: Stupid California makes me do THIS...

Spyder
08-13-07, 11:25 PM
even though it looks kinda cool. I think I like it. Havn't had a chance to take it out and shoot it yet though, so I dunno. The safety has to be worked with the left hand...gonna have to get an ambi one...

You can also shoot it with the regular A2 stock and no pistol grip, but I bought this thing (for way too much $) just to see how it worked out.

californiarifles.com for anyone that's interested...good stuff actually. Met the guy that runs it and he showed me some of his cool stuff...about thirty minutes from my house.

Rolex
08-14-07, 05:54 PM
Damn you Arnold!! :want: Anyway, that should make it easier for you to shoot. You'd have better luck hitting medium range targets if you'd put some iron sights on that thing! ;) :p

pabstcadillac
08-14-07, 06:58 PM
So I'm scheduled for my CCW here in AZ for October & I'm also doing the UT & FL CCW too. This means I'll be able to carry in 45 of our 50 great states. :alchi: :usflag:

Sorry California. :tease:

Spyder
08-15-07, 02:09 AM
You sure as hell can't carry HERE! :

Rolex, I just shoot a LOT and then I don't have to worry about hitting anything. ...yea, I know...I REALLY need to put sights on both that one and the .50 I keep buying other stuff and not sights...I just got a brand new Leupold scope for my .308 and a new waterpump for the challenger and this stock...that would have bought irons for both and a Eotech for one...but paying down the card so I can max it out again is my first priority. :D

Any recommendations on GOOD BUIS that'd work with the Eotech I eventually plan on mounting on it? I actually havn't figured out what I'm going to do with either of them yet. I want the Beowulf to be a short/medium range, so its probably going to end up with an Eo and a set of good BUIS. The 5.56 I will probably make a medium range one, so a magnification scope will be in order. I bought another off-list lower that I eventually plan on building into a thousand yard gun, and I'm leaning heavily towards the 6.5 Grendel...but that's so far down the road I have no idea what I'll end up doing with it, but it'll probably end up with a bad ass Swarovski... :D

Rolex
08-15-07, 07:38 AM
Both of my Bushmasters have a standard front sight post with the BMAS flip up rear sights. With that particular configuration I can shoot co-witness through the Eotech. My LR had a flat rail the full length of the rifle so both sights are on the same level:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/lr1.jpg

This rifle uses YHM flip up irons front and rear. I prefer the YHM sights to the BMAS because you have to depress a button to raise the BMAS which can be a little akward. The YHM sights will flip up without a button push....which in theory could save you some time if you're engaging zombies. ;)

Your 50 appears to have a fsb that's lower than the top rail. YHM makes a good gas block mounted front flip up for that (they're rears are out of stock though:bigroll:):

http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/sights.html

but remember opinions on these matters are different depending on who you ask. I may have a spare BMAS flip up rear laying around somewhere in my parts bin. I'll have a look when I get home.

Spyder
08-15-07, 12:14 PM
The fifty has a small rail in front that is the same level as the flattop in the rear. The picture up there with the lower gas block quadrail is the DPMS 5.56 upper. I've been thinking about canning it, actually, and putting a standard front gas block with integral sight on it, just because it'd be easier. Would that work well with a scope or Eotech or would it get in the way? I'll post some pics today after work of what I have and describe more what I want...gotta go now though.

Rolex
08-15-07, 04:44 PM
I find when using the Eothingy the fixed front sight doesn't bother me at all. It's very easy to look over the sight, but I don't recall it ever being in the way or acting as an obstruction. If you want a complete un-obstructed view through your optics I'd go with folding front and rear sights. Lower them to shoot through a scope and use them as a backup in case the scope ever breaks or gets knocked off of zero....when you're in the middle of a zombie hunt.

When I referred to shooting co-witness through the Eothingy, I mean the Eothingy and my iron sights both line up when shooting. I use it as a way of making sure both sighting systems are remain zeroed.