: From Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin?

Lord Cadillac
08-12-07, 06:00 PM
Than get in here and introduce yourself to your neighbors!

GizmoQ
08-12-07, 09:09 PM
Hi all, I'm Giz. Retired AF officer, world traveler (govt and personal), inventor, computer consultant, in-car PC (CarPC) owner, USACI SPL competitor....

Done some of everything, been some of everywhere; lived, loved, and lied a lifetime's worth, but I ain't done yet! My current personal challenge: set foot on all 7 continents (currently 2 to go and Antartica is going to be a b*tch but soon). Pick up my mail in St. Louis, but would rather be in Greece.

Dad bought his first Caddy in 1962, and there's been at least one in the family ever since. Left me his last, a 95 Eldo - told me don't spend a dime on it just drive it till it dies. And at 189000 miles I could no longer bare to torture such a beautiful piece of American craftsmanship. Traded it. Missed it. Bought an identical 96. Now customizing it as an ETC-V. I know I may never achieve true V-status, but somebody's gotta try.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-13-07, 12:42 AM
That car is freaking magnificent.

Hello all, I am Chad. I'm 20 years of age and currently I'm a full time service consultant at a Chevrolet dealership in the Twin Cities. My main interests are cars of all sorts, but luxury cars are my main love, anything basically with an engine (bigger is better!), all sorts of music, most of which you could classify under the "rock and roll" umbrella label and sarcasm, I love sarcasm. I love spending time with friends, cruisin around, meetin girls, running, roadtripping and hanging out on here. I'm a classic rock/alternative nut, I've got 1561 songs on my iTunes library, all of which were bought, most on CD form.

I got really interested in Cadillacs back when I was 14, got my first (the '92) when I was 17, in December of '04 and I'm looking at gettin' something new soon, either a high end German car or an Eldorado Touring Coupe made in the twilight of their life. But whether I stay with Cadillac again or stray off, I'll be back again, with a classic sometime in the near future......maybe a 74-76 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance or Talisman, maybe a early '80s Fleetwood Coupe, maybe a 77-78 Eldorado Biarritz. Who knows.

N0DIH
08-20-07, 11:43 PM
Yup, I lurk around these parts too, up in SE WI, in a little town of Darien just off I43.

Got bit by the Cadillac bug with a 91 Deville I got from my mom and dad. They bought it 6 months old in Jan of 92, and gave it to me in Nov 02. I put 40+K miles on it and sold it to a friend and got a 94 Fleetwood Brougham V4P and since Feb 05 I have put 90K on it (It is Aug 07 now). I felt more comfortable putting mega miles on the Fleetwood than the 4.9L Deville.

I do tuning of the 94-95 LT1, and will probably start messing with more soon. It is a ball....

96Fleetwood
08-26-07, 10:26 PM
I am here in downtown Chicago. I like to think it is only temporary.. but it is looking like I will be here for the next 3 years :rant2:

MJJ
08-28-07, 09:39 PM
Hi, I'm Mark from Janesville WI. Checking in! This weekend I plan to take a trip to Kenosha and hit the lake for a dip and a picnic with the kids. On the way back we are going to make a stop at the world famous Brat Stop (http://www.bratstop.com/) for suppers.

Yup, I lurk around these parts too, up in SE WI, in a little town of Darien just off I43.

Got bit by the Cadillac bug with a 91 Deville I got from my mom and dad. They bought it 6 months old in Jan of 92, and gave it to me in Nov 02. I put 40+K miles on it and sold it to a friend and got a 94 Fleetwood Brougham V4P and since Feb 05 I have put 90K on it (It is Aug 07 now). I felt more comfortable putting mega miles on the Fleetwood than the 4.9L Deville.

I do tuning of the 94-95 LT1, and will probably start messing with more soon. It is a ball....
Hey neighbor! Darien... my old stomping gronds, lol. I've Been to the farmers bar a few times when I was younger... Nice little place for us farmboys! :lol:

Jesda
09-12-07, 07:21 AM
Great lakes? Well, we have the lake of the ozarks.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-12-07, 10:42 AM
When you go into the Ozarks, do you hear the opening song from Deliverance?

N0DIH
09-12-07, 12:22 PM
Yeah, we know the place... We live behind it, we clash from time to time, 2am and they are thumping the house pretty good with excessively loud music....

Know it all too well....

Got them fined not to long ago so they are behaving a little better... But not much... We are moving soon so we don't care too much anymore.

Hi, I'm Mark from Janesville WI. Checking in! This weekend I plan to take a trip to Kenosha and hit the lake for a dip and a picnic with the kids. On the way back we are going to make a stop at the world famous Brat Stop (http://www.bratstop.com/) for suppers.

Hey neighbor! Darien... my old stomping gronds, lol. I've Been to the farmers bar a few times when I was younger... Nice little place for us farmboys! :lol:

MJJ
09-15-07, 10:37 PM
Yeah, we know the place... We live behind it, we clash from time to time, 2am and they are thumping the house pretty good with excessively loud music....

Know it all too well....

Got them fined not to long ago so they are behaving a little better... But not much... We are moving soon so we don't care too much anymore.

Yeah, I hear ya. It was fun back in the day - before we all got married and had kids and learned to act like a grown up, lol! Great to hear you are moving my friend. Maybe someday we can get some people together from the area and have a get together at the Vegas Gentlemans Club? :canttalk: lmao... (I was just at Kunes yesterday to check them out). I think I might be able to PM after this post...

N0DIH
09-15-07, 11:59 PM
If you need a good parts guy, Dale at Country Cadillac in Delavan is a great guy. Busy as anything, but very helpful.

I thought it was 50 to post IM's. Not sure if Lord Cadillac can override, but it would be helpful to cut down on spam posts just to get the count up (Sal??? PLEASE?)

Jesda
09-16-07, 06:20 AM
When you go into the Ozarks, do you hear the opening song from Deliverance?

I'm usually too high on meth to notice.

http://ozarkopathy.org/horror.html

I'm amused because I thought I invented the term "meth belt". I guess the Post-Dispatch beat me to it!

JimmyH
09-17-07, 08:02 PM
I just noticed this forum the other day, so here I am.

2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, that I bought used in March 2007.

I live in Round Lake IL, which is about 15 minutes west of Great America. I work in Schiller Park, just off that little strip that connects Chicago proper to O'hare airport.

We need to get some kind of southern WI northern IL meet going!

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/cars/cts.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-17-07, 09:12 PM
I'm usually too high on meth to notice.

http://ozarkopathy.org/horror.html

I'm amused because I thought I invented the term "meth belt". I guess the Post-Dispatch beat me to it!

Whoa, that's pretty fu**ed up. Southern Missouri sounds like Alabama circa 1962.

And I thought I'd heard on the news that the city I live in (Eagan, MN) is one of the nationwide leaders in meth production.

gary88
09-17-07, 09:40 PM
Notice Jesda wrote that at 4:20 :jawa:

GizmoQ
09-17-07, 11:16 PM
We need to get some kind of southern WI northern IL meet going!

What about the LaSalle show on the 22nd (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1192436-post1.html)??

JimmyH
09-18-07, 09:18 AM
What about the LaSalle show on the 22nd (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1192436-post1.html)??

so is that just a meet and greet then? i think the wife has plans this sat, which means i am babysitting; again. who all is planning on being there in case i can get out of watching the kids?

gary88
09-18-07, 10:57 AM
I'll be there with my SLS

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-18-07, 08:26 PM
Gary should move to Gary Indiana.

JimmyH
09-18-07, 11:00 PM
Gary should move to Gary Indiana.

people dont move to Gary, they move FROM Gary

gary88
09-19-07, 12:57 AM
I'm ashamed to share a name with that "town"

JimmyH
09-19-07, 12:47 PM
I'm ashamed to share a name with that "town"

I like to refer to it as the "Armpit of the midwest."

N0DIH
09-19-07, 12:59 PM
Is that what the smells are!??! As a kid when we traveled from St Louis to Grand Rapids, MI, we ALWAYS knew when we in Gary.....

FL01SS
09-29-07, 08:10 AM
I grew up in Iowa, so I'll say hi.

HI!

Now I live in FLA.

Question, why are Iowa and Missouri in the "Great Lakes" section? This is the first time I've ever heard of either of them being included anywhere other than the "Midwest" It's been a few years since I've been home, but as far as I can remember Iowa & Missouri are as "Prarie" as Kansas & Nebraska.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-29-07, 01:24 PM

Isn't that like one of the dirtiest cities in the country?

MN-STS-LOVER
09-29-07, 05:06 PM
"Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana"....Isn't that a song?

mbiker97_old
10-08-07, 10:13 PM
Hi, I'm Mark from Janesville WI. Checking in!

Nice, I lived there for 8 months about 2 years ago when the plant was changing over to the new Tahoe/Yukon. I didn't have my V then, but my G6 was always parked in front of Stokes.

I'm Seth and live in metro Detroit, and other parts of the country, travelling around as an engineer for GM. :D

SLPR 6.0L
10-09-07, 12:07 AM
Greg
Originally from Granite City, IL. Transplanted to Effingham, IL for the past 12 years.
06 CTS V Stealth Grey

I like to think of Granite City as a linty belly button.

GizmoQ
10-09-07, 02:24 PM
Greg
Originally from Granite City, IL. Transplanted to Effingham, IL for the past 12 years.
06 CTS V Stealth Grey

I like to think of Granite City as a linty belly button.

Between the steel mills and the stockyards, it made me think more of a Mech Wars battlefield, a week later.

SLPR 6.0L
10-10-07, 12:22 AM
Between the steel mills and the stockyards, it made me think more of a Mech Wars battlefield, a week later.

I believe there is a bar with a shower somewhere in between. I had the opportunity to spend five summers in one of the local foundries, good incentive to hit the books in the September. Real work sucks!
BTW, a friend (also from GC) recently picked up a silver 04. He now lives in the High Pointe neihborhood, on the road that runs between McClausland (sp?) and onto highway 40.

CadillacGurl
10-16-07, 09:09 PM

AMEN! My mom took the skyway into Chicago and I woke up in Gary and the first words outta my mouth "Holy **** we're in a ghetto!" From then on my mom won't take the skyway in. I just remember guys sitting on the guard rails with their trash cans blazing

JimmyH
10-16-07, 09:19 PM
The skyway. What a hell hole. No wonder Chicago sold it.

Guyz1996deville
11-14-07, 02:24 PM
Hello i am Guy,

I live in Milwuakee and drive a 2003 Escalade. I work for harley-Davidson and also do some boxing.

JimmyH
11-14-07, 02:34 PM
'sup

N0DIH
11-14-07, 05:54 PM
We are moving next week to Cherry Valley in Rockford, so we are going south of the Cheddar Curtain....

96Fleetwood
11-14-07, 09:44 PM
We are moving next week to Cherry Valley in Rockford, so we are going south of the Cheddar Curtain....

Sweet, and we are moving to Downers Grove in the next month. Hopefully we can meet at some point!

2001CatOwner
12-20-07, 06:32 PM
Guyz1996deville What plant you work at? I am Jay, from milwaukee/waukesha area, work at Harley and drive a 2001 Catera 1st owner, I am hoping Santa will bring a CTS-V, if not i am still saving up for one.

N0DIH
12-20-07, 06:55 PM
I would love an STS-V with a LS7 in it.... :)

JimmyH
12-20-07, 06:59 PM
How do you like the Catera? I know the auto press didnt care for them, but I have often thought of looking for a 5-speed Catera or early CTS when my Maxima dies.

N0DIH
12-21-07, 09:20 PM
I am still quite happy with my 94 Fleetwood LT1.... Gonna take a lot to get me out of it.... V8, RWD, conventional GM platform that is great for performance....

nitsuga
12-31-07, 05:04 PM
Hello, I'm Wes. I was just browsing around today and noticed the forum. There has been a Cadillac in the family for quite some time. Right now I've got 1990 Cadillac Seville that's getting an engine replacement come spring time. Right now I'm working on replacing worn suspension components and bushings.

After the swap I plan to start working on the body. Wet sanding and all.

N0DIH
12-31-07, 07:35 PM
Find Illumina on here (FWD forums) and talk to him, he has a 90 too.

Welcome!

Boss_Cadillac
01-14-08, 01:42 AM
Hey all I'm Nick, I am 22 years old and a newer cadillac owner from Oshkosh, Wi. I have always owned a GM/Chevy vehicle, until I took my first ride in a cadillac. I was 20 at the time and looking for a new car. I decided to test drive a 93 El Dorado, it was beautiful. Maroon paint with grey leather seats, the best car i ever drove it was the same year they put the northstar in the ETC model and left the old 4.9 in the regular model.

After owning one cadillac, when the time came to get something new i had to of course look for another. I found a beautiful 99 El Dorado. It was all black, with black leather interior, and a dark wood trim... I mean it was Beautiful!! I recently tinted the windows to 20% all around except the windshield, and i couldn't be happier. The outside is all chrome trim with 17inch stock chrome wheels with gold cadillac symbols in the center. Recently i have tinted the headlights to give the car a real clean all black look, and i removed the tags from the back so the only marks it has would be the side panels saying El Dorado and the El Dorado mark right above the license.

You can see some pictures here : http://www.corrupt-protection.com/pics/cadillac/

I hope everyone enjoys.

Boss_Cadillac
01-14-08, 01:57 AM
Hey all I'm Nick, I am 22 years old and a newer cadillac owner from Oshkosh, Wi. I have always owned a GM/Chevy vehicle, until I took my first ride in a cadillac. I was 20 at the time and looking for a new car. I decided to test drive a 93 El Dorado, it was beautiful. Maroon paint with grey leather seats, the best car i ever drove it was the same year they put the northstar in the ETC model and left the old 4.9 in the regular model.

After owning one cadillac, when the time came to get something new i had to of course look for another. I found a beautiful 99 El Dorado. It was all black, with black leather interior, and a dark wood trim... I mean it was Beautiful!! I recently tinted the windows to 20% all around except the windshield, and i couldn't be happier. The outside is all chrome trim with 17inch stock chrome wheels with gold cadillac symbols in the center. Recently i have tinted the headlights to give the car a real clean all black look, and i removed the tags from the back so the only marks it has would be the side panels saying El Dorado and the El Dorado mark right above the license.

You can see some pictures here : http://www.corrupt-protection.com/pics/cadillac/

I hope everyone enjoys.

JimmyH
01-14-08, 07:38 PM
welcome Boss
:welcomeJimmyH:

FlyFlip420
01-15-08, 11:56 PM
Hola Bitches :gungrin:

96Fleetwood
01-16-08, 06:08 PM
Welcome!

TURBO MINI VANS
01-20-08, 04:24 AM
I live in NE Ohio. I am a good friend of NUTZ (the member that is building a custom V rear end). I have been an avid Car Guy since I was a kid. I bought my first car when I was 13, I am now 53. I once went Drag Racing in one of my friend's Cadillac STS and it had a Northstar motor. If I remember right it ran some low 15.10 in the 1/4. It was one smooth ride.

I work two jobs, 1 which is more than full time as a Service Adviser at a Chevrolet Dealership, the other is part time and that is Promoting Car Shows and Drag Racing Events. One of my Events this year will be held in Columbus, Ohio on Father's Day Weekend the other will be held in Salem, Ohio the end of August.

I use to do Promotions from 1985 to 1991 then once more in 1995. I owned and started the Super Car Showdown which was a Heads Up Drag Race for cars from 1957 to 1974. I sold it off back in 1988 and started the National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) which was owned by Comp Cams back then. The NMCA was another Heads Up Drag Racing Event but it was looking for the World's Quickest Street Legal Vehicles.

I got out of race promotions back in 1991. At that time we were living in Memphis, Tn. and my wife and I were in Darlington, SC doing an Event and the girl that we hired left our sons (ages 2 & 4) at day care. Day car closed at 6:00pm and we got a call from them at 9:15pm that she never came to pick up the boys. I loaned her one of my cars while we were gone and she ended up wrecking it on the other side of the city. She even took the emergency cash I left just in case something came up. Day Care kept the boys that weekend but once we got home my wife said NEVER again and quit the NMCA. She moved back to Ohio, got her job back at the Post Office, came back to TN one month later and took the kids back to Ohio. I stayed one more month and quit to be with my family.

I did one more Event in 1995 but it got rained out and I lost my enthusiasm. Well my youngest son (he is almost 20 now), has been hounding me to do Promotions once more because he says he does not remember me doing this. The only way he even knows that I did such a thing is by the Car Magazine Articles that they received back then. Between the two Events from 1985 to 1991 they got on the Front Cover of 17 National Car Magazines and were featured inside 32 of them. All I can add is that I hope we are smiled on this year for the new Events.

Regards
Chuck

JimmyH
01-21-08, 12:33 PM
Welcome Chuck.

kfx
01-23-08, 04:50 PM
Kurt, from Monroe, town of about 11,000 just a few miles from the IL border in southcentral WI. I've been on the cts forum for a while, just discovered this group, this is great being able to talk to fellow midwesterners. I work at UW-Madison (GO BADGERS) doing IT for university housing. We're the guys that keep the internet working for all the students in the halls and have to slap them down when they get caught doing illegal filesharing.

You should all plan on going to the midwest meet in Davenport, IA in April, Nick did a nice job setting up the one last year in Des Moines. We only had about 15 cars show up, but we had a blast, let's see if we can double that number this year.

Got an 03 raven sport lux, it's my midlife crisis (I got divorced last year), been having a great time modding. Posted a couple of pics, but they are old, since then I've added 18" Helo tease wheels, Borla dual exhaust, smoked sidemarker lights and finished my Alpine stereo install. I'll post newer pics when the weather warms up.

kfx
01-23-08, 05:07 PM
BTW, anybody ever hear of Cheese Days in Monroe, WI? It's a 3 day festival held in Sept. in even numbered years. Green County is one of the largest cheese producing areas in the world and they have this huge celebration that involves cheese, beer, brats, beer, polka, beer, blues music, beer, yodeling, beer, a 2 hr. parade on Sun., beer - you get the idea. We usually get about 100,000 people in town over the weekend. Would be a great place for a bunch of midwest caddy owners to have a nice fall get-together. Only problem is the lodging in the area gets booked up months ahead of time, but hey I've got plenty of room for a bunch of people to crash on the floor, couch, chair, wherever.

Cheese Days
http://www.cheesedays.com/

On the odd numbered years in Sept. the local brewery sponsors a huge blues festival that is starting gain a reputation in the midwest as being a must-see blues event. If you're a blues fan, last fall's event featured Sonny Landreth & James Cotton, plus a bunch of other great bands. In the past they've had Roomful of Blues, W.C. Clark, Pinetop Perkins, to name a few.

Berghoff & Blues
http://www.berghoffbeer.com/berghoffandblues/

jasonShoup
01-24-08, 12:15 PM
I was born over in Indiana, but I live in Los Angeles now.

JimmyH
01-24-08, 01:00 PM
Actually, mid life crisis would have been a CTS-V :D

kfx
01-29-08, 11:37 AM
Actually, mid life crisis would have been a CTS-V :DUnfortunately, the extra monthly payment I need for a V goes to the ex in the form of child support :rant2:

N0DIH
01-29-08, 08:42 PM
Get her back so you can get the V?:banghead:

:bang2:

kfx
01-30-08, 12:40 PM
Get her back so you can get the V?:banghead:
:bang2:

lol, i'd rather take my chances robbing a bank :gun:

N0DIH
01-30-08, 04:08 PM
Hello!! :getaway:

lol, i'd rather take my chances robbing a bank :gun:

Ronster
02-29-08, 02:16 PM
Hi all, Ron in Lake County ILL. new to the Cadillac owners experience, although I very nearly bought an ETC a few years ago (things just didn't work out). originally from Wisconsin, just north of Janesville so I know a few of the areas discussed so far.
got the midwest meet marked on my calendar, maybe see some of you there.
rg

N0DIH
03-01-08, 04:33 PM
I work in Lake County.... About 5 miles from the county building on Milwaukee and Winchester.... Follow Winchester to Technology Way, hang a left, and I work at the end of the road!

Ronster
03-02-08, 11:19 PM
N0DIH - yes, I know the area fairly well. we may have crossed paths on occasion.
read your profile and wonder if you know of tracks around here where one could get timed (1/4 mile, maybe road course?). does great lakes still have grudge nights? I would like to find out just how quick the new DI car is. guess I could wait til the midwest meet.
thanks.
rg

JimmyH
03-03-08, 06:16 PM
Hi all, Ron in Lake County ILL. new to the Cadillac owners experience, although I very nearly bought an ETC a few years ago (things just didn't work out). originally from Wisconsin, just north of Janesville so I know a few of the areas discussed so far.
rg

hay :welcomeJimmyH:

I live in Round Lake.

N0DIH
03-05-08, 02:48 AM
I hit Pep Boys there once in a while... A friend of mine lives near there too. He has a 70 Monte Carlo for sale too if anyone is interested. Needs lots of work, but would be a killer car when done.... Love them long hood rides...

96Fleetwood
03-05-08, 09:00 AM
Come join the West of the Lake CLC!

http://www.westofthelakeclc.com/

CadillacGurl
03-10-08, 02:46 PM
I hit Pep Boys there once in a while... A friend of mine lives near there too. He has a 70 Monte Carlo for sale too if anyone is interested. Needs lots of work, but would be a killer car when done.... Love them long hood rides...

Pictures??

kfx
03-18-08, 05:30 PM
rg

Where is lake county? Anywhere near Crystal Lake? I've got a buddy who lives there, really nice area, lots of great golf courses.

JimmyH
03-18-08, 08:32 PM
Lake County is the farthest northeast, bordering WI. I am in Round Lake, about 20 minutes south of the WI border. Crystal Lake is about 1/2 hour southwest of me.

kfx
03-19-08, 12:21 PM
Lake County is the farthest northeast, bordering WI. I am in Round Lake, about 20 minutes south of the WI border. Crystal Lake is about 1/2 hour southwest of me.

I did a map to round lake and see where you're at, about 2 hrs. away from me in Monroe. I've been to several golf courses in that woodstock, crystal lake, harvard area to the sw of you.

I see from the other thread that you're plannin to go to the meet in davenport, look forward to meeting you and checking out your cts.

N0DIH
03-19-08, 12:29 PM
We moved a couple months ago to Rockford, but I work in Lake County near 45 and 176 (between 176 and 137 on 45)...

JimmyH
03-19-08, 02:55 PM
I am on the corner of 134 and Wilson.

digitalseance
03-28-08, 08:00 PM
I'm in Bloomington, IL writing java code for a major auto insurance company and sport an 03 escalade and an 02 wrx. I'm going to be getting rid of the 'lade unfortunately. If it doesn't sell then I'll hang around. :) My hobby is autocrossing the subaru and the escalade has cut into the race tire budget harder than anticipated. It's definitely a great tow vehicle and has done the job quite well. Feels good to sit in the nice leather after standing up all day in the sun! :)

I do custom java applications on the side as well. For a full blown "bio" (if you will) then check out my website.

AJxtcman
03-29-08, 11:10 AM
Hello i am Guy,

I live in Milwuakee and drive a 2003 Escalade. I work for harley-Davidson and also do some boxing.

Guyz1996deville What plant you work at? I am Jay, from milwaukee/waukesha area, work at Harley and drive a 2001 Catera 1st owner, I am hoping Santa will bring a CTS-V, if not i am still saving up for one.

Hey guy's I live in Tosa work at Crest Cadillac and use this for my test track.
I am very very careful and save when using my test road. :shhh:
I make runs only certain days and times. :shhh:
Please do not share the location. I make safe runs. :shhh:

URbE2xi-BvE

ZVfXwRXZtGo

JimmyH
03-30-08, 11:48 PM
Hey guy's I live in Tosa work at Crest Cadillac and use this for my test track.
I am very very careful and save when using my test road. :shhh:
I make runs only certain days and times. :shhh:
Please do not share the location. I make safe runs. :shhh:

So when my diff explodes, are you the guy I should see? :D

oh and welcome!

mnviking
04-28-08, 10:43 PM
Well it's nice to see one or two others from Minnesooooota here. I've always admired Cadillacs and I just bought my first one last Friday. I traded my 2000 Suburban for a Diamond White 2001 Deville DHS and so far I'm loving it! I'm looking forward to some warmer weather here to get the car all cleaned up and enjoy some cruising.

GizmoQ
04-29-08, 04:08 AM
Well it's nice to see one or two others from Minnesooooota here. I've always admired Cadillacs and I just bought my first one last Friday. I traded my 2000 Suburban for a Diamond White 2001 Deville DHS and so far I'm loving it! I'm looking forward to some warmer weather here to get the car all cleaned up and enjoy some cruising.

Welcome to the forum.

jdobbstl
10-29-08, 03:54 PM
I recently purchased my '08 CTS DI. It is by far the nicest car I've ever owned. All things considered, I have only had my license since 2002. I have worked my ass off to afford this awesome car.

I live in metropolitan St. Louis, MO.

Pics attached:

GizmoQ
10-29-08, 09:21 PM
I recently purchased my '08 CTS DI. It is by far the nicest car I've ever owned. All things considered, I have only had my license since 2002. I have worked my ass off to afford this awesome car.

I live in metropolitan St. Louis, MO.

Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home. If there's ever any reference material you're looking for that you can't find via "search" shoot me a PM.

__________________________________________________ ______

When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imagehosting/131074908f29ae33b5.jpghttp://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imagehosting/131074908f29a07cc4.jpg

N0DIH
10-30-08, 12:21 AM
Nice shots with the Arch in there! I grew up in Bridgeton and my wife in Hazelwood (Hasslewood as we called it...)

Welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home. If there's ever any reference material you're looking for that you can't find via "search" shoot me a PM.

__________________________________________________ ______

When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imagehosting/131074908f29ae33b5.jpghttp://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/imagehosting/131074908f29a07cc4.jpg

jdobbstl
10-30-08, 01:13 AM
I appreciate the warm welcome. Thank you, thank you.

JimmyH
11-02-08, 11:53 AM
:welcomeJimmyH:

beauty on the CTS, you could have done FAR worse! Here's to many years of driving excitement...

ifmracin
11-25-08, 12:20 PM
Iowa - Waterloo

Picked up my '05 STS 1SF a bit over a month ago.

CaptainFishpond
12-06-08, 04:25 PM
Hello all, Im Tim from the greater Cleveland area. I have loved Cadillacs for about 5 years now, everybody that knows me knows I am all about the Caddys. I work at a local salvage yard specializing in performance vehicles so Im pretty familiar with the V series lacs, but I love older DeVilles, Eldos, and Sevilles most of all.

Coma
12-23-08, 12:13 PM
Hello, Tim!

I am also from the greater Cleveland area. I am still waiting to be approached by another member on this forum IRL. Maybe one day...

JimmyH
12-23-08, 02:41 PM
If I approach you, do you accept reacharounds?

Bones05CTS
12-29-08, 04:30 PM
WoW.

bstiffmanofsteel
02-11-09, 11:42 PM
Hello Ladies and Gent, I'm Joe from Elmhurst IL, I also spend lots of time in St. Paul MN. I currently drive an 02 Escalade previously a 94 Eldorado. I drove that thing for 6 years and loved it more than most gfs... Wanted a SUV got a Trailblazer then returned to Cadillac. Nice to meet you all!

N0DIH
02-12-09, 12:15 AM
So you pass by now and then through my construction mess in Rockford, IL.... Lovely isn't it? Someday it will be I hope.....

bigdad2201
03-03-09, 05:28 PM
Hi to all. I'm new to the Forum and a new Cadillac owner and in the Great Lakes region. I am in Indiana. I am 22 years old. My wife and I just purchased a 1996 Cadillac Seville STS. I am looking to find some other people in my area just to chat about our Cadillacs. Maybe get some advice in maintenance and repair. Or just to trade stories. Look forward to hearing from you all.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
03-03-09, 09:20 PM
Come hang out with us in August. So far it looks like we will have a good turnout but the more the merrier. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/great-lakes/162234-chicago-meet-august.html

Best Regards,
JD

eXile
04-06-09, 12:50 PM
Hey guys, Matt here 17, just purchased a '99 STS.

Planning on coming to the '09 Chicago meet, can't wait to try the STS WOT btw. :bouncy:

I live in Barrington, and yes for those who were mentioning golf courses, golf is a pretty big thing for you older men that need something to do on the weekends. :rolleyes:

Seems like everyone is either north, west, or southeast of me, anyone from around my area?

Lookin' forward to crushin all the kids civics and other ricers sittin in my schools parking lot and still cruise away in style.

See you guys at the Chicago meet! :thumbsup:

Redxped1
04-06-09, 01:51 PM
bloomingdale here 06 stsv

06_cadillac_pimpin
04-06-09, 02:42 PM
hey all, im here in mo, just bought a 2006 dts gold with tan leather looking forward to all the meets that are semi close by

JimmyH
04-07-09, 09:58 AM
welcome!

check my sig. There is meet coming up in August. Hope you enjoy the DTS; I had one as a loaner once, sweet ride.

GLaPak
06-06-09, 10:38 PM
Hello everyone, My name is Garrett. I drive a 2001 deville dts, black on black. I live in vernon hills, IL.

ThumperPup
06-11-09, 12:43 PM
Hi im not sure if i have introduce myself yet i dont think i have

IM Ross
My friends know me as Thumper or Pup

I have a 2000 Seville SLS
im From

Cleveland Ohio

Curently in the proccess of getting parts and then addice a factory Navi unit from a 2002 plus into my 2000 Seville

nlharter
07-15-09, 07:08 PM
Howdy all. Checking in from SW Missouri. Just bought an 07 STS-V from Elco in St. Louis. Love'n it. I rarely see an STS in this area, let alone a V.

Beverly Stayart
07-16-09, 05:43 PM
Hi, I live in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.

JimmyH
07-22-09, 05:22 PM
welcome to the newcomers, sorry for the delay!

GolfKahuna
08-12-09, 09:34 PM
Howdy to everyone! I'm in Independence, MO! Just recently bought an 04 CTS and really enjoying ride. Check out the pics in my album. Previous ride was an 07 Jeep Patriot. My dad has always owned a Chevy and I was the first to stray when I bought a 77 Mustang, what a mistake! Had nothing but trouble with it so I traded it for an 82 Firebird, Knight Rider model. Anyway, I hope to meet some new friends here and if anyone plays golf in the area, give me a hollar!

JimmyH
08-13-09, 01:02 AM
welcome, check out the Chicago meet thread, gary88 is planning a golf outing Sunday 30th

osu411yamaha
09-01-09, 07:20 AM
Hello all,
I have been causing trouble on these forums for a few months now so I figured it was time to introduce myself. My name is Jon and I live in Columbus, OH. I graduated from Ohio State in 2006 with a degree in Nutrition with intentions of going to medical school. After deciding being a doctor wasn't for me I have been trying hard to figure out my calling in life, but still am yet to get there. I have one quarter to go for completion of a second degree in Molecular Genetics.

I started loving Cadillacs at about the age of 16 seeing my grandma drive a newer 1996 loaded red Eldorado. My first car was a $500 Hyundai, but when I quickly blew it up I knew foreign cars weren't for me. I then purchased a 1991 S-10 and customized it to the max. I had a TV in it before people even thought of screens in cars. Proudly the majority of work I did myself. I ended up selling that to a good friend who didn't take care of it. I decided then that if I am going to put that much work in a car I am going to drive it until the wheels fall off. A guy I went to high school with drove a 1996 Cadillac STS and I wanted one bad. After selling the S-10 I tried hard to get one, but was a few thousand dollars short. I ended up settling for a 1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi that was loaded. I drove it until it wouldn't drive anymore and developed a strong love for GM products. After that I bought another S-10, but still had dreams of that Cadillac STS. This past January I was fortunate enough to finally find a good deal on a 2000 Cadillac STS. I have done some customization to it including in-dash screen and 20 inch wheels. I plan to drive this one until it also doesn't drive anymore.

If you have read any of my posts in the forum thus far you can tell I am not afraid to go against the grain and speak up when I have a strong opinion about something. Contrary to the vibe this might give off I am actually a nice guy and will do anything to help another in need. I also feel strongly about doing as much work as possible myself on my cars or anything else for that matter. I go by the motto "Never pay another man to do a job you can learn to do yourself". Sometimes though this gets me in trouble and I end up like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor......

Best regards,
OSU411 (Jon)

GizmoQ
09-01-09, 03:29 PM
Welcome all!

JimmyH
09-01-09, 04:05 PM
This past January I was fortunate enough to finally find a good deal on a 2000 Cadillac STS. I have done some customization to it including in-dash screen and 20 inch wheels.

Welcome. You should see Gizmo's Eldo :D

osu411yamaha
09-01-09, 07:21 PM
Yes I saw the pics. I want his grill bad!!!!!! Wanna give me a step by step on how to do that gizmo???

MacMuse
09-01-09, 11:15 PM
Yes I saw the pics. I want his grill bad!!!!!! Wanna give me a step by step on how to do that gizmo???

Sell him your 2x4 forms gizmo -- oops, did I give it away

GizmoQ
09-01-09, 11:54 PM
Sell him your 2x4 forms gizmo -- oops, did I give it away

Don't go giving away all my secrets! :sneaky:

There already is V-Series Grille - Eldorado How-To (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/112282-v-series-grille-eldorado-how.html?highlight=v-grille) :D Just be ready to be cut and burned.

mitchjagger
09-09-09, 01:51 PM
Hi all,
My name is Mitch, and I have been on the forums a bit over a year and just found this section :eek:

I live in Green Bay Wisconsin and had recently lived in Port Washington Wisconsin temporary for a internship. I am going to school for network specialist. I am currently 20 and will be 21 in 3 weeks. I am on my second caddy, first was a 97 Deville that I traded in with 150000 miles for a 02 SLS with 55000 miles.

JimmyH
09-09-09, 02:27 PM
welcome to the forums

mcasual91
09-15-09, 02:38 PM
I knew about the forums for a while but never joined(I know shame on me). I am currently 18 and grew up around cadillacs. In my 18 yrs my family has owned 7 cadillacs including my sisters. I am currently driving the magnificent 1991 Cadillac deville. Amazing car, dependable, powerful and luxurious. She's in need of a tune up. She's been beat on a llittle over the summer considering most of my friends drive ricers(had to show them what the 4.9 V8 was all about, she's a sleeper). But I was wondering if the make anything that will improve my performance or are there any mods? I know, Cadillacs are a cruise car not meant for racing but just was wondering.

My moms car is a 1999 cadillac deville with the N* and yes this beat most ricers in town on a blown head gasket and a gallon of coolant everytime it left the drive. But that was fixed but the fans no longer run.

I am from north east ohio by the way.

JimmyH
09-15-09, 02:39 PM
welcome to the forums

EndlessRyd
09-15-09, 04:35 PM
Hey All,
Im Mike... Im 28, and live in IL, about midway between Chicago and Kankakee. Im looking at homes in NW Indiana to escape the high IL taxes! I have an 88 Brougham that I take out on nice weekends in the summer. I love my car, but I would really love a mid-70s Eldo convert. I know its not RWD, but I just love the styling. I work at a large Auto Auction as a vehicle inspector, and love it! I love roadtrips... just got back from a 5500 mile trip through the southwest... not in the Caddy. I also collect license plates from different states... I got all 50 states the first couple weeks of working at the auction, as they throw them away. Id love to make it to one of the Chicago area meets some time.

JimmyH
09-15-09, 07:43 PM
welcome

I came close to buying 1970 Eldo convertible myself once.

D Yaros
11-24-09, 01:41 PM
We are new here, but not necessarily new to Cadillacs. The "we" are Dave & Jean Yaros. We live in Milwaukee.

Our Cads are a 1955 Coupe de Ville (2-tone Gray) with 59K on the odometer, and a 1992 Pearl White Allante w/red stripe & black interior convertible with 50K on the odometer.

We just acquired the Allante this week! It is our first Allante.

We also own a 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 (ebony) convertible. It has 34K on the odometer!

Glad to be here, and look forward to participating.

Dave Yaros
1955 Coupe de Ville
1962 Olds Dynamic 88 convertible
1992 Allante convertible

JimmyH
11-24-09, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the forums! the Coupe de Ville sounds like a beauty

creepingdeath
02-26-10, 11:35 AM
Hey all! My name is Jerry, I'm 35 years old and I'm a Cadillacaholic. I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin and work at MillerCoors in the Brewing department. I joined this site back in 2005 and posted just a few times, however I haven't been back until recently I started looking for a new Caddy ride to replace my ailing '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager. I was lurking around this site until one day it occured to me that I may have registered. I typed in my login and what I thought would be my password...lo and behold I was in! So about little more than 4 years later I'm back!
On 02-20-10 I bought a 2006 DTS Luxury II black on black w/ 19400 miles. I absolutely love this car. I also have a '67 Coupe DeVille w/ 78,000 miles that I've owned going on 5 years now. Awesome summer cruiser, originally from California. I'll get some pics up as soon as I figure it out.

JimmyH
02-26-10, 02:17 PM
Welcome back. We have lots of midwest meets. You are more than welcome to join us, provided you bring some souvenirs from work :D

Ranger
03-01-10, 03:14 PM
Welcome back.

POS VETT
03-26-10, 11:33 AM
I suppose I need to introduce ourselves here :)

My wife and I bought a '05 Cadillac CTS-V just two weeks ago (joined the forum not long before). It is our first Cadillac and so far I have tried to disable some of its electronics. The car came with Borla exhaust and K&N intake which are nice bonuses. We have a racing background as we autocross our '08 Z06 on regular basis. I also drift the Z06 on rare occasions.

The CTS-V is meant to be my daily driver (wife has an M3 as a daily driver) and it will continue to be modified/updated to be quicker and to corner harder. Here are some pictures of the CTS-V and the last two are pictures of the stable :D

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/2003BlackZ06/2005%20CTS-V/ReDSC_9725.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/2003BlackZ06/2005%20CTS-V/ReDSC_9723.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/2003BlackZ06/2005%20CTS-V/ReDSC_9717.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/posvett/Z06-M3-CTSV-Silverado/ReDSC_9788.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/posvett/Z06-M3-CTSV-Silverado/ReDSC_9805.jpg

GizmoQ
03-26-10, 02:37 PM
Great looking stable. Welcome. "Daily driver" doesn't mean not raced/driven like it was meant to be. ;)

JimmyH
03-26-10, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forums. That's a nice collection (except for the sauerkraut-burner ;)) We are meeting up in Minneapolis in a few months if you are interested. Though that would be quite a drive for you.

POS VETT
03-26-10, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys :)

I suppose Minneapolis is quite a drive from here. Besides, it coincides with the 5-week vacation we have been planning anyway. Maybe next year :)

JimmyH
03-26-10, 08:22 PM
We have meets pretty much twice a year, so there is always next time ;)

Deefuzz
05-17-10, 01:31 AM
Just got done writing my introduction in the newbie area.

I'm a brand new driver of a black 2008 STS out in St. Charles, MO.

GizmoQ
05-17-10, 03:58 PM
Just got done writing my introduction in the newbie area.

I'm a brand new driver of a black 2008 STS out in St. Charles, MO.

Not to far from me.

WELCOME to the forum.

Jesda
05-17-10, 09:12 PM
STL, sup.

JimmyH
05-18-10, 01:09 AM
watch out for Jesda, he has a tendency to molest newbs.

perfectlyfrank
10-11-10, 08:20 PM
I'm from the NW Suburbs of Chicago. I just bought a 2011 CTS Coupe. I also have a 2009 Corvette.

GizmoQ
10-11-10, 11:51 PM
Nice ride and welcome.

Jesda
10-12-10, 05:52 AM
watch out for Jesda, he has a tendency to molest newbs.

And seniors :jesda:

JimmyH
10-12-10, 06:26 PM
Not much has changed.

And welcome to the forums frank. We had better see you and your cts at the next meet.

Ranger
10-15-10, 11:27 PM
:yeah:

:welcome:

ThumperPup
10-16-10, 12:03 PM
Yo welcome

mister bob
10-20-10, 05:14 PM
Hi guys, I'm Bob from N.E. Ohio. I just bought my first Caddy, an 09 CTS. For the past several years I have been lurking around the Dodge Stealth, 3000GT forums since I own one of each and they are both twin turbo's. I hope to spend more time here and get to this car and you guys better.

Bob-

JimmyH
10-24-10, 02:11 PM
welcome to the forums. I dont mind saying that this forum blows away any other auto forum out there. 09CTS is a great car. I had one. It was too luxurious for me, but a superior machine nonetheless.

Ranger
10-25-10, 11:24 PM

03cts86monte
11-17-10, 08:14 PM
Hello All,

My name is Roy, I live in Northwest Indiana, about 30 mins south of Chicago. I Bought my 2003 Cadillac CTS August 2009. And love it every day I drive it lol. A few Mods I have done are, Professional Tinting 20% all the way around, Painted and Cleared Tailights, not that cheap tint in a can. Blacked out Fogs and side markers. OEM CTS-V grille not a knock off and lower mesh grille to match, Front license plate delete, Painted calipers. and after the weather brakes Ill be purchasing wheels and tires.

P.S. Looking to get some kinda meet set up for my area let me know if anyone is interested.

Roy

GizmoQ
11-17-10, 10:34 PM
My name is Roy, I live in Northwest Indiana, about 30 mins south of Chicago. I Bought my 2003 Cadillac CTS August 2009.

P.S. Looking to get some kinda meet set up for my area let me know if anyone is interested.

Welcome Roy, be careful what you ask for around here. My area has four corners: Memphis, KC, Chicago, and Indy. We have several forum meets a year in "my area" - Chicago Auto Show Weekend, CadillacForrums.Com Midwest meet, and various and sundry test &tune, dyno days, as well as car specific (read "V" meets).

As far as local weekly/monthly recurring gatherings, you're on you own there. I suggest you find the biggest hot rod cruise-in and network.

Again welcome to the forum, join in and have fun. We'll keep you posted on the top two meets above.

Giz

PGH STEELERS
11-18-10, 11:41 AM
Hi, I'm new from Westerville, Ohio and just purchased an 08 CTS AWD 3.6 DI and so far really love this car except for a few minor things, like between the sunroof and the window behind it makes sound while driving and my exhaust rattles when idling at light. Other than that this car is way too comfortable. I own an 06 Pontiac GTO, a 79 Pontiac Firebird Formula (403 big block) and yes I'm a Pontiac lover. I purchased this car cause it's a GM product and will always by GM. Here are some pictures of my car, enjoy. http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/PGHSteelers/P1010005-9.jpg http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/PGHSteelers/P1010004-9.jpg http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/PGHSteelers/P1010006-9.jpg http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/PGHSteelers/P1010001-12.jpgRead more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=114534&ktrack=kcplinkRead more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=114534&ktrack=kcplink

JimmyH
11-22-10, 07:00 PM
welcome to the forums!

TTG
11-30-10, 08:51 AM
They call me Dub. Von Dub really. I'm a Designer/Hot Rod Artist from Norther Wisconsin. I was raised on Eldorados! Drove my first at 16. 1978.... Oh what a joy. Dad hated Cadillacs and everything the stood for. But Grandpa on the other hand wouldn't drive anything else. I've owned 4 DeVilles, Seville, Allante, Cimarron, 5 Eldorads, including the first one I drove, and the dreaded Diesel. Currently driving a 1993 Eldorado Sport the deal was too good to pass up! If I had more room I'd probably still have the Allante or 2. lol Everyone that knows me knows everything I do is Cadillac Style ;)

JimmyH
11-30-10, 07:33 PM
welcome to the forums dub

tylersloan
12-18-10, 04:32 AM
hi in tyler from peoria illinois i own a dark blue 85 sedan deville right now my grandpa bought Lillian brand new and im the second owner .
the only options she dont have is leather and wires im really glad grandpa payed the extra for an astro roof .
in trying to find a 85 coupe in the big body style will take one running or not must have astro roof also if y'all find one let me know really would love to get one with triple dark blue .

abazaba410
01-04-11, 11:51 AM
Hey Im Art from Novi, MI I just bought a 07 CTS. Its my first Cadi and so far I love it. I came from a 08 Evo X. But that POS broke and my dad works for GM so I get the foreign car speach every now and again. Just ordered a double din, remote start, and tints to be installed Thursday. I dont know which model my car is... Its not a sport but other than that I have no clue.

JimmyH
01-04-11, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forums. As someone who owned both an 06 CTS and 09 CTS4, I can tell you, if I had to get one back, it would be the 06 CTS. Mine was having TC problems, which is the only reason I got rid of it. Other than that, great, great car.

cadillac kevin
01-19-11, 01:01 AM
Hi guys. My names Kevin and I'm from St. Louis, MO. I own a 1986 fleetwood brougham. I bought my Cadillac in April 2010 and have put a few thousand miles on it since then. Its decently optioned, not too much, but it does have a nice leather interior and wire baskets. I would say well optioned, but cadillacs come with so many "options" standard (cruise, digital climate control, twilight sentinel, etc) .
Its hands down the nicest car I have ever driven. There's nothing like the comfort only an old cadillac can bring to the driver while cruising around, not to mention how easy it is to drive. It's currently down for an engine and trans swap (350 chevy 4 bolt main/ 700r4 trans), but I hope to have it back up and driving around by March.

N0DIH
01-19-11, 03:23 AM
I grew up in STL, still miss it there.

Hi guys. My names Kevin and I'm from St. Louis, MO. I own a 1986 fleetwood brougham. I bought my Cadillac in April 2010 and have put a few thousand miles on it since then. Its decently optioned, not too much, but it does have a nice leather interior and wire baskets. I would say well optioned, but cadillacs come with so many "options" standard (cruise, digital climate control, twilight sentinel, etc) .
Its hands down the nicest car I have ever driven. There's nothing like the comfort only an old cadillac can bring to the driver while cruising around, not to mention how easy it is to drive. It's currently down for an engine and trans swap (350 chevy 4 bolt main/ 700r4 trans), but I hope to have it back up and driving around by March.

JimmyH
01-19-11, 06:06 PM
welcome to the forums!

Big Windy Ext
01-25-11, 09:32 AM
Hi !! Jerry from Downers Grove Il. 07 EXT . My first Caddy was a 1970 Sedan Deville that my brother and Dad owned .I used it as a service truck doing side work that has blossomed over 15 years into a small business that gave me the ability to buy the EXT .

GizmoQ
01-25-11, 02:59 PM
Hi !! Jerry from Downers Grove Il. 07 EXT . My first Caddy was a 1970 Sedan Deville that my brother and Dad owned .I used it as a service truck doing side work that has blossomed over 15 years into a small business that gave me the ability to buy the EXT .

Welcome to the forum and feel free to join us for the Auto Show on the 19th of next month.

JimmyH
01-25-11, 08:46 PM
Welcome. My son has an EXT. Well, the Powerwheels version anyway.

C/O TS
01-29-11, 04:00 AM
Hello, my name is Thomas. I'm from Joliet, IL and I just bought my first luxury car, an '05 DeVille. I use to repo for a small company and I've wanted a Cadillac ever since I had to drive one back to our yard. I can't remember what model it was, but it was so smooth that I didn't even notice that it had 80K+ on the odometer until I got back. Other than that, I think about the only other person in my family that owned a Cadillac was my grandfather (told me it was the best car made before he passed). I hope that this car keeps me smiling like it has so far.

JimmyH
01-30-11, 01:32 PM
DeVille/DTS are a great car. They are not very exciting, and not really my kind of car, but the newer ones are reliable as the day is long, and sooooo smooth. The northstar has a checkered past, but if you got a good one, that engine will last forever.

lil doe
03-21-11, 02:55 AM
2005 CTS in Cin, oh just got my first one!!!!!!!!!!

JimmyH
03-21-11, 07:00 PM
congrats and welcome to the forums. I had an 06 myself, so I know you are going to like it.

FFBOS
03-22-11, 04:57 PM
New to forum, just picked up a 09 black raven V. black on black, tinted windows, jake skulls on the rear windows. Going to have satin graphite rims on it soon. I'm in the northwest burbs

JimmyH
03-22-11, 06:29 PM
Congrats on the v and welcome. Where in nw? I am in round lake work in Schiller park. Keep you ears open for the next meet.

FFBOS
03-23-11, 08:37 AM
I'm in Elk Grove Village, soon to be Mt. Prospect.

JimmyH
03-23-11, 01:46 PM
mt prospect. ever eat at Russells? it's on algonquin.

FFBOS
03-24-11, 12:27 AM
Yup, haven't been there in years though

JimmyH
03-24-11, 03:47 PM
you owe it yourself to get re-acquainted.

JimmyH
03-24-11, 03:48 PM
they are planning a V meet in Indy

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/219111-indy-v-meet-saturday-april-16-a.html

MoneyMike313
03-25-11, 10:06 AM
Hello everyone, just got my first 07 CTS, I love the car. Couldn't be happier. Looking forward to this forum, and nice to meet you all. :)

JimmyH
03-25-11, 05:35 PM
welcome to the forum. great car. what color? I had an 06 White Diamond with the sport package. It was a great car. I miss it.

MoneyMike313
03-27-11, 10:02 AM
welcome to the forum. great car. what color? I had an 06 White Diamond with the sport package. It was a great car. I miss it.

Thanks

Silver out Black in I'll post a picture soon

GizmoQ
03-27-11, 02:41 PM
Spring is coming ... so they tell me. I know this has been a strange winter, but let's all hope it comes to an end soon.

With that said, the first event of the Spring for our area is the Indy "V" meet (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/219111-indy-v-meet-saturday-april-16-a-2.html) at 2PM on Saturday April 16th at Rick's Boatyard Cafe, 4050 Dandy Trail, Indianapolis, IN 46254. (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&expIds=17259,17315,23628,23670,25041,26761,26849,2 7520,27846,28061,28095&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&cp=4&wrapid=tljp129441767388908&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,8804046046008729406&fb=1&hq=rick%27s+boatyard+cafe&hnear=Zionsville,+IN&gl=us&daddr=4050+Dandy+Trail,+Indianapolis,+IN+46254&geocode=14933286445589876676,39.827939,-86.300923&ei=AT8nTY3VGsP_lgefvsyDAg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=directions-to&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QngIwAQ)

Cars will be coming in from St. Louis, Chicago, Dayton, Cleveland, Louisville, etc. And sponsors are coming on board daily. Lockhart Cadillac is supposed to bring two new "V"s for participants to test drive.

Even if you don't have a "V", this is a must see event if you can make it.

JimmyH
03-27-11, 05:55 PM
I am gonna try to be there.

DDS rollin a CTS
03-30-11, 12:20 AM
Two things:

First, I just picked up an 07 CTS-V a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely LOVE it and have been dreaming of this car for almost 6 years.

Second, if anyone was thinking of comming to the V meet in Indy and wants to make a weekend of it, the Indy SCCA has invited us to come join their autocross event the following day at Lucas Oil Raceway (aka ORP aka IRP). If youre interested more info can be found here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/225944-indy-scca-joins-indy-v-meet.html

Stiggy
05-23-11, 10:54 PM
Just joined the site today, and don't have my Cadillac...yet. lol

I am going on Friday to pick up my first Cadillac, a 2004 DeVille DTS. Oh, and I'm in Appleton, Wisconsin. :)

GizmoQ
05-23-11, 11:51 PM
Just joined the site today, and don't have my Cadillac...yet. lol

I am going on Friday to pick up my first Cadillac, a 2004 DeVille DTS. Oh, and I'm in Appleton, Wisconsin. :)

Welcome to the forum

Ranger
05-23-11, 11:54 PM
Congrats! You're gonna love it.

JimmyH
05-24-11, 01:41 PM
welcome. DTS is a nice car.

jdmhvac3
06-26-11, 05:00 PM
Hey all ....Name is Jim i live in Mchenry,il i just got a 91 deville and i love it (will like it more when i get it running right)

JimmyH
06-26-11, 08:14 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

GizmoQ
06-27-11, 01:05 AM
:Welcome: You'll find this place has a vast repository of info for whatever ails your car.

Get ready to :search: :search: :search: :search: !

Ranger
06-28-11, 10:29 PM
Hi neighbor! :welcome:

Rodya234
06-30-11, 12:18 AM
Hey all ....Name is Jim i live in Mchenry,il i just got a 91 deville and i love it (will like it more when i get it running right)

Welcome! :welcome:

I have (had?) a '91 deVille as well, they're great cars and I hope you enjoy yours!

Tlorenzen
07-05-11, 05:17 AM
Howdy boys, ive been on here couple months now, not many of you know me, im pretty useless on the informatino but i try with what i can and have learned alot since joinin. I love this place. Im from western Illinois, 1 hour straight west of peoria. Im driving my first cadillac ever (2006 CTS) which was given to me by my dad. Idk if im the youngest one in here but you can all laugh as im only 17 :lildevil:

JimmyH
07-06-11, 05:28 PM
welcome to the forum

Torxila
07-07-11, 05:46 PM
Hey ALL

George Gray here, got (Feb 9th) a special order (1 of 1) EVO Green with RB9 yellow brembos/Satin Graphite wheels,2011 V Coupe, 6m trans,Ebony Safron Recaros, Sapelle Wood, Suede Shifter and wheel. Have Done tint, and have pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, D3 Larger Heat Exchanger, D3 drop springs, cam etc to be installed late fall.

63yr old, semi retired, sales, (auto industry tier2 tooling supplier), Farmington Hills MI.
Going in for my 3rd operation (July 18th) since April (replace right knee AGAIN), so been a sh!tty spring/summer so far but looking to a great fall.
We like to meet new folks, gear heads just to shoot the breeze, back road blasts, dinners etc.

Anybody going to Woodward Ave? Hopefully I'll be driving by then.

Nice to see some new faces.

Regards,
George

JimmyH
07-07-11, 09:51 PM
welcome! sweet V. paint those calipers silver and it will be perfect!

RJStol
07-09-11, 03:08 PM
High everyone

I'm new to posting, but I have been lurking for a while now. I've just got (about a month and 1/2 ago) a 2010 Black STS4. She had 19K miles on it. I wished it could have been a V, but I live in Grand Rapids Mich and need to be able to drive it during the winter-- that's why the 4. I'm a 57 year old Lawyer and this is my 3rd STS. I grew up in a GM family, my dad being a GM exec who got to choose his company car every year. He liked the Buick 225's -- so I got the bug for GM luxury.

Funny thing, on the day I was picking up my STS, my wife who just retired, found (and I bought for her) a 2000 Pewter Corvette coupe with 19K miles. It is immaculate and she loves it. Good thing too, she has left my STS alone-- preferring to drive her "child".

We just took the STS for a 1500 mile road trip to Oklahoma and other places. It Was GREAT. I do miss the V8 a bit, but the gearing of the V6 is not too bad-still plenty of power to get into trouble . I run the STS with an Escort 9500ci installed detector, which comes in handy at times. (The vette's got an escort 9500xi windshield mount-- just in case).

I'll try to upload pics later.

Take care --
Dick

JimmyH
07-09-11, 03:16 PM
nice ride. welcome to the forums!

RJStol
07-09-11, 03:45 PM
Thanks--

When I got the STS, I was getting a little angry at all of the GM badmouthing, so I go an "Imported From Detroit" Bumper sticker and put it on the back. I know it is a Chrysler add, but it makes the right kind of statement.

Got tired of all the BMW, Audi, Lexus, and Mercedes owners thinking they were patriotic--

Here is the wife's Vette

JimmyH
07-09-11, 05:49 PM
I am with you. Folks who think GM and chrysler should just go away are going to be facing a sad truth when the rest of the manufacturing in this country dies.

I don't really like any chrysler product, but I give them credit for the imported from detroit tagline. Great marketing.
I made a pact with myself that I want to buy domestic, or if it is an import, at least something that's assembled here.

bigburban
07-25-11, 06:04 PM
From northern Minnesota just picked up a new to me 2008 sts-v. Love it.

JimmyH
07-25-11, 09:56 PM
even though you been here a while, welcome to the forums and the land of V

blkvcts09
10-31-11, 04:24 PM
Hello from Southern Illinois!! We are a CTS-V 09 family. Have owned a bunch of muscle cars and sports cars over the years. Raced with the SCCA for 11 yr. i'm considering takeing the V to a HPDE but my wife is a little worried about that. I'm iterested if there are any Cadillac shows or meet and greets anywhere near sched for 2012?

JimmyH
10-31-11, 05:06 PM
Welcome. A small group of us should be getting together for the chicago auto show.

GizmoQ
10-31-11, 08:47 PM
Hello from Southern Illinois!! We are a CTS-V 09 family. Have owned a bunch of muscle cars and sports cars over the years. Raced with the SCCA for 11 yr. i'm considering takeing the V to a HPDE but my wife is a little worried about that. I'm iterested if there are any Cadillac shows or meet and greets anywhere near sched for 2012?

What part of So. Il ? I'm near Belleville in St Clair County. There are no "organized V events" down here, I usually hang out with the folks in Chicago. St Louis has quite a few as well as an STL chapter of SCCA.

D Yaros
11-13-11, 01:35 PM
I have been on this forum for quite a while. Even so, I have not introduced myself here. The name is Dave Yaros. I am in Milwaukee, WI. I have 2 Cadddys; a 1955 Coupe de Ville and a 1992 Allante. I also own a 1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 convertible. The '55 CDV has her own web site - http://GrayLadyWebNG.com. So does the '62 Olds - http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros

I am a "hands on" sort of guy when it comes to cars. So much so that I have a 2-post lift in my garage.

I also edit and publish an online only, no ad newsletter that discusses the car collector hobby every month. It is titled Car Collector Chronicles. For anyone wanting to take a look, you will find it at - http://www.scribd.com/people/view/7936333-dave (http://www.scribd.com/people/view/7936333-dave)

I am a member of the Cadillac-La Salle Club, the Cadill-Ikes Chapter, the Chicagoland Allante-XLR Chapter, the Oldsmobile Club of America, the Oldsmobile Club of America-Wisconsin Chapter and the National Antique Oldsmobile Club.

There you have it ... .

GizmoQ
11-13-11, 06:05 PM
We're glad you posted your info, glad to have you.

JimmyH
11-13-11, 07:42 PM
would love to see some pics of the '55. The link you posted does not work for me.

Faber
11-28-11, 02:25 PM
Just realized there was a regional thread out here so I figured I'd post up. The name is Mark & have had the '04 V for a few months now. Working on ironing out the kinks and fixing some things before modding it. So far it has an X pipe, resonators deleted, high-rise hood, and K&N filter.

Loving the V and looking for other owners to meet up with.

JimmyH
11-28-11, 04:40 PM
Welcome from a former 05V owner. i miss it.

GizmoQ
11-28-11, 10:55 PM
Just realized there was a regional thread out here so I figured I'd post up. The name is Mark & have had the '04 V for a few months now. Working on ironing out the kinks and fixing some things before modding it. So far it has an X pipe, resonators deleted, high-rise hood, and K&N filter.

Loving the V and looking for other owners to meet up with.

There are two or three major meets per year: Chicago Auto Show, Summer Midwest meet, and some go to Woodward Dream Cruise. I was lucky enough to attend all three this year. Had a blast!

Oh yeah there was an Indy V meet, too.

Faber
11-29-11, 03:05 PM
There are two or three major meets per year: Chicago Auto Show, Summer Midwest meet, and some go to Woodward Dream Cruise. I was lucky enough to attend all three this year. Had a blast!

Oh yeah there was an Indy V meet, too.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully next year will have as many options.

CoppeR
12-02-11, 12:14 PM
Hi all! Use to have a 04 cts-v, currently demodding my 06 GTO to purchase an 11-12 Cts-v coupe next summer!

curtc
12-06-11, 10:45 PM
Checking in from southeast MN, small town of Northfield just off I-35. Got my first car/Cadillac at 19, a '95 STS, 2nd car was a '01 STS, currently driving a '04 CTS 3.6. I'll never not own one....

Anyone else already sick of winter? I know I am and we haven't gotten much now yet...

JimmyH
12-07-11, 01:49 PM
7 years later, you are just now introducing yourself :D

GizmoQ
12-07-11, 02:35 PM
Maybe he just moved. :florian:

JimmyH
12-07-11, 03:52 PM
People don't move to Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin. They move from here.

CoppeR
12-08-11, 11:04 AM
People don't move to Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin. They move from here.

U got it...Az in 15 years to retire!

rick g
12-10-11, 09:36 AM
I'm the new owner (as of 12 Hrs ago) of a 2011 CTS v Coupe. looking forward to meeting people on the forum. Right now I have to go figure out how to set the radio stations :)

GizmoQ
12-10-11, 02:20 PM
I'm the new owner (as of 12 Hrs ago) of a 2011 CTS v Coupe. looking forward to meeting people on the forum. Right now I have to go figure out how to set the radio stations :)

Welcome, where are you located?

JimmyH
12-10-11, 05:19 PM
welcome to the V and the forums!

rick g
12-10-11, 07:45 PM
Welcome, where are you located?

Spring Grove, IL NW of Chicago @ the WI state line

GizmoQ
12-10-11, 09:27 PM
Spring Grove, IL NW of Chicago @ the WI state line

Then you have no excuse for missing the forum get together for the Chicago Auto Show.

Fra
12-28-11, 12:01 PM
hello everybody! Got a CTS4 3.6DI fully loeaded in October since i moved to Cleveland this past summer from Chicago... Love the car and looking forward to meet some people.

JimmyH
12-29-11, 02:42 PM
welcome. keep an eye out as we are meeting for the Chicago auto show in Feb.

jeff.v
01-11-12, 10:08 AM
New Caddy owner in Cambridge, OH! Any Clubs in Central/Southeastern, Ohio?

mjs182004
03-04-12, 10:34 PM
I never introduced myself here. My name is Matt and I have a 1991 Cadillac Brougham d' Elegance and a 2006 Cadillac STS-V. I live 20 minutes east of Cleveland, Ohio.

MacMuse
03-06-12, 09:24 PM
Nice collection mjs. Ever get them mixed up and cruise luxuriously in the V or punch the Brougham?

mjs182004
03-07-12, 11:46 PM
I always cruise luxuriously in both, and always punch it in the V. The brougham though is still a fun car to punch it. It really throws you back for the first 5 feet, lol

brandeeashlynn
03-13-12, 03:59 PM
i need a tranny solenoid update kit installed in my car does anyone know whre i can get this done for a fair price and have the job done right? i am located in holland mi but i would be willing to drive up to 50 miles thanks.

thebigjimsho
03-15-12, 02:56 PM
I cruise luxuriously on the toilet...

JimmyH
03-15-12, 05:17 PM
tmi.

mrsbongo
03-29-12, 01:25 AM
Hi there,

Checking in from Burnsville, Minnesota. Just became the proud owner of an '07 SRX V6.

My grandfather owned Cadillacs back in the day. The last one he owned before he passed away was a beautiful Eldorado. It may sound silly but I feel the connection is a little bit stronger now.

I also have an actual interest in *learning* about this car as opposed to just driving it around and taking it in when something goes wrong.

Looking forward to getting to know some folks around here :)

- Jess

talismandave
03-29-12, 02:04 AM
Hi guys. I am slowly making my way through the forums. I'm talismandave and live in Madison WI. Look forward to getting to know and getting together someday.

JimmyH
03-30-12, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the forum fellas :thumbsup:

MSGTRecon
07-07-12, 09:36 AM
97 STS from indiana here

JimmyH
07-08-12, 02:45 PM
welcome!

Ranger
07-08-12, 06:38 PM
Ditto :welcome:

Kimmypage
07-12-12, 01:09 PM
.... Hi all... I just got my third caddy. She's a 2003 STS... i'm hoping to meet up w/ any group meeting or event... holla !!!! Cleveland Ohio, or thereabouts... :)

psycobilly69
07-29-12, 10:06 AM
Well I've been on here a while and found this thread, so I figured I better introduce myself.
My name's Joe and it looks like I'm the only small town redneck here so far ;).
Born and raised in Yorktown, IN (just outside Muncie). I'm a shadetree mechanic, a wheeler/dealer:sneaky: and avid car guy. I'm 29 and I've owned over 60 different vehicles already, including a '54 Hornet, an '83 Benz 300SD turbo diesel and a '48 Dodge pickup. I've never owned a riceburner (I usually stick to older cars that were actually built with real steel ;)).
I've owned 2 other Cadillacs and I'm now on my third-
A brown '84 CDV I got for $250 from a little old lady when I was 17. Loved it but I only had it all of a week before the 4100 locked up tighter than a nun's chastity belt :(.
And the only caddy I ever hated :duck::hide:, but I loved the drivetrain. A rosewood (freakin pink) '88 Seville ex-Mary Kay car I got for $450 from a DEALERSHIP if that tells you what it looked like. I was far from kind to it, but it just would not die! I would hit 100+mph on a regular basis, but it was still runnin with over 219k when I sold it!

My current baby is my '69 Calais coupe. 472, power seats, power windows and 65k showin on the clock. She needs the trans rebuilt and front brakes, but the old big block is still strong :)
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/psycobilly64/69%20Caddy/Photo0454.jpg
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/psycobilly64/69%20Caddy/Photo0453.jpg

misterroy
10-20-12, 05:47 PM
2002 SLS from the south suburbs of Chicago. Man I really like my car...:D

mjcaddy
09-12-13, 11:05 PM
Northern Illinois here, western suburbs of chicago.

South Shore 2 Door
09-19-13, 07:54 AM
From Indiana's portion of Lake Michigan - the South Shore - just a quick ride to either Michigan or Illinois

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o727/03AE/020_zps5b4ddd55.jpg

JimmyH
09-19-13, 01:30 PM
Nice. Welcome to the forums!

talismandave
09-20-13, 11:48 AM
Beautiful! :welcome5:

Raydeeohh
11-11-13, 05:20 PM
My name is Raydeeohh, I'm from Lake County, Illinois and I drive a blue Cadillac cts better known as the Blue Gost because of its smooth and sleek look and performance. I'm a business owner that does like to travel and drive in luxury and style. My brother and dad are also Cadillac owners that enjoy the Cadillac. I'm looking to connect with other Caddy owners to share info.

----------

My dad drove Caddy'$ before I was born. My brother and I just fell right in line, listening to our old school music and the Blues. Lovely combination.

Ranger
11-11-13, 10:25 PM

talismandave
11-11-13, 10:47 PM
Hi, subscribe to this forum and you will get email alerts when members are planning to get together.

I am hoping to get some people together for the Chicago Auto Show. Would be fun to meet up and say hi to other members.

mrvgeo41
11-17-14, 09:59 PM
Tried to get-mrgeo41-and misspelled it, can't seem to get it changed. I had an El Dorado in the mid 60s and loved it. Recently purchased a 2003 DTS Crimson Pearl cloth top. Have had many big cars last one was 93 Town Car it passed away with over 200K on it re motored it and the electronics started to die had to get rid of it. Get this last year I traded it for a PT Cruiser trying to go a little sporty. My soul mate also had owned a Cadillac and when I started looking we spotted an El Dorado in Green Bay and that started the search. Looked at lots of DeVilles and this one stuck. 81400 mi when we bought it. Test drove an El Dorado with 119000 mi about the same year as the DTS from a stop when I punched it hard it was sluggish, the DTS peaches the tires no problem, being a four door and less miles, less $ and awesome looking I got it. Love it. Live in De Pere Wi wondering what club of any has a chapter here.

talismandave
11-18-14, 12:52 PM
Hi, welcome.
I am in Madison, the only club I know of is the Badger Chapter of the Cadillac LaSalle Club in Milwaukee. They are hosting the national meet next summer. Driving tour of area for several days and then couple of days of car show, hundreds of Cadillacs from all over the US. Should be fun. Mostly older cars if you are into the Cadillac history.

mrvgeo41
11-18-14, 04:35 PM
Hi, welcome.
I am in Madison, the only club I know of is the Badger Chapter of the Cadillac LaSalle Club in Milwaukee. They are hosting the national meet next summer. Driving tour of area for several days and then couple of days of car show, hundreds of Cadillacs from all over the US. Should be fun. Mostly older cars if you are into the Cadillac history.
Thanks Geo.