: Just bought a '84 Coupe... picts inside

Ryan T
08-19-07, 08:46 PM
I've been wanting one of these '80-'84 coupes for around two years now..... I bought a really nice one on ebay a few years ago and the seller totaled it after the auction ended.....then I bought one that was a total load and was got rid of it within a week...thats when I signed up on this forum. I've looked at four or five since and finally bought one today.

This ones a '84 50k orignal miles, no paint or body work ever. Not rust free but a lot better then others around here. It needs a rear bumper, paint isnt horriable but slightley checked on the hood,trunk and roof. Tranny fluid is leaking out of one of the two lines that do into the radiator.. I'm going to have to replace them both. Thats really all I know untill we go threw the car more. Here are the pictures let me know what you think... hopefully it will look a lot better once cleaned up I havent touched it yet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/DSCF0080.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/DSCF0082.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/DSCF0079.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/DSCF0081.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-19-07, 09:12 PM
Wow, very nice, one of the best looking coupes ever. Congrats!

Cadillac_Fan
08-19-07, 09:16 PM
Looks like a gem. Great find!

1990CaddyBrougham
08-19-07, 09:34 PM
Wow thats a SWEEEET looking 90 Brougham in the last pic, lose those gay hubcaps, you need some wire wheels....

BRICKS
08-19-07, 09:43 PM
looks solid. hows the underbelly?

CaddyshackCadillac
08-19-07, 09:53 PM
i like that alot .........nice find how much?

Ryan T
08-19-07, 10:01 PM
The underside looks solid from what I've seen so far, I've yet to put it up on a lift.
I wish I took interior pictures... although its base model interior... nothing fancy it really is in good condition... wheel and dash have no cracks.. perfect headline, carpet, orignal matts.. smells like old car and slight smoke smell I cant wait to give it a good cleaning.

I'm itching to get it on the road... Its been sitting for over year. as of right now before it can be driven it needs the tranny line, and the blower motor isnt working, so that will have to be looked into as well. I'm odv going to change the oil and coolent... what kinda of coolent do these HT4100s call for? Ive heard of tablets you have to put it?... anti-corrisive coolent? What kinda of oil as well? ANything else I should do before driving it? It seems to run decent. Where can I buy some headlight visors?

CaddyshackCadillac
08-19-07, 10:05 PM
is that tan with brown velour i see? cuz your gonna laugh in a few weeks if it is...............

Ryan T
08-19-07, 10:08 PM
Yes, interior is brown velour.

CaddyshackCadillac
08-19-07, 10:10 PM
very nice how much the olegirl cost ya? and where the hell you from?

CaddyshackCadillac
08-19-07, 10:10 PM
nm just noticed the burlington mass....haa we gon have to meet up sometime .....

Ryan T
08-19-07, 10:12 PM
I got a pretty fair deal I think... I'm from Burlington, MA

CaddyshackCadillac
08-19-07, 10:15 PM
thats cool im just curious cuz i have one coming from new jersey in a couple weeks thats almost the same as that year and all and wanted to see if the price was comparable......

93DevilleUSMC
08-19-07, 11:19 PM
Great pictures! By the way, you should try using Whestley's Bleche-White on those whitewalls. When you do, that car will look PIMP!

Wheelman322
08-20-07, 12:43 PM
Great find. Good luck and keep posting pictures.

Ryan T
08-20-07, 11:21 PM
Well.. had a pretty big setback today. Got the tranny lines fixed... and drove the car around a bit.

It was idleing for a long time,, drove it about 5 miles and it seemed ok. Then it wouldnt shift out of 1st.. and the tranny started slipping. Gonna have to ask around/ have someone who knows better then I check it out but i'm just gonna assume its gonna need a rebuild or a new tranny....which puts me in a tough spot.. cause i dont wanna put much money into a tranny thats bolted do the ht4100 that ive heard so many good things about... almost makes more sense to look for a new motor and tranny together..... any suggestions?

Benzilla
08-21-07, 02:16 PM
While you're waiting, DETAIL IT! this post pics. ;)

CaddyshackCadillac
08-21-07, 06:43 PM
hey ryan hit me back on aim man i never saved your name in it ....

Tommy Deville
08-21-07, 07:04 PM
WOW brings back SWEET memories.

Ryan T
08-22-07, 12:32 AM
Drove it a few more miles today.. It shifted into second a few times,, it shifted kind hard.... then stoped shifting past first and slipping again. Anthony and I towed the car to my work, I'm gonna send it to a local tranny shop either tomorow or the next day and find out whats wrong and what the cost of a rebuild will be,, hopefully its a sensor or maybe a vacume leak... if it needs to be rebuilt that'll cost at least 1,000... prob more. If thats the case an olds 350 motor/tranny swap will have to come sooner rather then later. On the bright side the HT4100 seems to be running really good.

Ryan T
08-23-07, 11:10 PM
Finally got some good news on my coupe today.... the tranny shop says the prob isn't the tranny itssome sensor. They made an adjustment and say it now shifts the prolbem was caused by the engine not running properly,, maybe a bad plug or wire. I got all this info second hand and still don't have the car back, they are towing it back to my work tomorrow. Best of all they did all this towing, diagnosing and "adjusting" for free because we send them so much work.

I gonna do plugs, wires, cap,oil change,coolant change, and maybe even brakes over the weekend and we'll see if she keeps on shifting. hopefully i'll be able to finally clean it and get come more picts up.. still hasnt been to my house yet since I bought it.. im dieing to clean/mess around with it.

But for now things are looking up, and if shes shifting when droped off at work tomorow iíll be leaving my truck at work and driving the coupe home :bouncy:

cadillackid64
10-03-07, 03:34 AM
That car looks identical to my buddies car that he owned around 1991, he lived in Seekonk, Mass. We both had '84 coupes, mine was medium blue with the blue velour interior. We both had the stainless steel rain visors that go over the windows. It was great, he got his when the car was 7 years old I got mine at 8.