: Signal Light Bulb Change

Stuck
08-16-07, 06:52 PM
Just a few words on this matter. On previous post I indicated the dealer cost for the replacement of my right signal light bulb at appx. $300.00 CDN. This based on removal of the front end includung the grille etc. with a time of some 2.5 hrs. ( at $ 112.00 per/hr ) plus their usual add ons. Well, the left signal light bulb just burned out but in this case I went to an Independent Body Shop who did the replacement start to finish in 15 minutes. I supplied the bulb - they did not even charge me for the labour. While they did not know of or follow the operators manual instructions th common sense of a bodyman directed them. What they did do was loosen the inner fender liner and lower front facia to the point they could reach in to the bulb assembly, release it and pull it out to get at the bulb then reverse the procedure. So while I was ripped off the first time maybe this new inormation will help someone in the future.

louisn
08-16-07, 07:36 PM
Thanks!! Good Info! Hope I never need it.:eek:

z06bigbird
08-16-07, 10:06 PM
Just a few words on this matter. On previous post I indicated the dealer cost for the replacement of my right signal light bulb at appx. $300.00 CDN. This based on removal of the front end includung the grille etc. with a time of some 2.5 hrs. ( at $ 112.00 per/hr ) plus their usual add ons. Well, the left signal light bulb just burned out but in this case I went to an Independent Body Shop who did the replacement start to finish in 15 minutes. I supplied the bulb - they did not even charge me for the labour. While they did not know of or follow the operators manual instructions th common sense of a bodyman directed them. What they did do was loosen the inner fender liner and lower front facia to the point they could reach in to the bulb assembly, release it and pull it out to get at the bulb then reverse the procedure. So while I was ripped off the first time maybe this new inormation will help someone in the future.

You need to bake that guy a cake or something. I have had body shops replace tough bulbs for me too without a charge. This seems to work only with the smaller body shops. The chain body shops typically won't let you get past the receptionist. One of those chain shops would not even give me a little plastic screw. They told me everything was upc coded. When I asked for a used one, they also refused. Interesting customer service and marketing.

EddieSRX
08-23-07, 07:40 PM
1st off the dealer (stealer) who wants to charge you is dead wrong. This has been a problem since day 1 of the SRX and the bulbs don't even last one year. I have had mine replaced 3 or 4 times by the dealer without paying a dime. This is Dealer and GM problem until they can make a buld that last more than a year. My dealer said GM has been through several design of this bulb. My bet is they are coming from China and we all know what that means.

natrotciv
08-23-07, 08:13 PM
hmm my bulbs never went out