: Time-Sert

chi2boot420
08-19-07, 05:35 PM
I have been told time-sert is the way to repair the heads on my SLS. About how much would this all cost me to get this done and do i need to buy my own kit if i am going to a local shop? Where are the cheapest kits and is time-sert the best?

AJxtcman
08-19-07, 05:57 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/113129-time-serts-asbsolutely-necessary.html

99_WHITE_STS
08-20-07, 08:41 AM
My local Cadillac dealer just gave me a quote of $3500.00 for the complete job. They won't touch, my car unless they TimeSert all 20 holes. I'm not sure if that is their policy or GM's, but I happen to agree . I was fortunate to have a "local" mechanic with DOHC experience accept the job, and he going to work with me on the inserting. I will be purchasing a "Norms" insert kit on Ebay for $350.00, and will be doing the insert work myself.

z06bigbird
08-20-07, 10:51 PM
You and he could keep busy for the rest of your lives with all of the cooked northstars out there.

99_WHITE_STS
08-21-07, 02:27 AM
You and he could keep busy for the rest of your lives with all of the cooked northstars out there.

Well....we will see how this one goes. I built a new engine for my truck 6 yrs ago, and said that was my last. I look at the STS and my truck, and the truck looks like a piece of cake !! :crybaby: