: Look what is in San Antonio paper--Z06 with 2,500 miles

z06bigbird
08-19-07, 10:33 PM
There is a red 2002 Z06 in San Antonio newspaper classified ads (mysa.com). About 2,500 miles on it, red, driven once a month, covered when not driven, and parked in air conditioned garage. $31,500. I have driven it. Around the first of the year, I actually put a down payment on it for my son in Germany (AF). It had 1,500 miles on it at that point in time. Then my son bought a 2007 BMW 530i with 4500 miles on it.

I wish I had the money for this, as I have a son in Austin, Tx. Dad has no $$; junior has no $$.

Owner of this vehicle is as anal as anyone on this forum. There is not even a parking lot chip on this vehicle. I know I sound like I am pushing this vehicle, but I know a great car when I see and drive one. Price is retail, but I don't mind paying retail for those kinds of low miles.

Boombotz
08-19-07, 10:39 PM
Moved here as it doesn't apply to the CTS section.:thumbsup:

Rolex
08-19-07, 10:44 PM
Ewww. It's one of those old slow ones. :hide:

Playdrv4me
08-19-07, 11:03 PM
Man for a second I thought that said 2006 Z06.

soupero
08-20-07, 08:32 AM
Thought I saw it too. Would be crazy!! :D

z06bigbird
08-20-07, 09:18 AM
I surely wish someone looking for a fast sporty type of car would stumble across that vehicle. It is one fine auto. If I didn't have a driveway full of cars, it would be sitting in my garage or driveway. Oh, well, like women, there is always another one around the corner.

Time for flames.

Playdrv4me
08-20-07, 11:39 AM
If I want a car bad enough I find a way to get it, in fact I probably take that a little too far at times. If you like this Z06 so much then get rid of one or two cars, sell some stuff, sell a kidney... Theres ways to do it if you want it badly enough.

Thing is, I dont think think extremely low mileage is sufficient to qualify an 02 Z06 for gotta have it status, especially now that the C6 has bested it by over 100hp or more. Its just, a low mileage old Z06. One of the first lessons guys who buy cars for resale learn is that overpaying for low mileage, leaves you with a lot full of unsold, low mileage cars until the one z06bigbird out of a million strolls across the lot. Now, if you specialize in only Corvettes, or Shelby Cobras, or M3's... thats a different story.

z06bigbird
08-20-07, 01:59 PM
If I want a car bad enough I find a way to get it, in fact I probably take that a little too far at times. If you like this Z06 so much then get rid of one or two cars, sell some stuff, sell a kidney... Theres ways to do it if you want it badly enough.

Thing is, I dont think think extremely low mileage is sufficient to qualify an 02 Z06 for gotta have it status, especially now that the C6 has bested it by over 100hp or more. Its just, a low mileage old Z06. One of the first lessons guys who buy cars for resale learn is that overpaying for low mileage, leaves you with a lot full of unsold, low mileage cars until the one z06bigbird out of a million strolls across the lot. Now, if you specialize in only Corvettes, or Shelby Cobras, or M3's... thats a different story.

I agree with you. I would not buy this to resell. I have a couple of LeSabres in driveway that I am trying to sell right now. Bought them low with ext low miles. Selling them at a good profit. Market is slow right now, and I am a little greedy with price.

I will be happy to sell one of your kidneys. I even think that a BUNCH of people here would be willing to assist me in cutting it out.

Heck, I am in trouble again with moderators.

Playdrv4me
08-20-07, 02:20 PM
I will be happy to sell one of your kidneys. I even think that a BUNCH of people here would be willing to assist me in cutting it out.

Hey! What did I do?? :rant2:

z06bigbird
08-21-07, 11:46 AM
Hey! What did I do?? :rant2:

Just picking on you. I should have added LOL. Sorry.

Besides, if I pick on a regular forum member, he/she will just ignore me. Moderators are always good for a response, ban, delete, move, etc.

Playdrv4me
08-21-07, 12:17 PM
Just picking on you. I should have added LOL. Sorry.

Besides, if I pick on a regular forum member, he/she will just ignore me. Moderators are always good for a response, ban, delete, move, etc.

Lol, you just love to :stirpot:

Some of the most entertaining threads here, start with Z06 in the member line :thumbsup:

z06bigbird
08-25-07, 11:15 PM
Ttt.

z06bigbird
09-02-07, 05:04 PM
There is a red 2002 Z06 in San Antonio newspaper classified ads (mysa.com). About 2,500 miles on it, red, driven once a month, covered when not driven, and parked in air conditioned garage. $31,500. I have driven it. Around the first of the year, I actually put a down payment on it for my son in Germany (AF). It had 1,500 miles on it at that point in time. Then my son bought a 2007 BMW 530i with 4500 miles on it.

I wish I had the money for this, as I have a son in Austin, Tx. Dad has no $$; junior has no $$.

Owner of this vehicle is as anal as anyone on this forum. There is not even a parking lot chip on this vehicle. I know I sound like I am pushing this vehicle, but I know a great car when I see and drive one. Price is retail, but I don't mind paying retail for those kinds of low miles.

Sunday, Sept 2. Z06 is still available. $31,500 firm. A LEO was trying to get financed, but that deal fell through. Seller's phone: 210-490-3367.

lawfive
09-02-07, 05:19 PM
Paging Adam...

Adam
09-03-07, 03:09 AM
Ahaha... no... Adam wants new Corvette w/LS3 + Z51... and paddle shifters. :D. Plus I have to trade in the CTS, pay off one more cc, and save up for the down payment.