'd love to hear from you!! ~Dave @ Custom Innovations ;)
Nope, not a single thing new. You REALLY must be slower than I thought. Look at the orange colored estimate from Olsen Cadillac that dates back MONTHS ago......Its says the exact same as Im saying now....Nada' new- You just have yourself convinced you are a "Guru" Just that word shows how queer and cocky you are. I bet you even believe your wife when she tells you have the "biggest one ever" HAHAHAAHAHa
Remember I had to send you a copy of the entire court packet?? You know, that 26 page packet that included all those expense estimates from real shops. The packet that listed all your lies and screw ups?
These problems were all here way back when I got the car back the second time. That estimate is the same as the nitrous instructions- hehe- so clear you'd miss it if it were written on the back of your eye lids.
What about your "first" excuse you mailed the court stating my car was just old and had to many miles...listing it at 161,000 miles right? LOL it has 86,000 on it as stated on all the receipts from the "real shops"-:cool2:
And you said the worst luck thing before.......and I've gotta go ahead and bust ya on that too. As you've stated yourself the first 100 engines failed, so pretty clear its not just me
The additional problems were because YOU put the engine in...... as compared to most of the others who "just sent" you the engine, not the whole car. GET IT? Remember once your website said NO MORE INSTALLING ENGINES ONCE? Why? I've got that print out if needed, because I know you have a "limited slip" memory
As far as me working on the car! Hell yeah, I would have.....I've stated that as well- I however don't have a lift to drop the engine from the bottom OR I WOULD HAVE- Plus I was very busy with my business and decided to treat myself "so to speak" AND WOW WHAT A TREAT IT'S BEEN!:bonkers:
Ok, with your projects you are so proud of......its even more clear you have been working out the bugs for YEARS on those cars. Do you think those cars are "sellable"? The person would probably drive it thru your living room after the first week out of anger. At least you'd have another excuse...hey I worked on those and added high performance stuff.
Im a better tech than you think, in fact I have more experience. You know 1 lame engine, thats it. Want a race rebuilding a Volvo S80 twin turbo engine, or an Audi S8 headgasket? Don't get angry when you feel the pinch, its just that some people arent fooled.
I could buy a GM 572 crate engine, mated to a turbo 400 trans, 4.11 gears and throw it in a wood panel 1978 Malibu and blow your friggin doors off. "Plus" mine would RUN for more than a week without pulling the engine again- All for 1/2 the cost and headaches.
Look at your sorry ass in your new photo on your website- all hunched over like a coward. Not standing erect and proud. (It shows)
Your should also pay poor Bill more money so he can send his uniform out for a wash.
So ok, you no longer need this site- Thats why I've ALSO posted on 1.) Yahoo "rate it" 2.)Google 3.) Whitepages.com 4.) Yellowpages.com 5 :shhh:
P.S. Why do you keep adding your e-mail in posts? it sort of like you just pray for someone to e-mail you and agree? these are the people Im trying to protect....anyone who would lower themselves to talk to you only wants something (like their engine fixed) after you messed it up.
Also, for the record....(and I know you'll "skip" this one) Are all the 100 engines you messed up all done? you claim your all set and back on your feet-
How much did you bank on these? Lets see......"just" on the 100 you admit It was 3500-5000 X 100 then exenses...hummm still not too shabby- even after your $14,000 in slips you showed the judge- Where's the rest of the $380,000? Oh ya....."the house" you purchased, then a lot hidden in cash & the rest in under the hoods of those cars!

northstar0521
09-20-07, 09:43 AM
I needed my morning chuckle.. ;) ;).. 'without fail.' :) ;)

I look forward to seeing you soon!! I'll be standing straight and proud when the court laughs at you again.. because we all know that is what really matters- actual proof.

:lies: ---> Dan

BTW, there is only one good way to seal the block halves. Jasper and others do the same thing- call around dude. It's actually in a service bulletin, but like I said, its just more and more and more.. You make me raugh round eye.

:horse:

tripledoil
09-20-07, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=northstar0521;1222626]I needed my morning chuckle.. ;) ;).. 'without fail.' :) ;)

I look forward to seeing you soon!! I'll be standing straight and proud when the court laughs at you again.. because we all know that is what really matters- actual proof.

BTW, there is only one good way to seal the block halves. Jasper and others do the same thing- call around dude. It's actually in a service bulletin, but like I said, its just more and more and more.. You make me raugh round eye.

You wish I was that horse- lol- You'd see how fast that stick would be out of your hands...faster than your engines blow.
Also, its based on "your word" that the judge laughed- and we know how much value that has. You also stated it was all because I only proved you had "speeding tickets" People can click back a page or two and see how much truth was in that statement.
I bet that company does use silicone on the half case, however they "somehow" will run a perfect bead that doesnt GET INTO THE FRIGGIN ENGINE!
Im am glad your are here- I wonder if Jasper Engine Co would do this? or just take care of problems.
As far as standing tall...I always do & this time (I'll be there) won't be over a speaker phone. Your right, standing tall is all that maters?. Not the truth-? Hows that classaction lawsuit going against Time-Sert Co?
See ya soon clownie

tripledoil
09-20-07, 10:32 AM
I needed my morning chuckle.. ;) ;).. 'without fail.' :) ;)

:horse:

Oh, one last thing.....aren't 7 reciepts from 7 top shops proof? I guess you didnt read other posts? What other proof would "you" like- Like I said before.....Yup, I spend $5,000 at your shop, wasted months and months for you to "fix it" along with over 100 hours chasing you- Then I spend another $5,000 at another shop to find out I have an oil burner. And yes I have receipts and proof for those now- Ohhhhh yeahhhh Baby- its all a trick, it was all in my plans to spend double and waste a year.
Boy what a super scam I have!:bonkers: It sure makes sense to me to screw myself out of $5000.00+ bucks.......I sure beeeee' smart!
P.S.>/BTW- Next time you charge customers for an Evac of their 134 A/C system, please try to remember not to tell them later you have a trick to pull the engine without an evac of the system....might be a good tip for people that have a memory.
Shall we continue?

urbanski
09-20-07, 10:40 AM
Shall we continue?

no..

clarkz71
09-20-07, 11:55 AM
I agree, I think this thread has run it's course. We all know where the players stand.
All I hear is................ .. .:gossip: ,:jerkit:

HITMONEY
09-20-07, 02:48 PM
Here is how it is viewed from someone not involved, just like someone else who may stumble into this thread...

EVEN if the complaints against Custom Innovations were 100% completely false... fabricated out of thin air, thrown out of court on all counts... if Jesus Christ appeared before all and exonerated Custom Innovations from any and all accusations.... The way northstar0521, the owner of said business, has conducted himself here would prohibit anyone with a shred of common sense from doing business with him.

I can see customers acting a bit out of hand, they are the customer who feel they have been wronged. But as a business owner you should conduct yourself as a professional at all times because others not involved, just like me, are reading this as well.... lots of us. It is not so much the customers claims of shotty workmanship that will ruin your business from anyone reading this, that just perks our ears up, it is how YOU have reacted here that has sealed your fate... with at least this N* owner. You sir have slandered yourself here.

I have been around automotive forums for a long time, and I have seen disputes many times, but I have never seen a business act as childish as Custom Innovations has on these boards.

Carry on with the non-sense.

clarkz71
09-20-07, 02:54 PM
Well said HITMONEY.

Submariner409
09-20-07, 03:38 PM
This thread has run its course and now offers no constructive information. Time to lock it and start a new engine search without the original combatants.

tripledoil
09-20-07, 03:51 PM
Well said HITMONEY.

Ok, I agree- I'll pull my plug at least. Just sucks for me and whoever know how many more out there who have no clue this forum exist's. One awesome service manager I worked for at a huge Boston Dealership once asked at a group meeting: Whats the difference between a perfect repair from a top tech and a comeback? Several shouted silly answers, but the answer he was looking for was "5 minutes" - Just five minutes to look everything over and be sure you've done a perfect job....right down to checking the license plate bulb.
On a brighter note, I also believe Dave never had intent on these failures.
All this hinges on how he handled himself it once the hammer fell. He would have done anything to get out of it to say the least...even if that included a few people driving into a brick wall.
If he had an Attorney he or she would have told him to "zip it" a long time ago....now he's dug too deep. My elementry school Principal once told me- "never lie Danny" it's too hard to remember what you said. Odd theory on a reason not to lie, but 100% proven.
Well I won't take up anymore webspace about him. Maybe I'll try using 10w-40 or 15W-40 oil next oil change, for the burning problem. Im running 10w-30 Royal Purple now

urbanski
09-20-07, 04:07 PM
and we're done. lets have another thread when things get resolved, no?