: Van Halen, A Brand New Band!!!

JimmyH
08-14-07, 12:22 PM
Well they are back, but it IS NOT a reunion, according to Diamond Dave, "This is a brand new band." That will be playing all the old songs. :lol:

Eddie Van Halen
Alex Van Halen
David Lee Roth
and 16 year old Wolfgang Van Halen on bass.

And the new look:

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/misc/vh.jpg

Here is the press conference:

5G8MLutk7ZY

North American Tour Dates

Sep. 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Sep. 29 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
Oct. 01 Philadelphia, PA WachoviaCenter
Oct. 07 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Oct. 10 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
Oct. 14 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Field House
Oct. 16 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
Oct. 18 Chicago, IL United Center
Oct. 22 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
Oct. 24 Minneapolis, MN TargetCenter
Oct. 26 Kansas City, MO SprintCenter
Oct. 28 St. Louis, MO ScottradeCenter
Oct. 30 Boston, MA TD BanknorthGarden
Nov. 03 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena
Nov. 13 New York, NY MadisonSquareGarden
Nov. 20 Los Angeles, CA StaplesCenter
Nov. 23 Glendale, AZ Jobing.Com Arena
Nov. 25 San Diego, CA Cox Arena
Nov. 27 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena
Nov. 29 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
Dec. 01 Portland, OR Rose Garden
Dec. 03 Seattle, WA Key Arena
Dec. 05 Vancouver, BC General Motors Place
Dec. 09 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Dec. 11 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome

For all the lowdown go to The Van Halen News Desk (http://www.vhnd.com/)

RightTurn
08-14-07, 12:28 PM
You left off the "who cares" button. :yawn:

Lord Cadillac
08-14-07, 12:36 PM
Well now.... We DO have some classic rock fans in here.. I was never a big Van Halen fan, but I think it's cool to see them get back together... Minus one...

JimmyH
08-14-07, 12:39 PM
You left off the "who cares" button. :yawn:

:jerkit:
go back to your randy travis and lynard skynard mrs texas
:rockon:

JimmyH
08-14-07, 12:43 PM
oh and I was a HUGE van halen fan (operative word there being WAS)

I think, like the Stones, Aerosmith, and few others, they should just hang it up. They are out of fresh ideas. And they know it, hence the tour and not a new album. Lets just regurgitate the old songs that everyone has heard a gazillion times.

Then there are old bands like Toto, who NO ONE in America appreciates, who all these years later, are still making albums which each one gets better. Dont believe me? Check out it out at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Between-Toto/dp/B000EXOA4A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-3070274-0391608?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1187112227&sr=1-1)
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZNZPMETML._AA240_.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-07, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I agree with ya there Jimmy. I'm a HUGE fan of classic rock, and I'd love to get to see the Stones (probably my favorite band ever....I've got every one of their studio albums from 1968-1981) in person, but it's kinda pathetic watching them play, but nowhere near as pathetic as watching these "sorta famous" bands (Toto, Night Ranger, etc etc) bands from the '80s reunite and play for their fans in the basement of a night club....pathetic.

Sometimes it's great to leave the good things in the past and leave it at that.

Destroyer
08-14-07, 01:23 PM
I think its great. I still crank VH all the time. Hope they haven't slowed down!. Even though I loved Sammy, I think the band was better with Roth. Definately wont miss them when they come around here.

BTW: Holy crap does Wolfie look like his mom!

Destroyer
08-14-07, 01:25 PM
but nowhere near as pathetic as watching these "sorta famous" bands (Toto, Night Ranger, etc etc) bands from the '80s reunite and play for their fans in the basement of a night club....pathetic.

Hope you are not thinking that Van Halen was/is a "sorta famous" band. They were/are HUGE!.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-07, 01:47 PM
No, they were HUGE back in the day. Granted it was a few years before I was born (When did Diamond Dave quit? Was it 1987 or like '86?) Anyways, I was born in April of '87 so IIRC, it happened before I was born. I always kinda thought that their popularity waned after Dave quit...like he was the better showman/ and the better frontman. Not to mention all the VH songs I like came out in his era (Beautifiul Girls, Jump, Dance the night away, etc etc).

JimmyH
08-14-07, 02:58 PM
these "sorta famous" bands (Toto, Night Ranger, etc etc) bands from the '80s reunite and play for their fans in the basement of a night club....pathetic.

TAKE TOTO OUT OF THAT LIST! Toto is, collectively, the finest group of musicians ever assembled. None of them is the greatest at his position, but together you will not find a higher talent level. There is a reason they have played as studio musicians on more albums than anyone. And with the exception of the United States, they are still HUGE.

Even though I loved Sammy, I think the band was better with Roth.

I am the other way around. I like Dave better, but I think VH was at their prime with sammy on Balance. Interestingly, I think the DLR years peaked with 1984. It seems Eddie is at his finest when he is at odds with his lead singer.

BTW: Holy crap does Wolfie look like his mom!

i think they were both on the same all you can diet before Val became the Jenny Craig poster girl.

(When did Diamond Dave quit? Was it 1987 or like '86?)

depending on who you talk to, he quit in 1985, or was fired in 1984. Sammy came on board for the 86 release of 5150. And if you want to see Van Halen at their best, go watch Live Without A Net. It makes Right Here Right Now (or any of the 90's concerts I went to) look like a sham.

Destroyer
08-14-07, 04:14 PM
No, they were HUGE back in the day. Granted it was a few years before I was born (When did Diamond Dave quit? Was it 1987 or like '86?) Anyways, I was born in April of '87 so IIRC, it happened before I was born. I always kinda thought that their popularity waned after Dave quit...like he was the better showman/ and the better frontman. Not to mention all the VH songs I like came out in his era (Beautifiul Girls, Jump, Dance the night away, etc etc).He was canned after the 1984 Album (which was arguably one of their best). Holy crap do I feel old now!. You had to tell me you born in 1987?. Damn, I was in 10th grade, driving and all that year. I consider '87 to be one of my best and most memorable years.

Spyder
08-14-07, 05:41 PM
Cubic Zirconia Dave, huh?...been hearing a lot about this on the radio...may have to snatch up some ARCO Arena Sacramento tickets if it makes it that far! :)

90Brougham350
08-14-07, 08:46 PM
I might be the only one here who went ape-shit when he heard this, but I'll gladly spend $200 a ticket to be front-row if I have to. Zeppelin might be my favorite band, but I owned every Van Halen album (not Van Hagar) before I owned much else. This is the show I've been waiting for since I was about 11 years old. Yeah, it'll get canceled, but just the thought of it sends chills up my spine. Seeing VH with Sammy Hagar a few years back was amazing. I can only imagine what it'll be like with Diamond Dave. Of course, it won't be quite the same without Mike Anthony, but Wolfie can hold his own with a bass.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-14-07, 08:51 PM
Alex is one wierd lookin mofo.

codewize
08-14-07, 09:09 PM
VH was / is a good band. They are true rockers at heart. They survived the 80' crap that was in demand. I think they can pull this off.

DILLIGAF
08-14-07, 09:47 PM
Why no Mike Anthony?

I have a buddy who has a ticket stub from Van Halens first tour,they played a bar in Great Bend ks an hour from me.At that time GB had maybe 10,000 residents and 1 bar.Humble beginnings to say the least,oh and he said they kicked ass!

Destroyer
08-15-07, 08:56 AM
but Wolfie can hold his own with a bass.

I dont think that kid knows how good he has it. He's in one of the biggest rock bands of all time with his dad and uncle!. That is just cool as hell. :thumbsup:

JimmyH
08-15-07, 10:31 AM
Why no Mike Anthony?

he is in camp Sammy now

Kadonny
08-15-07, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I agree with ya there Jimmy. I'm a HUGE fan of classic rock, and I'd love to get to see the Stones (probably my favorite band ever....I've got every one of their studio albums from 1968-1981) in person, but it's kinda pathetic watching them play

I~LUV, I saw the Stones last year (Bigger Bang tour) and they absolutely rocked live, still. I don't care how old they are, seeing them live was something I had to do before I die and they did not let down one little bit.

Here is the list of the bands I saw the past 3 years, all classic rock:

Eagles Reunion tour. Totally awesome, totally.

Van Halen (Van Hagar actually). Still, very very good. They didn't play a few songs they should have, but I assume at that time DLR had rights to them.

The Who. Great again. Just seeing Pete and Roger together on the stage was amazing. Pete so rocks!

I really want to see Van Halen again, but I'll be away that weekend to see the Philly show. I'm really bumming right now, I love Van Halen.

2 shows I really need to see before I die:

1. Led Zeppelin (I hear rumor possibly 2008)

2. AC/DC (I hear rumor they are working on an album, good news for a possible tour)

JimmyH
08-15-07, 04:09 PM
they should do a Monsters of Rock reunion tour, sponsored by Geritol

Destroyer
08-15-07, 09:26 PM
they should do a Monsters of Rock reunion tour, sponsored by GeritolNah, they will kick ass just like the Stones, KISS, Aerosmith and so forth have been doing for the last 35 years.:thumbsup: I know Motley Crues isn't AS old but they rocked out when I saw them a couple of years ago too.

Destroyer
08-15-07, 09:28 PM
Anybody watch the Man Band on VH1?. Yeah thats right, INSYNC all grown up and they are making the comeback from hell. Lead singer is like 350lbs, Its gonna rock!. LMAO!!!!