: Bill of sale

99esteees
08-15-07, 03:44 PM
I'm selling my Escalade tonight and I really need a bill of sale. I'm having trouble finding a decent one. I need one where I can have both of sign, and include all of the details such as mileage, AS-IS, our names/addresses, etc.

Some help would be excellent! Thanks

Playdrv4me
08-15-07, 04:23 PM
This is how I usually do mine... Feel free to modify it as you wish. You need to print up two copies, one for the buyer and one for the seller. You need to both sign both copies, and you need to have them notarized if you want it "official". I usually dont go quite that far though. Obviously, use at your own risk.

Agreement to purchase a Motor Vehicle/Bill of Sale

For the consideration of $X,XXX.XX, [YOUR NAME] (the “Seller”), of [YOUR ADDRESS], does hereby sell, assign and transfer to [BUYERS NAME] (the “Buyer”), of [BUYERS ADDRESS]
the following described Motor Vehicle.

Make: BMW
Model: 328i
Year: 1999
Color: Silver
VIN: WBAAM5332XXXXXXXX

Federal Law requires that the mileage of a motor vehicle be stated upon transfer of ownership. Failure to disclose the mileage or providing a false statement may result in fines and/or imprisonment.

The seller states that the odometer reading of this vehicle is XX,XXX miles. The Seller certifies that to the best of the Seller’s knowledge, this reading reflects the actual mileage of the vehicle. Further, the vehicle’s odometer was not altered, set back, or disconnected while in the sellers possession, and the seller has no knowledge of anyone else doing so.

The Buyer acknowledges the above odometer statements:

Billy B. Buyer

By:________________ X
Billy B. Buyer

The Seller warrants that the vehicle is being transferred free of any liens or encumbrances.

Vehicle is being transferred on an “AS-IS” basis, with no warranties or liabilities of fact, express or implied, as to the condition of the vehicle or for fitness for a particular purpose.

The Buyer acknowledges the above warranty statement:
Billy B. Buyer

By:________________ X
Billy B. Buyer

The undersigned Seller of the vehicle acknowledges that the statements made in this Bill of Sale are true and correct to the best of the Seller’s knowledge. The transfer of this vehicle is effective as of [TODAY'S DATE].

Sam S. Seller

By:_________________ X Sam S. Seller. BUYER COPY

99esteees
08-15-07, 04:36 PM
Awesome man, thanks!

Rolex
08-15-07, 05:31 PM
Google is your friend. You'll find literally thousands of legal forms like bill of sale and odometer statements online at no cost.

Playdrv4me
08-15-07, 05:53 PM
No problem!

I think mine started out as a Quickbooks form but Ive done some extensive modification to it. Some of the online ones are incomplete.

99esteees
08-15-07, 07:48 PM
Google is your friend. You'll find literally thousands of legal forms like bill of sale and odometer statements online at no cost.

I found several, but most of them looked a mess. Others wanted me to pay for a simple form.

Rolex
08-15-07, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't pay for them for damn sure. I remember being amazed at just how many well prepared legal documents I could find online though. I've personally sold a vehicle twice and used forms I found online. I also found a killer lease agreement when I was renting my old house in Little Rock.

Points to Playdrv4me for posting a good one. :highfive: IIRC I found a bill of sale in PDF format (somewhere) and added a certified odometer statement to it when I sold my last vehicle person-to-person. The transaction took place at my bank and I had the form notarized to make it "formal." Didn't cost me one cent which was cool.

ETA an example: http://www.aot.state.vt.us/DMV/documents/TA/VT/Tavt005.pdf

Rolex
08-15-07, 08:57 PM
Better still...Indiana's form:

http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/44237.pdf (bill of sale)

http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/43230.pdf (odometer statement)

z06bigbird
08-15-07, 08:59 PM
Time stamp your bill of sale (both copies), just in case buyer runs a red light and light snaps a pic of your car. You are assumed to be driving. Keep copy of time stamped bill of sale.

99esteees
08-15-07, 09:11 PM
Time stamp your bill of sale (both copies), just in case buyer runs a red light and light snaps a pic of your car. You are assumed to be driving. Keep copy of time stamped bill of sale.

Excellent idea and I will do it. Luckily, we don't have those lights around here.