: Whadaya think of this?......

Lord Cadillac
08-13-07, 04:06 PM
http://www.automotivemessageboard.com

Not too bad for a completely dead site with ABSOLUTELY no activity at all.. And run by absolutely nobody as well... Eh?

urbanski
08-13-07, 04:35 PM
haha, yeah....i've heard that "nobody" running it is a geek :p

Lord Cadillac
08-13-07, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah?! hehe. In the real world, nobody thinks I even know how to use a computer. So I'm okay with that assumption. :p But other than a quick setup, nobody really is "nobody". :)

Cadillacboy
08-13-07, 04:48 PM
Cool site and seems other way in regards to the activity you mentioned lol

Lord Cadillac
08-13-07, 04:54 PM
Thanks. You're saying it seems busy, right? :p

Cadillacboy
08-13-07, 04:57 PM
LOL, definetly yes
I wonder what would happen if it was actually busy :D

Lord Cadillac
08-13-07, 05:01 PM
LOL, definetly yes
I wonder what would happen if it was actually busy :D
I'm sure one day it will be.. It's only a matter of time.. All it takes is two or three people to actively start and reply to topics they find interesting. Eventually, someone interested will find the site...

gothicaleigh
08-14-07, 09:57 AM
Nice site Sal. :)

You should have the Cadillac section open to here and have the boards share registrations if possible. Would be a very cool thing to have individual message boards for each brand and have that site serve as a nexus point (I know you already have a few of them set up). :p

*EDIT*
Ooh. You already have our registrations set up there. Well played sir, well played. :p

Lord Cadillac
08-14-07, 11:13 AM
Thank you!

Ahh.. Actually? You signed up on 03-21-2007. :p Here's the memberlist so far:
http://www.automotivemessageboard.com/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30

A few of us are there... I probably SHOULD do just that - but I'm not sure everyone would want a membership there. I don't know... But it IS a good idea...

My Brother and I own that site.. We have some interesting plans.. It doesn't take much to run it, obviously.. Everything is automated.. I did have an idea to actually make it quite interesting..

Each make (Chevy, Pontiac, Honda, Volkswagen) will have it's own style - meaning custom header, footer, images, etcetera - and once inside a category (like BMW), it would look as if it's a BMW site - finding a link outside that forum wouldn't be extremely obvious. So the main list of forums would look like a gateway to a forum like this - which it's all really just one forum, it would look like a separate forum for each make...

My Brother will probably handle that aspect of it, however... I wouldn't have the time for it. In fact, he probably won't either, and will probably just pay somebody to do it.

It's a side project that could turn out to be a lot of fun one day...

Nice site Sal. :)

You should have the Cadillac section open to here and have the boards share registrations if possible. Would be a very cool thing to have individual message boards for each brand and have that site serve as a nexus point (I know you already have a few of them set up). :p

*EDIT*
Ooh. You already have our registrations set up there. Well played sir, well played. :p

Krashed989
08-14-07, 06:59 PM
AutomotiveMessageBoard.com does not accept registrations from non-ISP (free) email accounts like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etcetera.

Wha What??!?!?!? I can't register! ALL of my emails addy's ARE from free providers.... gah...

Lord Cadillac
08-14-07, 07:48 PM
You don't have to register to post... Hit the contact link at the bottom of this page and let me know what you'd like your username and password to be. I'll set you up manually. You can then change your password via User CP...

Krashed989
08-14-07, 08:06 PM
Thanks man! Message sent. :)