: 2007 SRX - damaged 18" aluminum wheel

j123456k
08-18-07, 07:05 PM
To all,

I am looking for some advice. I unfortunately did not do such a good job pulling into a parking place and scratched up the surface of the one of my wheels. It is not the end of the world, but I love my SRX and keep it in immaculate condition, so having a damaged wheel is bothering me.

These are the standard 18" machined finished aluminum wheels that come on the 2007 V8 SRX. I don't really want to get raped by Cadillac and buy a new wheel, but really don't want to just leave it like it is either. Does anyone have any suggestion on

1. Buffing out the scratches?
2. Buying a wheel on the internet at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Jeff

RedGalant2k1
08-18-07, 07:50 PM
Ebay is by far the best place to find decent used wheels. Other than that some of your local salvage yards may have decent shape product from time to time.

Superjim
08-18-07, 09:07 PM
To all,

I am looking for some advice. I unfortunately did not do such a good job pulling into a parking place and scratched up the surface of the one of my wheels. It is not the end of the world, but I love my SRX and keep it in immaculate condition, so having a damaged wheel is bothering me.

These are the standard 18" machined finished aluminum wheels that come on the 2007 V8 SRX. I don't really want to get raped by Cadillac and buy a new wheel, but really don't want to just leave it like it is either. Does anyone have any suggestion on

1. Buffing out the scratches?
2. Buying a wheel on the internet at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Jeff

I have seen several people recommend this guy...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZcardioQ2ddoc

Jim

Mike_S_30189
08-18-07, 09:10 PM
If you have Dent Wizard retail store in your area, they have a process for wheel repair. It may be worth a try!

j123456k
08-20-07, 01:45 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies!! I really appreciate the ideas. I have looked @ Ebay and the particular site that has replacement wheels and nothing yet on that front. Will see abou the repair options with Dent Wizard.

Thank again for your help!!

Jeff

Tom Wheeler
08-20-07, 07:44 AM
Here are a few sites on E-Bay that have 07 OEM 18" wheels:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-SRX-18-FACTORY-ORIGINAL-WHEEL-RIM-4607_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQihZ002QQite mZ120151999868QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FACTORY-ORIGINAL-18-CADILLAC-SRX-WHEEL-RIM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQihZ002QQitem Z120151643858QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Good luck,

Tom

57TBird
08-21-07, 03:21 PM
Jeff,

If you're in the Atlanta area, you can have your pick of my 18" takeoffs for free. They had less than 20k miles on them, with no scratches, when I upgraded to 20's. I also have the unblemished center caps and lug nuts, but not the air pressure sensors/stems, which I re-used.

If Jeff doesn't want one, is anyone else in the Atlanta area who wants to upgrade from 17s to 18s for free?
Just pick them up, as it is too much trouble to put them on ebay and then have to ship them.

Thanks,

Mike

05SRXV8
08-21-07, 10:32 PM
Jeff- there is company in Allentown, Pa. that repairs wheels. They advertise in Car and Driver magazine and are reputable. I don't known their name; its wheelcollision something or another.

j123456k
08-22-07, 11:13 AM
Thanks all for your great help. Ebay has proven helpful and I will check into this repair facility. Thanks again everyone!!

Jeff

Smokin' SRX
08-22-07, 01:54 PM
Thanks all for your great help. Ebay has proven helpful and I will check into this repair facility. Thanks again everyone!!

Jeff
Hey Jeff, w/ great forum guys like 57 TBIRD, ask him to drop it off at a UPS or mailbox packaging center! Pay him upfront for the packing/shipping and some gas $ :)
If he'll do it, your like new wheel arrives pro-packed ready to mount!

Great guys on this forum! I'll miss you as we leased a Buick Enclave! Needed 7-8 adult pass seats! Sweet ride!

j123456k
08-22-07, 02:58 PM
Great idea Smokin SRX!! I just PM'd 57TBIRD asking him if we could work out a deal. Thanks for the great idea!!

Jeff

z06bigbird
08-22-07, 03:31 PM
Jeff,

If you're in the Atlanta area, you can have your pick of my 18" takeoffs for free. They had less than 20k miles on them, with no scratches, when I upgraded to 20's. I also have the unblemished center caps and lug nuts, but not the air pressure sensors/stems, which I re-used.

If Jeff doesn't want one, is anyone else in the Atlanta area who wants to upgrade from 17s to 18s for free?
Just pick them up, as it is too much trouble to put them on ebay and then have to ship them.

Thanks,

Mike

So there really are some nice people in the world!! You get two gold stars.
Make that 4 gold stars, one for each wheel.

j123456k
08-25-07, 04:05 PM
To all,

57TBIRD and I hooked up both via PM and on the phone and unfortunately, he had 2005 model wheels and after some investigation, do not match my wheels. I want to thank 57TBIRD for his most generous offer of shipping his wheel to me, but it just won't work.

Smokin SRX is right, there are some great people on this forum.

I will just buy one from Ebay, try to repair it or just live with it. You guys have given me plenty of options.

HEY SMOKIN SRX: How do you like the Enclave? How does it measure up to the SRX? A friend of mine bought the Saturn Outlook (the Enclaves cousin) and he absolutely loves it........even claims that it rides as nice as my SRX ( find that hard to believe).

My wife has the SRX and I have a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII. I really like what I see on the internet with the Enclave and am really happy that the General seems to doing the right things in resurrecting its product lines. Maybe I would consider the Enclave whenever I get sick of the Lincoln.

Please give me your thoughts.

Jeff