: Oh my Lord - She's GONE!!

My_favorite_Brougham
08-12-07, 10:52 PM
Well folks it just happened 20 minutes ago. I sold the Brougham. Fortunately I didn't have to pay listing costs with anyone because of Craigslist. I have a very funny feeling in my stomach and 2500 dollars in my pocket. It feels weird; I don't know if I'm happy or sad. Happy because I know I'm on the way to something better, but Sad because I have put so much of my personal blood and sweat into it. Almost as if she were a child I had raised, a piece of me. Do any of you feel this way after a sale?...Destroyer?

Oh and by the way, Jonas you were right on the money (no pun intended) as for the $2500. Most folks say pictures don't do their car justice, but pictures overstated my car - water and oil leaks, poor acceleration due to vacuum lines, torn leather, squooshed seats, no e-brake, and a/c that will probably die in a year. Besides, she was also a rust bucket. (In fact, these bars in the front axle were completely rusted through-and-through.) So I jumped on the money. He didn't even start it up before he bought it.

And here's a photo of the spoils: YUM..................drool...
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x141/Shutterbug668/DSC00205-1.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-07, 10:55 PM
Wow, that didn't take long to sell at all!

Destroyer
08-12-07, 10:59 PM
Do any of you feel this way after a sale?...Destroyer?

You did well. Congrats!. Yeah I get that feeling after having owned a car that I put a lot of time/work into. Its a much different feeling than selling a car you just owned/drove. Its a double sided coin. On one hand you feel weird not having it around but on the other hand you are relieved that its gone. :bouncy:

Benzilla
08-12-07, 11:49 PM
Congratulations! I know how you feel, I got the same thing after I sold my '83. But the 3k in hundreds eased my pain. Just keep in mind that the best is yet to come. So what color do you have in mind for your next iron mistress?

Ben.

96Fleetwood
08-13-07, 12:16 AM
Congrats! You got some good money for it and the buyer got alot of car for the money :thumbsup:

My_favorite_Brougham
08-13-07, 12:57 AM
Well, I really like the firemist maroon offered around then, but not the burgundy. I'd like a nice deep red '92 with an astroroof. After all you hardly ever see rich (not sporty) red cars anymore, and even less with interior other than neutral tan. I really like the style of the '90-'92, but I also might like an 80's one, especially with cloth interior. The coupe seems to be growing on me. There are just so many choices.

Then I have strayed from the RWDs a bit. Chad got me hooked on the 1996 Olds 98, and I saw a nice 1983 Olds 98 coupe rolling down the road and thought: "That just as big as a Caddy, and with a 350"

But when I look at those too long I think: "Well if can get that, I can get a Cadillac." Then I find myself eyeballing '76; '85 and '00 Eldorados. I seem to love them all. I like the class and iron of the detroit tanks, yet I love the elegance of a smooth, new Cadillac. But don't get me wrong, I love the detroit tanks much more. What is a budgeted man to do?

I'll just have to look around, and see what I like. But I like everything.
Maybe I'll try something different just for the sake of the driver's seat, in that a Sedan is most enjoyed (I find) from the backseat, yet as the owner I'm always the driver - another Cadillac lover's dilemma. I'm leaning towards this coupe:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/366567387.html

Then I go in circles again because I like the 70's beasts.

WHAT IS A FICKLE MAN TO DO?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-13-07, 01:06 AM
Then I have strayed from the RWDs a bit. Chad got me hooked on the 1996 Olds 98, and I saw a nice 1983 Olds 98 coupe rolling down the road and thought: "That just as big as a Caddy, and with a 350"

I <3 the 1991-96 Ninety Eights. Owning one of those is like having an unnattractive woman as your wife... they're reliable, easy to please, loyal and low maintenance. Sure, they may not look as good as a comparable deVille, but they'll do the same things for less money and less trouble. Oh, and the 1983 has either a 307 V8 or 252 (4.1) V6. No 350s in those since 1980, and those were the Olds 350.

My_favorite_Brougham
08-13-07, 01:26 AM
I <3 the 1991-96 Ninety Eights. Owning one of those is like having an unnattractive woman as your wife... they're reliable, easy to please, loyal and low maintenance. Sure, they may not look as good as a comparable deVille, but they'll do the same things for less money and less trouble. Oh, and the 1983 has either a 307 V8 or 252 (4.1) V6. No 350s in those since 1980, and those were the Olds 350.

Good. Another reason to keep me faithful.

Highway Star
08-13-07, 11:34 AM
Decisions...decisions...

Why not get a Fleetwood Brougham coupe? That way you can keep the same username.

My_favorite_Brougham
08-13-07, 02:30 PM
Decisions...decisions...

Why not get a Fleetwood Brougham coupe? That way you can keep the same username.

Yeah, I thought about a FWB coupe but I actually like the smaller vinyl top on the DeVilles better. They're not right up against the door and have more tilt to them. I feel the Fleetwood coupe is missing two doors.

But as soon as I get a DeVille, I bet I'll want a FWB coupe. I felt the same way when I thought d'Elegance interior was ugly - then I wanted it!

But my username here on the Forums is the least of my concerns. I'm sure everyone would know a new guy named, 'My Favorite DeVille'

CaddyshackCadillac
08-13-07, 02:35 PM
ide say get an older bougham coupe or deville coupe im in the process of buying an 83 coupe deville myself.....whenever i think caddy thats the version that sticks out in my head........

z06bigbird
08-13-07, 04:03 PM

Re the unattractive woman....--did you read this somewhere, or are you speaking from experience? Remember that your wife might be reading this.

z06bigbird
08-13-07, 04:06 PM
Well folks it just happened 20 minutes ago. I sold the Brougham. Fortunately I didn't have to pay listing costs with anyone because of Craigslist. I have a very funny feeling in my stomach and 2500 dollars in my pocket. It feels weird; I don't know if I'm happy or sad. Happy because I know I'm on the way to something better, but Sad because I have put so much of my personal blood and sweat into it. Almost as if she were a child I had raised, a piece of me. Do any of you feel this way after a sale?...Destroyer?

Oh and by the way, Jonas you were right on the money (no pun intended) as for the $2500. Most folks say pictures don't do their car justice, but pictures overstated my car - water and oil leaks, poor acceleration due to vacuum lines, torn leather, squooshed seats, no e-brake, and a/c that will probably die in a year. Besides, she was also a rust bucket. (In fact, these bars in the front axle were completely rusted through-and-through.) So I jumped on the money. He didn't even start it up before he bought it.

And here's a photo of the spoils: YUM..................drool...

I must remember to buy a car from someone other than you. LOL

With the cost of gas these days, would you consider a Cimarron???? Catera??? You might consider a Chrysler because you never need to change the oil; just add a few quarts every week.

LOL

My_favorite_Brougham
08-13-07, 07:54 PM
With the cost of gas these days, would you consider a Cimarron???? Catera??? You might consider a Chrysler because you never need to change the oil; just add a few quarts every week.

LOL

Heavens' Beloved!!

I will NEVER consider a 'small' car. And it must be General Motors. Basically anything with a d-body or a moderately sized powerful car. My factors are:

1. Quietness of ride
2. Smoothness of ride
3. Column shifter
4. Trunk size
5. Features (cornering lights are a must)
6. Leg room
7. Dash size (the smaller the better)

I absolutely love the heavy feeling, like I'm not moving at all. Which lends me to my favorite: a '54 to '59 extended wheel-base Fleetwood or DeVille. Is that "mopar"? The heavy-yet-simple look also appeals to me: lots of chrome and no buttons. Those are a little out of my price range, though; and most certainly require more work.

Wheelman322
08-14-07, 03:06 PM
.... I'm leaning towards this coupe:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/366567387.html

WHAT IS A FICKLE MAN TO DO?

As someone who can defineatly appreciate your taste in cars, I would avoid that coupe no matter what. The 4.1 is a dog and that car looks like it needs complete restoration. Have you ever considered a 91-93 SDV or Fleetwood. They're FWD which is the only downside IMO. They're quick, reliable, roomy and ussually can be found in good shape for very little.