: Disaster

305Caddy
08-19-07, 10:59 PM
On Saturday I had my Girlfriend meet me @ my Dad's (he practically has west coast choppers in his backyard)so I could Maintanence her Protage! When I was done I offered to help my dad moew his lawn. I parked the Brougham on the easment (the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street) While we were working on the side of the hous I herd a noise out front that I knew was not good. I looked to see the guy across the streets truck backed into my Brougham. To make things even worse Buddy thinks no one saw so he tries to whip (ebonics for leave). I go flying across the yard and jump on the step rail reach in through the open passenger window and grab this guy by the throught screaming you just hit my Caddy and you think you can leave. I dont know what changed his mind (maybe it was his desire to live) but he became really coaprative. Turns out it wasnt the guy across the street, but his nephew stealing the truck. I cant tell you to much about what happened next (I dont want to encriminate my self) But know I cant drive my Brougham cuz the front driverside fender is ****ed and the plastic inner fender is rubbing the tire. Hopefully the Uncle's insurance will cover it

CaddyshackCadillac
08-19-07, 11:03 PM
wow touchysubject hope all is well and the insurance dont dick you aorund man.........keep us updated

BRICKS
08-19-07, 11:10 PM
thats ****ed up. reminds me of the time some kid backed his saturn into my 78 d' elegance at the boxing gym and tried to run off. unfortunately for him the coach had his info and he had to have his daddy pay me for a new fender that he mashed the f*ck in. kid kept appologizing like it helped the fact he took off runnin like a little bitch.

dkozloski
08-19-07, 11:27 PM
I helped a guy back a truck out of the shop by directing him. When he was clear I motioned him to drive off but instead he kept backing up into a U. S. Marshals car across the street and caved in a fender. We were standing there trying to decide what his new mailing address was likely to be when the Marshal came out and saw his car and us. The Marshal thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen and was laughing so hard he could hardly get into the car and drive it away. He never did get it fixed.

Red_October_7000
08-20-07, 01:30 AM
The exact opposite thing happened to my dad -he's been in CAP (Civil Air Patrol) longer than I have and he was once riding in a G-car (government car) with a G-man who was being an observer. So naturally everybody was doing everything by the book, so when some guys go to back up a pickup truck, they dispatch two cadets to be spotters -without telling them what spotters DO, and they proceed to direct a '78 Dodge Power Wagon to back into this poor little Cavalier Wagon, completely destroying the front end (Which ended up in the back of the wagon for the rest of the day, as a unit -it just came right off.) Fortunately the G-man had a sense of humor about it.

305Caddy
08-22-07, 11:31 PM
The insurance adjuster came and saw the Brougham, said It would cost more than the car is worth (according to who) so he is wrigghting it up as total loss and I will get a check for $500. That is ****ed up in my book, I geuss Ill have to do some junk yard hunting but I will get it fixed

DopeStar 156
08-23-07, 02:53 AM
The insurance adjuster came and saw the Brougham, said It would cost more than the car is worth (according to who) so he is wrigghting it up as total loss and I will get a check for $500. That is ****ed up in my book, I geuss Ill have to do some junk yard hunting but I will get it fixed

Just don't let them take your car......

Jonas McFeely
08-23-07, 03:16 AM

December 5,2005 i was rear ended by an F150 at a stop light. He totaled his truck, i drove away.

His insurance company,Progressive, deemed my '85 a total loss, and this was when it was in almost mint condition, had maybe 50k on it. They said they would ahve to take my car. I said no effing way. They then in turn said that if i sign i paper that i will not sue their client, that they would cut me a check on the spot for $1800. More than double the blue book value.

Hassle them, and then hassle them some more. You may not get very far(i was lucky), but you may just get more than you thought.

Sorry to hear about this, as this hits home for me. I just rear ended an F250. And now my precious grille is ruined. And i need a whole new front end for it. Dammit.