: Cadillac Museum in Warren MI

carzzy
08-13-07, 12:24 PM
I would like to visit the Cadillac Museum in Warren Michigan. Has anyone been there? If so, how does one get in contact with them, I heard it is by appointment only. Any info, would be appeciated.

Benzilla
08-13-07, 01:13 PM
That's news to me... I lived in Michigan most of my life and never caught that. Now I want to see it!

FrankT
08-14-07, 07:40 AM
I've been there for a Christmas dinner/meeting, it's very cool. But, it's not open to the public as per say. However, I believe it could be, if you contact them and tell'em that a Cadillac Club or Group would like to rent it out for a night or weekend or car show. The working operation compares to a banquet hall.

here is a link with some pics:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/modules/gallery/detroit2002

FrankT
08-14-07, 06:19 PM
I've been there for a Christmas dinner/meeting, it's very cool. But, it's not open to the public as per say. However, I believe it could be, if you contact them and tell'em that a Cadillac Club or Group would like to rent it out for a night or weekend or car show. The working operation compares to a banquet hall.

sorry!
Try this link
http://www.classic-cadillac.com/index.php?set_albumName=detroit2002&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

The link is not working for some reason, google cadillac museum warren, mich

BigJon
08-15-07, 12:43 AM
i've never heard of it and i lived in Michigan my whole life.... we all should get together and go

FrankT
08-15-07, 09:03 PM
i've never heard of it and i lived in Michigan my whole life.... we all should get together and go:thumbsup:
This sounds like a great idea, maybe a meet for this fall or next spring?
Should this idea be posted in the meets section?

BigJon
08-15-07, 11:06 PM
maybe we all should get together this Oct.. or something??? see how many people we can get together and cost etc??

BigJon
08-17-07, 12:39 AM
i wonder if people would come...

Adam
08-17-07, 03:03 AM
link: http://info.detnews.com/joyrides/story/index.cfm?id=394

Benzilla
08-17-07, 12:22 PM
I would definitely be there! Although I probably wouldn't want to take the '79 up there with the new paint, even though it was built on Clark street.

TSS
08-17-07, 03:17 PM
:thumbsup:
This sounds like a great idea, maybe a meet for this fall or next spring?
Should this idea be posted in the meets section?

Ditto. I would go. I also know there are several Michiganders on the SRX forum.

carzzy
08-18-07, 11:09 AM
I think it would be cool to get a group of us to go and visit this museum. The museum exists, but how does one get the contact info to visit it it??
http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/company/hist_collection.html

carzzy
08-18-07, 11:12 AM
http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/company/hist_collection.html

BigJon
08-18-07, 08:49 PM
sooo when is best for us all to do to get togather...

TSS
08-19-07, 08:06 AM
I say just pick a Saturday in October..... Too many people, including me, are still traveling up North on weekends in september. Personally, i don't care if it is a weekday so long as i have advance notice, but I suspect most people do care.

96Fleetwood
08-19-07, 08:19 AM
I would go! Keep me posted! :thumbsup:

FrankT
08-19-07, 09:19 AM
link: http://info.detnews.com/joyrides/story/index.cfm?id=394
I have sent out several e-mails requesting how we can access this museum for a Saturday. Greg Wallace who is mentioned in the joyride story has been transferred to Turin, Italy, I sent him an e-mail anyway.

We're going to have to wait for the responses.
:jimmy:

c5 rv
08-19-07, 11:21 AM
That would be a great way to spend a Saturday.

TSS
08-19-07, 01:05 PM
That would be a great way to spend a Saturday.

I was referring to you and GMJIM when I posted above!

BigJon
08-19-07, 05:39 PM
i will contact my friend that works at GM here in michigan and see if he knows anyone that knows... or works for the tech center..

FrankT
08-20-07, 10:06 AM
OK, I have some info, they need at least two weeks notice and it's not cheap.
20 people = 75.00 EA
50 people = 30.00EA for 2 hours on a Saturday.

See below, and let me know what you think. The museum request cash in advance.

Do you think we can get 50 folks to pay in advance?

MON-FRI 8:00AM- 5:00PM=Small Groups [20-50]: $600

MON-THUR 5:00PM-9:00PM=Small Groups [20-50]: $1300

FRI- 6:00PM-10:00PM
SAT OR SUN = Small Groups [20-50]: $1500

In addition med, large and extra large group pricing is avaible, the cost goes per person goes down if more folks come.

Pricing Guidelines include:
Pre event planning coordination
Facility set-up, attendance and clean up
Exclusive use of the facility for the duration of the event
Facility usage is based on one full business day (Monday – Friday) and three days for extra large groups (Friday – Saturday)
Exclusive Conference room access is included for large and extra large groups
Exclusive use for set-up/strike days will be charges at the day rate of $700.00
Facility personnel overtime charged at time and a half
Exclusive Conference room use during small and medium events charged at $200.00
List of preferred suppliers, including catering, valet parking, event supplies, audio/video, etc. available through Heritage Center Event Coordinator

TSS
08-20-07, 11:27 AM
50 people may be difficult. I wish one of us knew somebody who had been there to tell us if it is worth it.

Separate Note: If anybody has not been to the Gilmore Car Museaum in Hickory Corners, MI, GO!!!!!!!! It is the Best automotive museum I have ever been to - several Cadillacs as well. Set out in about 10 beautiful HUGE barns, great staff, fabulous cars, reasonable admission price (7 bucks?) nice drive out there.

BigJon
08-20-07, 02:27 PM

sooo frank is it worth our 75$???

FrankT
08-20-07, 06:50 PM
sooo frank is it worth our 75$???

It's a small museum, I was there in 2000 from what I can recall there's a couple of engines, memorabilia, and about 10-15 Caddies. In my case GM flipped the bill, it was nice. I wouldn't pay over $20.00 to view it again.

For $75.00 per person the answer is defiantly no.
For $20.00 per person is not too bad of deal but remember you only have a couple hours to spend there and I wouldn't come from out of state just to view it.
Best,
Frank

FrankT
08-20-07, 08:26 PM
50 people may be difficult. I wish one of us knew somebody who had been there to tell us if it is worth it.

Separate Note: If anybody has not been to the Gilmore Car Museaum in Hickory Corners, MI, GO!!!!!!!! It is the Best automotive museum I have ever been to - several Cadillacs as well. Set out in about 10 beautiful HUGE barns, great staff, fabulous cars, reasonable admission price (7 bucks?) nice drive out there.

The Gilmore Car Museum looks very nice and a far better deal! I had never heard of this one, I would go.
Check it out here http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

BigJon
08-20-07, 08:57 PM
ya the gilmore seems way better and 12 or more its 6$ and its not that far... i mean its not around the block... but it seems to be easier to get a meet together...

c5 rv
08-20-07, 09:21 PM
I like the idea of Gilmore even better.

TSS
08-20-07, 09:46 PM
I am always up to go to Gilmore. Lets just pick a Saturday date and time in September to meet there. I don't care how many show up, the place is top notch.

BigJon
08-20-07, 10:35 PM
how about the 8th? hows that sound to you guys?

TSS
08-21-07, 12:42 PM
how about the 8th? hows that sound to you guys?

Of couse. I say any Saturday in September and I am not available Saturday the 8th. I am free saturday 15th, 22nd, 29th. I am in any one of those dates

FrankT
08-21-07, 04:55 PM
The Gilmore Car Museum was TSS's idea, So, I would like TSS to be able to make it.
I'll also say any Saturday, Sept 15th, 22nd, or 29th.

TSS
08-21-07, 05:46 PM
Thanks Frank. How does the 22nd work for everyone?

Todd

BigJon
08-21-07, 08:15 PM
so lets say the 22nd...

TSS
08-21-07, 08:55 PM
so lets say the 22nd...

done. so who is in?

me: TSS Todd

tonsoffun?

frankt?

c5rv?

who else?

BigJon
08-22-07, 12:43 AM
i'm in me and my brother and his girlfriend and some other friends of mine so...

FrankT
08-22-07, 06:13 PM
done. so who is in?
who else?
Benzilla?Carzzy?Adam? (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=32843)
TSS you have friends on the SRX form. Should this get posted in the SRX and Meets and Events section too? :gossip:
Thoughts?
Frank

TSS
08-22-07, 06:23 PM
Benzilla?Carzzy?Adam? (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=32843)
TSS you have friends on the SRX form. Should this get posted in the SRX and Meets and Events section too? :gossip:
Thoughts?
Frank

I emailed the two michiganders I know of (c5rv, posted above. The other is Jim (GMJIM), have not heard back from him).

c5rv, are you in for the 22nd? I will likely bring my wife and son too.

c5 rv
08-25-07, 10:22 PM
Sep 22nd looks good for us. Just checking the college football schedule for traffic jams:

MSU is at Notre Dame at 3:30 (might be an issue for folks coming from Indiana)
U of M is at home v. Penn State at ?? time

On the 29th, both UM and MSU are away. Notre Dame is away on that date, too. That date should work for us, too. The 29th should also have a bit more fall color. Still before peak, though.

TSS
08-26-07, 09:22 AM
You know, I go there by all back roads once I hit the "downtown" Charlotte exit off of 96. Contact me if you want my "backroads" directions from Lansing. Very nice drive, open fields, some nice twistys....

I think if we plan to meet there at 11:00 , we should not really have any significant game traffic to deal with going or returning. As date gets closer we can set a definite time to meet at the admission counter (where you buy the tickets).

Again, for those who have never been there, it is a fabulous place in a very beutiful setting off the beaten path. Very relaxing atmosphere and some incredible cars. Maybe someone can post this to the "Club" section with the title "Michigan Meeting", to alert other Michiganders.

So, for the 22nd - running total:

Me (and family)

C5 RV (and wife)

FrankT

Tonsoffun (plus family and friends)

c5 rv
08-26-07, 09:39 AM
... Contact me if you want my "backroads" directions from Lansing....

C5 RV (and wife)

Send me your route. Backroads would be best since there is no direct route. I'll give the museum a call sometime in he next couple weeks to check on their wheelchair access. If it is limited, I'll see if I can get someone to stay with my wife and I'll come alone.

TSS
08-26-07, 10:27 AM
Send me your route. Backroads would be best since there is no direct route. I'll give the museum a call sometime in he next couple weeks to check on their wheelchair access. If it is limited, I'll see if I can get someone to stay with my wife and I'll come alone.

I seem to recall it being very compliant (wheel chair accessible). PAVED PATHS BETWEEN THE BARNS, RAMPS, ETC. There may be just a few second floor exhibits that would pose a problem. Again, I specifically recall ramps for most, if not all. Give them a call anyway, I think they may also have a golf cart type thing they might loan out - if that is feasible for your wife.

I need find my directions at home and I will email you this week.

FrankT
08-26-07, 10:27 AM
You know, I go there by all back roads once I hit the "downtown" Charlotte exit off of 96. Contact me if you want my "backroads" directions from Lansing. Very nice drive, open fields, some nice twistys....

I think if we plan to meet there at 11:00 , we should not really have any significant game traffic to deal with going or returning. As date gets closer we can set a definite time to meet at the admission counter (where you buy the tickets).

Again, for those who have never been there, it is a fabulous place in a very beutiful setting off the beaten path. Very relaxing atmosphere and some incredible cars. Maybe someone can post this to the "Club" section with the title "Michigan Meeting", to alert other Michiganders.

So, for the 22nd - running total:

Me (and family)

C5 RV (and wife)

FrankT

Tonsoffun (plus family and friends)

Thanks TSS, This sounds good to me. I'll post this in the Great Lake Meeting section. Frank

c5 rv
08-26-07, 11:47 AM
.. I think they may also have a golf cart type thing they might loan out - if that is feasible for your wife.

The access sounds good, thanks. However, I don't think I'll mention this part to her. She does enough damage driving a manual wheelchair around the house. :alchi: (She just drives like one.)

TSS
09-10-07, 11:01 AM
Just a bump to Michiganders - we are doing this on Saturday September 22, 2007 at Gilmore car Museum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigJon
09-17-07, 11:18 PM
ya it looks like i wont be able to make it... i hope ya have a blast and take some pictures for me..

TSS
09-18-07, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear that. I am still attending with my son - even if everyone else bails out! Looks like the weather is going to be great too.

BigJon
09-19-07, 08:01 AM
ya, i couldnt get off work.. to busy... maybe next time i hope your son enjoys it.. take lots of pictures