: Need help finding power window switch -- 1986 Fleetwood Brougham

rstinnett
08-16-07, 09:10 PM
One of the FEW (heck, almost only) thing wrong with my 86 Fleetwood Brougham is on the driver's armrest, the power window switches -- the one for the driver's window is broken. I've seen a lot of aftermarket switches, but they are not the right design.

Any idea, short of hunting junkyards, where to find a replacement that looks like the silver toggles?

Cadillac_Fan
08-16-07, 10:04 PM
Start with eBay. You'll likely have some success there. Here is a link to a current auction for a block of switches from an '87 that would likely work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-cadillac-brougham-door-switches-drivers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38639QQihZ017QQ itemZ270154041494QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

96Fleetwood
08-16-07, 10:48 PM
You have to love eBay. I got my driver's side power window/seat switches from there for the wagon.

Mud
08-17-07, 04:54 PM
When you say broken, do you mean the housing for the switch or the switch does not work?

I used JB Weld to repair a portion of a broken switch housing on my 86 FWB - worked great. The switches themselves can be taken apart. There are a couple of copper strips with contacts that are moved when the toggle is pushed forward or backward. These strips can get pushed down a bit and sometimes the toggle can't push the strip down far enough for the contacts to touch. You can pull them up a bit, add a little grease, and they will work fine.