: Buying '05 STS, What is a..........

Dirny
08-17-07, 08:53 AM
Picking up my '05 STS on Monday, looking at the option code list, I was wonder if anyone knew what the following was:

NV7 Premium ZF Steering

F55 CVRTD Magneto Rheological

JJA PT Dress Subassembly installed

E2C Rapid Delivery System

Thanks! I'm glad I found such a helpful forum.

BirdJC
08-17-07, 09:07 AM
With the steering and "magneto whatever!" options I'm guessing its the performance luxury package. the magneto is the magnetic shock absorbers I believe which comes with the performance package... thats my educated guess anyways....

Superjim
08-17-07, 09:11 AM
Picking up my '05 STS on Monday, looking at the option code list, I was wonder if anyone knew what the following was:

NV7 Premium ZF Steering

F55 CVRTD Magneto Rheological

JJA PT Dress Subassembly installed

E2C Rapid Delivery System

Thanks! I'm glad I found such a helpful forum.

ZF Lenksysteme's Servotronic 2 power-steering system, which offers more responsive steering at low speeds and more stable steering at higher speeds than the conventional system

CVRTD Magneto Rheological ... an innovation that is already being used in the Cadillac STS and the Corvette. The Troy, Mich.-based company has developed shock absorbers and struts using Magneto-Rheological (MR) fluid, a synthetic hydraulic oil containing suspended iron particles. When surrounded by a magnetic field, these particles realign, changing the viscosity of the fluid.

I think the dress sub-assembly has something to do with the heated seats.

Don't know about the Rapid Delivery System.

Jim

z06bigbird
08-18-07, 05:47 PM
Parts mgr at Caddy dealership can clarify these.

Dirny
08-19-07, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the help!