: Looking to Install new exhaust.....

AllBlackBrougham
08-17-07, 08:23 PM
Hi yall, looking to put on a new exhaust on my 90 fleetwood brougham and unsure of what route to go. I have the 307 Olds motor and just want something that makes it sound throaty but not too loud, just a rumble, and possibly true duals. I have flowmaster 40 series on 2 of my other cars which are v6s and i like the sound, but i dont want to change the attitude of the caddy, just want to give it some rumble. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mud
08-17-07, 10:28 PM
Beautiful car.
I would recommend Dynomax for this application.

CaddyshackCadillac
08-17-07, 10:49 PM
how does dynomax sound compared to flowmaster i have a flowmaster 44 series on my 4.3 blazer and it sounds pretty decent......

90Brougham350
08-18-07, 08:05 AM
Dynomax have an "old school" sound to them, whereas Flowmasters tend to sound better on cars like F-bodies or Mustangs. Beautiful Brougham, by the way!

AllBlackBrougham
08-18-07, 02:44 PM
Thank you very much for the comments. I like flowmasters dont get me wrong, I have them on my 2 3.1 4door Luminas and love the sound, but i dont want that sound on a classic Cadillac. I might check into dynomax, any way if they have a sound preview or anything anywhere

CaddyshackCadillac
08-18-07, 03:27 PM
ive seen some exhaust videos on utube kids have em installed drop the camera on the ground andrev the engine......might help

Mud
08-18-07, 03:49 PM
I use flowmasters on my 57 chevy, they are in a 3" exhaust system behind a street-build 454. I love them in that application but find them a bit tinny for stock exhaust systems. IMO Dynomax Super Turbos seem to give the best overall tone when installed in a stock exhaust system behind the factory engine. Nice mellow rumble but no drone at speed.

If you go with duals, I would also suggest a crossover pipe as well, it will help to even out the exhaust pulses. For a stock caddie with the 307 you don't really need to worry about using an H or X pipe for a crossover, it won't make a difference.