: just bought a 94 fleetwood

95stsrider
08-12-07, 01:17 PM
Alright so im back in a rwd cadi for the first time in 5 years, the car needs a lot of work but its all body so it want be that bad. anyway i noticed the fuel guage shows full at all times. whats the deal with this? im going to start doing a search bt i figured i would ask as well. any help or info would be great.

95stsrider
08-12-07, 01:21 PM
im a idiot i posted this in the wrong forum

caddycruiser
08-12-07, 10:13 PM
The sender unit in the tank is probably fried.

96Fleetwood
08-12-07, 10:46 PM
Congrats. Caddycruiser is right about the sending unit being bad.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for saving another Fleetwood and bringing it back to life! :thumbsup:

95stsrider
08-12-07, 11:34 PM
yea its not a bad looking car i traded some stuff for it but in all reality it probably cost me $1200, im going to the junk yard to try and find some broken and missing items like the drivers window ha ha tomorrow............. i try and get some pics up some time this week........ how much will it cost me to get the sending unit, just parts i can do the install? also on the exhaust manifolds it looks like it is missing the 2 back bolts( closest to the firewall) is it suppose to be this way?

96Fleetwood
08-12-07, 11:38 PM
Not sure on the cost of the sending unit, you might have to drop the gas tank to replace it (same thing for the fuel pump).

As for those broken manifold bolts, I hope the studs are not left in there. If so, you will have to drill them out. It is a very common problem on these LT1 cars.

I had the same issue and I just decided to put headers with APR bolts & Earls Gaskets. So far so good.

95stsrider
08-13-07, 12:07 AM
where can I get somw headers for the car? i looked but couldnt find any. what about the egr and emissions stuff, can i pull these things off?

96Fleetwood
08-13-07, 12:14 AM
www.clearimageautomotive.com (http://www.clearimageautomotive.com)

They sell some of the best headers for the LT1 powered B/D body cars.

Do they do emissions testing in your state?

If not, you can order your headers without the EGR and air pump, or with just EGR and no airpump, basically whatever you need.

Personally, I had the guys at PCMforless.com program out EGR valve and back two O2 sensors (a '96 thing).

I also ordered my headers with no AIR pump fitting because I took it all out and had them program it out of the ECU as well.

There are several tuners out there who can do these things as well as change your fuel program (93 octane), tranny shift points, delete VATS, and more.

95stsrider
08-13-07, 12:18 AM
thank ill deffinetly look into both of those companys, the car is going to be my lowrider but i still want it to have the pick up and go. also getting rid of the egr and air pump and all that should clean up my engine bay some.

95stsrider
08-15-07, 05:02 PM
alright so ive been reai=ding other post for like 30 mins now and have come to the conclusion that my car probly did not blow the gasket but wrather has a broken bolt. like i said befor on the very back bolt hole its missing the head of the bolt. so now i have to pull the manifold off so i can see how bad it is. i should be doing this tomorrow and ill try and take some pics while im over there.

Cadillacboy
08-15-07, 06:12 PM
That's great !
Hoep you enjoy your new ride :)

z06bigbird
08-16-07, 12:10 AM
Drive that car for a few monts before you spend any money on that gauge. Mine would stick regularly esp when I overfilled the car. A few weeks later, it would free up.

95stsrider
08-16-07, 01:20 PM
alright ill try that before spending the cash on the sender, anyone have any ideas abou the exhaut leak?

95stsrider
08-27-07, 12:11 AM
well i got the car out of one of my buddies backyard(the guy i bought it from) drove it to another's house tonight and have come up with another problem. I cant seem to get the head lights to work, the high-beams work but not the lows. I swapped out the bulbs for some new ones but that didnt work, anyone have any ideas? also i will have some pics tomorrow night of the car so get ready to see it.................................

CaddyshackCadillac
08-28-07, 08:26 PM
Any pics yet and how bout them headlights???

95stsrider
08-30-07, 02:54 AM
no pics yet.............. on another thread i started i was told its the dimmer swtch so thats the first thing im going to change

cadillacmike68
09-01-07, 11:18 PM
First, you ar e in the right forum

Second, don't violate EPA regs especially if you are in a "testing" state - it could get REAL expensive for you.

The sending unit was notorious in these cars. if you do a search you'll find some humorous posts on this.

The funniest line was (in reference to the gas gauge):

All the bars = half a tank
Half the bars = 5 gallons
Three bars = you're walking :D

I recommend replacing the pump at the same time. it fits inside hthe sender but does not come with it if you buy a new sender -grrr:annoyed: And yes, you have to drop the tank to get at them.

I had mine replaced and now it is very accurate!

ShokleyMobile1972
09-20-07, 01:49 AM
Great. I always wanted one of those.

cadillac charlie
02-21-08, 02:53 PM
yup; I too would suspect the sending unit; replaced mine 4 months ago when the entire pump/unit died; not bad for 200,000 though!