: Bouncing Idle, new sparkplugs and oil after seafoam or TEC?

fleishman
08-19-07, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone,

97 sls 117k
I am having a slightly wonky idle while coasting. Idle dips 500 rps and bounces back up, will stall sometimes.

after researching for a while I have found many folks on this site who have encountered this however no one who has solved it. I have narrowed it down to FPR or an injector clogged by carbon build up, of which i have a lot, and riching up a cylinder. I have some p0138 p0139 and p0141 codes as well even though i replaced the o2 sensor.

my FPR is not leaking, but i still have the original plastic fuel rails, calling the dealership on that one tomorrow, hopefully new lines come with a new fpr.

in addition to that i am going to be cleaning out the top of the engine with some TEC or seafoam to try and reduce my carbon and try to clean out a possible drippy injector.

I just changed my oil and put new plugs in, do I really have to change the oil and plugs after using TEC?

How often can/should you use a product like TEC?

Thank you all, I will keep you posted on my progress.

Frank

fleishman
08-21-07, 09:15 PM
Do I really have to change the oil and plugs after using TEC?

Ranger
08-21-07, 09:22 PM
Yes. The TEC will leak past the rings and into the oil. Just do some WOT to clean it out.

fleishman
08-22-07, 01:56 PM
Any opinion on my diagnosis?

Just because my FPR is not leaking into the vacuum hose, does that mean it is working properly?

If I don't want to spend $60 on new plugs after my TEC experience, can I pull them out, clean them off, let them dry, and reinstall?

Thanks!

Ranger
08-22-07, 09:28 PM
Just because my FPR is not leaking into the vacuum hose, does that mean it is working properly?
Yes.

If I don't want to spend $60 on new plugs after my TEC experience, can I pull them out, clean them off, let them dry, and reinstall?
Yes.

Have you cleaned the TB and the IAC valve and air passages related to it?

fleishman
08-23-07, 02:40 PM
I cleaned the TB through the butterfly. I would really like to take it, and the intake plenum off to clean them thoroughly. Instead of taking all that effort to disassemble the top of the engine, I thought I would try out TEC/UEC/Seafoam first.

The car is going in on Monday to have the fuel rail replaced on account of the recall, then I will take off and clean the TB and IAC and air passages, then I will TEC..