: CadillacOwners.com Vinyl Decal - HOW?

lbwd
08-16-07, 04:50 PM
Got the vinyl decal today. How the hell do I put it on? LOL!
It appears to be the inside sticker... the think paper faces the window though...
How the hell...? WTF? This things crazy and I can't get it to stick.

Anyone have the news I need?

Dadillac
08-16-07, 04:57 PM
Carefully cut the backing paper in half. Do not cut your decal. Tape the entire decal in place with scotch tape. Once you have it right where you want it. Untape half of the decal. Pull off the backing paper, as you apply the decal to the window. Then do the other half.

Don

gothicaleigh
08-16-07, 05:05 PM
Yep, pretty much as Dadillac described above.

It's sandwiched between a waxpaper backing and a transfer paper on it's face. The side with the waxpaper is the side with the adhesive (that will decide if it's an inside (reverse-cut) or outside decal). The transfer paper is to hold everything in place until it's applied.

After applying the decal, carefully peel or "roll" the transfer paper away parallel to your window/surface. Do not pull it away from the surface as you may pull up your decal.

lbwd
08-16-07, 05:39 PM
Suprising to get a response on that!
Thanks guys! :)

lbwd
08-16-07, 05:44 PM
Through the paper I can see "CadillacOwners.com". Is that the inside or outside sticker?

Jonas McFeely
08-16-07, 06:08 PM
Whoa WTF i didnt know there was a sticker?! I just ordered 2. One for the '85 and one for the '68.

How long will they take to get here?

lbwd
08-16-07, 06:11 PM
Like a week if Sal is quick. LOL.

lbwd
08-16-07, 06:16 PM
These things are not right.

The sticky part is on the thick waxy part. The regular side has the thin paper over it that I can see through.
So how the hell do I get it on there? Is it the inside or outside version? It's about to rain and I am going to STL tomorrow...

Jonas McFeely
08-16-07, 06:20 PM
Hey Sal, get a move on it! :xsmile:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-16-07, 06:24 PM
I <3 mine. Might even buy one for the Benz (provided I get it)!

lbwd
08-16-07, 06:29 PM
UPDATE:
I know I'm brilliant! All you do is pull the damn thick paper so the freakin sticky side has the damn sticker. Then you slap that MOFO on the damn window. Damn. :D By the way... looks REALLY NICE on tinted windows (exterior version). That sticker looks high quality.

gothicaleigh
08-17-07, 10:46 AM
UPDATE:
I know I'm brilliant! All you do is pull the damn thick paper so the freakin sticky side has the damn sticker. Then you slap that MOFO on the damn window. Damn. :D By the way... looks REALLY NICE on tinted windows (exterior version). That sticker looks high quality.

:gothimanic:

Yeah, sometimes it's best not to over-think things. Just peel and stick.

The reason some are available in reverse cut is that they are cut from a faux glass-etch material. If you have clear windows, applying them to the inside will make them look like the script is etched into the glass (glass etching is typically done frrom the inside).

If you apply the decal to a painted portion of the car, it takes on a bit of the car's color (the decals are slightly translucent). It's the same material that we use for ghost flames.

lbwd
08-17-07, 11:27 AM
Sweet!

gothicaleigh
08-17-07, 12:27 PM
Now we need pics! :D