: IE7 / Firefox

Lord Cadillac
08-16-07, 02:16 AM
Just an FYI, but I was just browsing around with IE7 (again) and as the site maintenance began*, everything slowed to a crawl - and then stopped. I could no longer get pages to load. So, I started-up Firefox and here I am, browsing like normal again...

I really don't know what it is, but you should know - that if you're using Internet Explorer - and you're having trouble browsing this site, switch over to Firefox and you'll be fine...

* Site maintenance begins every night at about 2am Eastern Time. The site will be slow during this time...

TaVern
08-16-07, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure how well Apple's Safari will work on pc (beta release right now), and how well it would help you with the site maintenance, but I love it on my Mac. I've never had any issues on any webpage, and I've been a Safari user for three years now. Microsoft's IE is junk... Unfortunately, I have to use it at work.

It's funny how the *new* IE7 has the Google search bar in the upper left corner... Just as Safari has had it since 3 years ago.

derrty_deville
08-16-07, 02:37 AM
I had the same issues with Firefox a little while ago. I dont use IE so I have nothing to compare it to.

Cadillacboy
08-16-07, 04:10 AM
Poor IE7 :p
yet still browsing the site thru IE7 lol

Spyder
08-16-07, 04:40 AM
I just recently switched to Mozilla. I never used it before because it seemed complicated and I was born and raised on IE. Now i love it. IE is still the only thing on the livingroom computer, but my main one very rarely has problems on firefox...and when it DOES go down, the reload last session thing is awesome!

Firefox > IE7!!!

bob k
08-16-07, 07:20 PM
Firefox is cool beans.

99esteees
08-16-07, 07:46 PM
Yep I always encourage everyone to use Firefox. People seem to think the only way to use the internet is IE.

derrty_deville
08-16-07, 11:52 PM
I just recently switched to Mozilla. I never used it before because it seemed complicated and I was born and raised on IE. Now i love it. IE is still the only thing on the livingroom computer, but my main one very rarely has problems on firefox...and when it DOES go down, the reload last session thing is awesome!

Firefox > IE7!!!

Ditto. every word of that

ewill3rd
08-17-07, 08:31 AM
I still use IE7, zero problems.
I know what is out there, I am just too lazy to go looking when what I have works just fine.
What might be right for me... might not be right for some.... use what you want.

pyro
08-17-07, 10:59 AM
firefox FTMFW
i actually uninstall IE from the computers i build here at work :x

RightTurn
08-17-07, 11:36 AM
I still use IE7, zero problems.
I know what is out there, I am just too lazy to go looking when what I have works just fine.
What might be right for me... might not be right for some.... use what you want.

Ditto.

thebigjimsho
08-18-07, 02:49 PM
Mozilla is shwizzle fo shizzle!