: can i swap v6 headlights w/ V8 HID lights to get hids?

cocaines
08-11-07, 05:35 PM
i wanted to know if i purchased a pair of v8 hid lights(not bulbs) and swap it out with my v6. will i get HIDs on my car, or do i have to do other mods for my car to support it?

jjsocrazy
08-12-07, 02:57 PM
I was going to do that on my 07 STS as well. Although I found out through my fathers place that it was $200 each headlight which is too much in my opinion. Instead I just purchased the HID's for my headlights from Top PSI Performance for $150 with a one year warranty. The HID's however on the STS V8 aren't that bright as say the Escalade or DTS. So with my personal likings I perferred these HID's from Top PSI. I got the 4500K (Diamond White). I also have HID's (8000K- Bluish) for my fogs.

Hope it helps!

cocaines
08-12-07, 05:00 PM
but wouldnt you have to get a hid conversion kit for the lights to work on my v6.

jjsocrazy
08-12-07, 05:19 PM
Correct, that is what I did and ordered the Kit. Sorry I wasn't specific, lol.

Lifer
08-13-07, 10:36 AM
Instead I just purchased the HID's for my headlights from Top PSI Performance for $150 with a one year warranty. The HID's however on the STS V8 aren't that bright as say the Escalade or DTS. So with my personal likings I perferred these HID's from Top PSI. I got the 4500K (Diamond White). I also have HID's (8000K- Bluish) for my fogs.

Hope it helps!

Interesting. I wonder if Top PSI swells a better bulb for my already HID V8 STS that would be brighter. Also, the high-beams are not HID and not really "brighter." Any suggestions?

jjsocrazy
08-14-07, 10:51 AM
Interesting. I wonder if Top PSI swells a better bulb for my already HID V8 STS that would be brighter. Also, the high-beams are not HID and not really "brighter." Any suggestions?

I know people who have upgraded their existing HID's to aftermarket because their brighter. To make sure ask Top PSI for clarification. Im still waiting for mine, will post pics!

Number 3
08-18-07, 04:44 PM
I used a hid kit conversion kit on my 05 and I am really happy with the results. I chose to go with a 6000k bulb for a lil more blue.