: 96FWB, LT1 vaccume lines

Cadillacs89SDV,96FWB
08-12-07, 12:28 PM
I just bought a 96 Fleetwood. It needed a distributor so I'm in the process of installing it. I forgot where the vaccume lines go from the distibutor. Anyone know where they go? If I look at it long enough I'm sure I'll see it.

jayoldschool
08-12-07, 04:36 PM
I just bought a 96 Fleetwood. It needed a distributor so I'm in the process of installing it. I forgot where the vaccume lines go from the distibutor. Anyone know where they go? If I look at it long enough I'm sure I'll see it.

One slips into your intake with a blue elbow. The other is on the drivers side edge of the intake. It has two one way vacuum valves in it.

96Fleetwood
08-12-07, 10:04 PM
What brand Distributor did you go with?

Cadillacs89SDV,96FWB
08-13-07, 04:11 AM
AC Delco

96Fleetwood
08-13-07, 06:42 AM
AC Delco

Great! I know people have been having problems with some aftermarket optisparks. I thought about going with MSD, but so far mine hasn't been acting up.

Did you finish the install?

jayoldschool
08-13-07, 09:42 AM
I would recommend putting in a new vaccuum harness to ensure the longevity of the opti. They are cheap insurance.

96Fleetwood
08-13-07, 10:49 AM
I would recommend putting in a new vaccuum harness to ensure the longevity of the opti. They are cheap insurance.

Good advice, the vent harness is cheap and better to do now while you are at it.

Cadillacs89SDV,96FWB
08-13-07, 05:39 PM
I did get the opti in and did run a new vaccume harness to it. I'd recomend installing the vaccume lines onto the distributor before you install. I found out the hard way. I'm also doing the new plugs and wires. I've got the left side, 1,3,5,7 done. I started the #8 today and snapped the coolant temp. sender off so there's some more fun for me. The opti was a breeze. Now if I can just get through 2,4,6 plugs and wires I'm golden.

HotPursuit
08-17-07, 12:06 AM
You are probably done with this project already, but incase you were not aware it can make it a little eaiser to go through your wheel well to access some of the plugs.

Cadillacs89SDV,96FWB
08-17-07, 05:01 PM
Thank's for the tip, I've have read that before and have removed plugs that way. I'm not done yet, maybe tomorrow. I work on cars all day and find it difficult to get motivated to do anything with a wrench after work.