: What peformance chip is better for 02 dts?

mrgoodbar67
08-14-07, 02:17 PM
i want to improve performance on my 2002 deville dts and im considering a performance chip. i dont expect it to improve a tremendous amount but atleast a good kick up.
Questions- do they really work? what chip is better? how much should a good one run for? who makes it? where do they go installed? whats the typical peformance improvement of a chip and whats expected?

thanks

msta293412
08-14-07, 05:41 PM
My good man......chips dont exist for your vehicle...Im sorry...HOWEVER....AJ does exist on this forum....dig a little deeper in the Northstar PCM tuning section. you will see that for a fair price to a newcomer like yourself, he will tune your PCM for added performance....

AJxtcman
08-14-07, 06:30 PM
I will look for a chart to ID the flash chip.
You can remove the chip and install a socket and the install a removable chip.
Hmmm too much work.

This is one pcm from a 99.

mrgoodbar67
08-14-07, 06:57 PM
well, what a bummer man.......:mad:. they seem to make nothing to add on for my 02 dts.

:rant2:I Cant buy an ipod interface because they do not make one....cant get a chip because they do not make one....cant interace anything to my car because.....yada yada yada:rant2:. its sucks not being able to mod my car much.:bigroll:

well anyway thanks for any help and ideas fellas and let me know how you can help.:bouncy:

Submariner409
08-14-07, 06:58 PM
:rolleyes: What AJ's telling you is that there is no such thing as a performance chip, tuner, or commercially available aftermarket PCM for our series of N* vehicles. If anyone on earth can give your car a small performance kick, AJ can, with time and patience. There are literally NO aftermarket performance mods, save a CORSA exhaust and some in-house air intake tinkering, for our cars. Read ALL the threads concerning air intakes, exhausts, cats, mufflers, etc. Someone in here...Hitmoney...can smell a good DTS mod a mile away. Read up and be happy with what you have.......

mrgoodbar67
08-14-07, 07:04 PM
i am Happy VERY VERY HAPPY, however, sometimes you just wanna do little things, like ipod intergration, (you know, to modernize car) but are unable too. i was just curious about the chip thing......thanks

AJxtcman
08-14-07, 07:56 PM
i am Happy VERY VERY HAPPY, however, sometimes you just wanna do little things, like ipod intergration, (you know, to modernize car) but are unable too. i was just curious about the chip thing......thanks

Please do not support IPOD. They had a law suit with Creative. I am a Creative supporter. Viruses come from apple supporters trying to kill the man LOL

codewize
08-14-07, 09:03 PM
Welcome to Cadillac. Your choices are
Cold Air Intake from Volant.
Exhaust from Corsa
Tuned PCM form AJ

That's about it. BTW there have been people that do the iPod thing. Look in the audio / video section for that. I think they do it through splicing into the CD changed interface.

well, what a bummer man.......:mad:. they seem to make nothing to add on for my 02 dts.

codewize
08-14-07, 09:04 PM
That would be great but I haven't seen Hitmoney in ages.

Read ALL the threads concerning air intakes, exhausts, cats, mufflers, etc. Someone in here...Hitmoney...can smell a good DTS mod a mile away. Read up and be happy with what you have.......

fubar569
08-14-07, 10:41 PM
full length exhaust is a must on these cars...followed by volant or custom air intake, 80mm throttle body by RVM or other supplier...you can hand port your intake if you wish, port out your exhaust manifolds while your pipes are off, put in a torque converter, LSD, etc...the mods are there...just most have to be custom done or come at a premium price...there are several cadillacs on the boards that run low 14's high 13's and some even faster...mark99sts is somewhere in the 12's or better with his turbo system...

any idiot with money can make a camaro or mustang fast...it takes a special kind of idiot to make a cadillac fast :thumbsup:

AJxtcman
08-15-07, 06:16 AM
full length exhaust is a must on these cars...followed by volant or custom air intake, 80mm throttle body by RVM or other supplier...you can hand port your intake if you wish, port out your exhaust manifolds while your pipes are off, put in a torque converter, LSD, etc...the mods are there...just most have to be custom done or come at a premium price...there are several cadillacs on the boards that run low 14's high 13's and some even faster...mark99sts is somewhere in the 12's or better with his turbo system...

any idiot with money can make a camaro or mustang fast...it takes a special kind of idiot to make a cadillac fast :thumbsup:

What info do you have on the TQ and LSD?
I could use both

codewize
08-15-07, 07:40 AM
Who the heck is RVM.

AJ; the torque converter is easy. If you have the money the waste get a Yank. They're supposedly the best. If you're like me and on a budget I can put you in touch with the guy I was working with. His name is Andre from Edge Racing. I had a very lengthy discussion with him and we decided together that 3000 RPM Stall with an STR of 2.40:1 would work best in my car that we wanted to keep drivable. That was $450

If you talk to them let them know I sent you. This guy was real nice, not pushy and I ended up not buying because my transmission guy put everything back together before I could get this ordered. Then he refused to take it back apart to install it for me. I wonder what someone would charge just to change the TC.

wydopnthrtl
08-15-07, 08:59 AM
...it takes a special kind of idiot to make a cadillac fast :thumbsup:

Hey! That comment resembles me. :want:

My 2001 Eldo (http://www.racetested.com/images/gallery/01_Cadillac/2001_Cadillac.html) (vid at bottom of page)

Rich

mrgoodbar67
08-15-07, 12:04 PM
thanks fellas:highfive:, i will look into everything you guys advised. im not looking to blow the bank, drag my car, or race it so lets see what i can do:stirpot: to give my car some real nice kick.

codewize- thanks for the info on ipod but ive checked EVERYWHERE (including here) and EVERYONE says its a NO GO:tisk:.....so ive settled for an aftermarket Pioneer Avic D3. Its a Sweet HU for a reasonable price.....:thumbsup:

Raze
08-15-07, 04:15 PM
LSD ~ Engineered Performance (that's where Mark got his as I recall at $900ish)

TC ~ Yank (also where Mark got his at $3-500ish)

codewize
08-15-07, 08:29 PM
When I called Yank they told me $940 + core + shipping
LSD ~ Engineered Performance (that's where Mark got his as I recall at $900ish)

TC ~ Yank (also where Mark got his at $3-500ish)

Raze
08-15-07, 08:56 PM
When I called Yank they told me $940 + core + shipping

WOAH the price has gone up, though it's been 3 years since I called them last...

mrgoodbar67
08-15-07, 11:05 PM
how much would a good exhaust system from CORSA run installed?

torque converter?

Intake?

Tuned PCM?

individually............

and im only gonna do one, which one is best?

codewize
08-15-07, 11:09 PM
The Corsa system is around $1000. You can install it yourself. I don't really know what a shop would charge

CAI? From Volant they're around for about $250, that's what I paid for mine. Personally I don't think it's worth $25. About 10 minutes to install with basic hand tools. Maybe 20 the first time through because the instructions aren't worth crap either.

PCM you'll have to ask AJ. I think value per $ this gets you the most bang for your buck

TC from Edge Racing is $425 plus install which I would guess is at least 5 hr of labor. That's 3000 RPM stall with STR of 2.4:1. This is also a great upgrade with any other upgrade but it can be costly and unless you do the exhaust and the CAI it's probably not worth the money.

how much would a good exhaust system from CORSA run installed?

torque converter?

Intake?

Tuned PCM?

individually............

and im only gonna do one, which one is best?

Highline Cady
08-16-07, 04:23 PM
Hmmm, stall converter.

Anyone know if the stall converter upgrade would trip any idiot lights?

Otherwise this may be something I'd be somewhat interested in after the NOS install.

CadillacSTS42005
08-16-07, 05:14 PM
it didnt for mark99

codewize
08-16-07, 09:18 PM
The correct converter does not cause any issues. This is to say as long as it's designed for the car the stall speed change will not cause any computer issues. It's been my understanding that this is one of the biggest improvements you can make.

Hmmm, stall converter.

Anyone know if the stall converter upgrade would trip any idiot lights?

Otherwise this may be something I'd be somewhat interested in after the NOS install.

CadillacSTS42005
08-16-07, 09:51 PM
yup
that simple swap will shave 1/2 from your 1/4s

fubar569
08-16-07, 10:05 PM
yup
that simple swap will shave 1/2 from your 1/4s

unless you're smokin an 1/8th..it may seem like a 1/16th! :thepan:

ad too keep the fractions going...lol

CadillacSTS42005
08-16-07, 10:13 PM