: Sticky situation

Destroyer
08-20-07, 12:00 AM
So as some know besides being a big shot investor (yeah right!), I'm also a Realtor. Well, I'm working with this guy and him and his girlfriend are buying a house. Ok, cool. I send him a bunch of emails with the properties available that fit their criteria and ask him to email me back a list of MLS numbers of homes they want to view. He emails me back a MS works document that says this:

"I wish I had a time machine I would go back and start yesterday over again.
Iím sorry baby, I love you I believe it would be a big mistake to go our separate way.
we are soul mates and I know for a fact I can feel you in me.
remember what the pastor saidÖ the devil like to break apart relationships like the one we have .
If we give up it will win
Please forgive me
I love you XXXXX
Your love monkey
XXX."

At first I'm like WTF!!!!!!?????????. But then I realized it was an email for his girlfriend. I never got the MLS numbers I needed so I could show them homes tomorrow afternoon. What should I tell my client?. Should I tell him he sent the wrong email or that I could not open the attachment or what?. I still need those numbers to set the appointments. Or should I be kinda funny about it and say "hey love monkey, send the right email this time". Oh man!. What would you do?.

TaVern
08-20-07, 12:31 AM
:lol:

Are you making this up?!? :suspect:

"your love monkey" <-- I'm going to use this line!

Red_October_7000
08-20-07, 01:01 AM
Truth is apparently stranger than fiction.
I almost chocked on my meal!
:histeric::histeric::alchi::alchi:

Spyder
08-20-07, 01:59 AM
I'd make light of it... "Hey love monkey, send the right email this time" seems very appropriate.

But on another note, it looks like you ain't gonna be selling them a house anytime soon!

ewill3rd
08-20-07, 05:29 AM
Telling him you got the wrong attachment will embarass him and cause problems.
Just tell him you didn't get the attachment or it won't open and you need him to send it again.

Depending on the situation that prompted him to write that message in the first place, you might end up losing a client by making a joke.

Rolex
08-20-07, 07:00 AM
You owe me a new keyboard. I spit soda all over this one. :rofl:

Destroyer
08-20-07, 07:06 AM

Are you making this up?!? :suspect:

"your love monkey" <-- I'm going to use this line!
I wish I was making it up, even had a pic with flowers and gifts and stuff on th bottom of the page. :rolleyes:

Destroyer
08-20-07, 07:12 AM
Telling him you got the wrong attachment will embarass him and cause problems.
Just tell him you didn't get the attachment or it won't open and you need him to send it again.

Depending on the situation that prompted him to write that message in the first place, you might end up losing a client by making a joke.I dont think he wrote that message for me, at the bottom where the names go it had his name and his girlfriends. I just dont want him to check his sent messages and see that there. Ah well, I'm just gonna tell him the link didn't work and to resend the numbers. If he checks it, he will know whats up. I'll just play stupid and pretend I never saw that. Should I bring some bananas with me when I pick them up?:lol::lol:

RightTurn
08-20-07, 12:36 PM
Should I bring some bananas with me when I pick them up?:lol::lol:

:yup:

wait4me6920
08-20-07, 04:37 PM
Stuff happens - yeah, I'd play dumb.

BigJon
08-20-07, 04:55 PM
i'd pull him a side and tell him..... that way he can fix things with his girlfriend... cuz what if things are going bad with them...

Destroyer
08-20-07, 05:19 PM
i'd pull him a side and tell him..... that way he can fix things with his girlfriend... cuz what if things are going bad with them...
I'm not going there. If he buys a house I'll send them a Chiquita gift certificate or something. Anyway I called the guy and told him I wasnt by my computer and to just read the numbers out and I wrote them down and showed the homes today. Hopefully he never checks his "sent" messages. Friegin love monkey, lol. You just cant respect a guy that is somebody's "love monkey".

dkozloski
08-20-07, 05:46 PM
As life goes on there are some special chances that come by to do good and to do mischief. I'd forward the message to it's intended recpient.

Destroyer
08-20-07, 07:24 PM
As life goes on there are some special chances that come by to do good and to do mischief. I'd forward the message to it's intended recpient.
I dont know the email of the intended recipient but even if I did I would not get involved.

BigJon
08-20-07, 08:03 PM
lol ya you dont want to be a love monkey o.0 hmm thats just weird..

90Brougham350
08-20-07, 08:39 PM
He knows he sent you the wrong thing, and he's embarassed beyond all hell. Obviously, he was expecting his girlfriend to read that. If you got it and she didn't, he'll know, because he would be expecting her to react to it the next time they see or talk to each other. Do the professional thing and simply ask for the attachment to be re-sent, and make no reference or comment about the document until he does.