TaVern
08-19-07, 08:40 PM
Women :helpless:

gary88
08-19-07, 08:58 PM
Replica?

Rolex
08-19-07, 09:08 PM
"Uh disregard the ambulance dispatch....I'm gonna kill this woman. Better send a hearse."

At the point she was unable to put the car in reverse, I would have immediately put a stop to it. I hope that was a replica. :mad:

dkozloski
08-19-07, 09:15 PM
The Shelby Cobra was a lousy car anyway. It looked neat, made great noises, and steered like a dumptruck.

Rolex
08-19-07, 09:20 PM
The Shelby Cobra was a lousy car anyway. It looked neat, made great noises, and steered like a dumptruck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/shtf.gif 200+ mph in the 1960s around Daytona. It was always intended to be light, simple, and most important of all powerful. Anything that didn't make it go faster was and is pointless. Who needs power steering anyway? :hmm:

dkozloski
08-19-07, 09:27 PM
Talk to anybody that seriously raced them. They handled like a sad old sow. It's more a testament to the drivers than to any engineering excellence.

LS1Mike
08-19-07, 09:52 PM

Concur, one of the most overrated cars ever period.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-19-07, 09:59 PM
Maybe she can meet up with that guy who rear ended that RX-7 in the other video and have dinner and share stories.

Rolex
08-19-07, 10:01 PM
I've always had a hard on for the Shelby Cobra....but obviously have never driven one, so what do I know about it. Hell for what an original sells for nowdays if I owned one I'd sell it, buy a brand new Z06, and pocket the remaining $950,000. :rolleyes:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-19-07, 10:09 PM
Or take that 9.5 hundred thousand and make it a nice down payment on a Veyron.

Or you could buy 30,000 1991 Lincoln Town Cars.

Red_October_7000
08-20-07, 02:18 AM

:histeric::histeric::histeric:

That, as I understand it, sums it up. The car was built around a motor, with all the quirks that come with that. The modern Dodge Viper is very similar in this respect.
Plus I think it's ugly.

xshrpshtr
08-20-07, 04:02 AM
Idiots and gas pedals...

LS1Mike
08-20-07, 09:25 AM
Idiots and gas pedals...

Now for some reason at 6:06 AM PST, that was funny enough for me to spit coffee all over my computer.

ShadowLvr400
08-20-07, 12:42 PM
While it stinks that this woman screwed up like that, I won't go with the all women can't drive. My Fiance and her mother are both Drivers. Her mom seems to be naturally good, though she's mellowed after some surgeries. (Her favorite car is an old 3000GT she owned. The motor gave and she's been too rough to drive a stick for a while. But one day.) My girl had some natural skill, and I've also worked to teach her more. She's pretty good, but she restricts herself because "her" car is half owned by her parents, and it's a 2000 Maxima. Though she badly wants a 96 Impala SS. Or a 3000GT, or a gen 1 Firebird or Camaro.... Yea, she's into hot rods too. In fact, she and I put on the RAISS intake on the Fleetwood. So, not all women are idiots. This one just couldn't drive.

Silver Dollar
08-20-07, 12:44 PM
Concur, one of the most overrated cars ever period.

I beg to differ.

The 427 Cobra held the 0-100-0 record for close to 30 years until the McLaren F1 came along.

Having said that, the 289 Cobra and the Daytona were better track cars winning numerous manufacturers trophies during the 60's.

The 427 Cobra was supplanted by Ford's focus on the GT40 program which resulted in most of the 300 427's built being converted for street use.

It's a scary beast. +500 hp/trq in a 2300 lb car with a 90 in wheelbase (think Miata). The rear end will fight with the front end for the right to see who goes first. 130 mph feels like 180. A clean change of underwear is not required, but highly recommended.

Bottom line: It's hard to find an in-car experience that rivals what you get from what is basically a go cart with a big block V8 in it. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

LS1Mike
08-20-07, 02:42 PM
I didn't say it was a bad car, have ridden in a replica car. I just said it was overated.
I can put a V8 in Yugo, go fast and turn like a tractor trailer. Dosen't mean it was the best car ever made.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-20-07, 03:14 PM
I never thought they were that great and I knew what they could do. I'd much rather have a GT-500 if I was going the Shelby route. Or an Omni GLH-S!

Silver Dollar
08-20-07, 03:23 PM
I didn't say it was a bad car, have ridden in a replica car. I just said it was overated.
I can put a V8 in Yugo, go fast and turn like a tractor trailer. Dosen't mean it was the best car ever made.

To each his own.

Look, there's a reason the 427 is the most copied car in the history of cars.

And this one seems to get around the track pretty good for a "tractor trailer".

95E9B6zPzuY

The defense rests.

HITMONEY
08-20-07, 07:19 PM
The Cobra definitely, without a doubt, earned its right in the annuals of car history as one of the, if not thee baddest cars of its time.

It is what it is, gobs of horsepower and torque in a light weight chasis. That is still the formula of today... its just that we have technology now to save us from ourselves and to have a chance of living after the fact if the machine isn't respected.

I owned a 1995 Black Viper... That was the most unforgiving car I have ever driven, it made my Porsche 993 handle like it was on rails which if you know RWD Porsche's is anything but the case. But the Viper was the most fun, most exhilarating car I have ever driven and I have driven my share (but not mine) of Murcielago's and Ferrari's. If you don't give a Viper which posses no sort of traction control whatsoever its due respect, you will find yourself replicating the above crash video faster than you could cover your eyes if I showed you my "Bat Wing" ala the movie "Waiting".

Florian
08-20-07, 08:01 PM
replica....

F

Silver Dollar
08-20-07, 08:54 PM
yes, it was

Jonas McFeely
08-23-07, 06:45 PM
I feel bad for the poor MX-6 it rear ended.