: Y0075-06516 SYS Software Upgrade

VA Maddog
08-19-07, 09:33 PM
The print out for my car from the GM Veh Inquiry system shows that the car had a "Y0075-06516 System software Upgrade - reprogram engine control M"

This was done before I purchsed the veh. Does anyone know what this upgrade was intended to accomplish?

Lifer
08-20-07, 10:50 AM
The print out for my car from the GM Veh Inquiry system shows that the car had a "Y0075-06516 System software Upgrade - reprogram engine control M"

This was done before I purchsed the veh. Does anyone know what this upgrade was intended to accomplish?

How did you get the print out? I want one.

Redline CTS-V
08-20-07, 11:44 AM
From the bulletin...

This bulletin provides information about installing new Engine Control Module (ECM) software and calibration on certain 2005-06 Cadillac XLR, SRX and STS model vehicles, equipped with a 4.6L V8 (RPO LH2 - VIN A) engine. The revised calibration includes OBD system improvements that affect the canister purge solenoid (CPS) diagnostics.

VA Maddog
08-20-07, 02:39 PM
Ask your dealer to provide you with the print out. Service or sales can produce it from the VIN. It provides a history of warrantee related service history.

VA Maddog
08-20-07, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the excerpt, but the explanation is greek to me. Any laymans interrpretation? Was this a recall type of issue? Apparently GM did this upon the original lease turn-in before the car went to auction and my subsequent purchase.