: Looking for a car? Have a question? Post here!

Cadillac Tony
08-11-07, 11:45 AM
Just like the title says- If you're looking for a specific car, or even have a question about Cadillac in general, such as:

-"What's the going price for a Certified 2005 STS?"
-"How does the new 2008 CTS compare to the Lexus IS350?"

or even

-"How do I set my dang Memory Seats in my Escalade!?"

Post 'em all here.

I don't only want to hear from you if you're looking to buy- I'm here to help.

mufflerbearing
09-12-07, 05:00 PM
Hello Tony;

I was wondering if there is any word on how much longer option B20 (the wood wheel and shift knob) might be on contraint for the 08 CTS?

Thanks very much;

Pat

Cadillac Tony
09-13-07, 02:12 PM
There's an ongoing supplier issue there, just like with the 17" wheels (first time I've ever seen constraint on the base wheel!)

The supplier hasn't given us a date yet, so I unfortunately I don't know. I'll send you a PM when it becomes available.

blco02
09-20-07, 10:17 PM
Tony,

I have seen you posting here on the forums and it seems like you are a good guy who's willing to give us some pretty good deals on your cars. Thanks for that first of all.

What is the best you think you could do for a recent college grad on a 24 or 36 month lease on an 08 CTS (approx. 3,000 down). I assume that with the options I'm looking at, MSRP on the car would be between $39-$40k. I saw you saying that you could offer an '08 below supplier price, which is awesome. You can email me to keep your prices private if you'd like- blakecollins@northstate.net

Thanks so much!

Cadillac Tony
09-22-07, 01:25 PM
I'm out of work this weekend for my Brother's wedding, but when I get back to the office on Monday I'll send you a quote. If you could let me know where you're located I'll be sure that the taxes are right for your area. Feel free to send the info to tony AT cadillactony DOT com if you don't want to post it out in public.

blco02
09-22-07, 03:37 PM
^ Email sent- thanks Tony.

Cadillac Tony
09-24-07, 11:43 AM
I sent you a response with some prices based on what you're looking for. Thanks for the opportunity, and feel free to call my cell if you have any questions.

Looking forward to doing some business with you there in NC. :thumbsup:

CadillacGurl
09-24-07, 04:20 PM
what could you offer on trade for a 2003 Seville STS fully optioned minus nav with 50K miles
Im hoping to trade it in for a 2004+ 3.6 CTS lux sport perferably in black or silver but it must have a gray or black interior (i cant stand a white or tan interior)
thank you

Cadillac Tony
09-24-07, 08:21 PM
I'm posting from home right now- I'll take a look at the books in the morning and see what the STS would bring.

Keep an eye on your PMs tomorrow, and thanks for posting in my little corner of the Forums. :D

thepiazza
10-04-07, 05:10 PM
I am looking for a 2008 direct injection CTS with the - PDQ premium luxury collection and the All Season tire performance package. What I don't want is the sunroof. I saw a post you indicated that CFN would delete the sunroof. My local dealer is saying you can't delete the sunroof from the PDQ package.

I have also seen other posts that say PDW + PDR is a Performance Luxury package.

I do want navigation, ventilated seats, alarm, wood, etc. So I am happy as long as I can delete the sunroof. And I don't need AWD or the summer tire performance package. Any help would be appreciated.

Thunder Gray Chromaflair ebony seats. I know exactly what I want - I just don't know the codes to get it done right. You seem to take the time to find the right answers. Thanks for your help.

Cadillac Tony
10-04-07, 06:05 PM
Thanks for your post.

The combination of options you need is as follows:

B19- Wood trim
MX0- RWD
PDR- Performance Collection
UAV- 5.1 surround w/Nav
Y41- Luxury II package

The MSRP would be approximately $46k (depending on whether you get a spare). This combo gets you everything you want and no Ultraview. If your local Dealer insists they can't do it, let me know and I'll be happy to order a car for you and have it shipped to you.

Feel free to call me if you have any other questions.

thepiazza
10-05-07, 08:27 AM
Thanks for your help. The only thing I see that I would be missing is the LED lighting - is that correct? I think that was only available in the Luxury one option?

Cadillac Tony
10-05-07, 11:46 AM
Luxury Level I is an extra $850, and it gets you 6-cd changer, Accent lighting, Anti-Theft Alarm and Rainsense wipers. Since you're getting nav, the 6cd would be deleted, so it's up to you if Accent Lighting, Alarm and Rainsense is worth $850.

If you want it, it can be ordered that way.

thepiazza
10-06-07, 04:42 PM
Dealer keeps trying to order getrs error - Y41 - no longer available except with PDQ (which we dont want) or as PDW (which prevents us from ordering the Navigation) Said error said not available as a free flow item.

I have found cars with what we want, (but in wrong color) but dealer is saying change from GM prevents us from getting Y41 - so it's either no AC in the seats, no remote start, no navigation or live with a sunroof we don't want

I'm ready to give up - but I really want the car - I just don't understand why it has to be so dificult. Thanks for all of your help.

Thunder Gray Chromaflair
DI engine
Ebony interior
B19
B20
MXO
PDR
UAV
Y41
Y40

I get an MSRP of $46,250.00 - and supplier price of $42,761.16 (we have a GSU discount) The gmfamilyfirst website lets me build it - I just don't understand why I can't get it ordered.

I guess I will have to give up Luxury Level 2 because I really want the NAV

Cadillac Tony
10-06-07, 09:24 PM
The constant changes to the packages are frustrating- they're trying to make the packages meet consumer demand, but it's a nightmare to keep up with on our end.

I'm visiting family this weekend, but when I get to the office on Monday I'll figure out a combination that gets you what you want. Hang in there, I promise I'll find a way. :thumbsup:

LFG
10-08-07, 06:02 PM
Tony, The word is the B20 will be available 10/8. Can you check to see if it's really available. I have a friend who wants to order, but wants the B20. Sounds like you are the man to order from......Thanks Lew.

Cadillac Tony
10-09-07, 10:59 AM
According to the National Constraints Report today (10/9/2007) B20 is no longer on constraint, so it should be included.

I am in fact the man to order from (:D), so have your friend give me a call on my cell and I'll get the order in for them. Thanks for posting.

LFG
10-09-07, 11:58 AM
According to the National Constraints Report today (10/9/2007) B20 is no longer on constraint, so it should be included.

I am in fact the man to order from (:D), so have your friend give me a call on my cell and I'll get the order in for them. Thanks for posting.

Tony , Can you check with GM to make sure it's available before he calls you, thanks. There's a post in the 2008 CTS forum that it's still not available. Here is the post. (10/8-6:18pm)

Gen. Mgr. of my local Cadillac dealership received an update regarding B20 wood trim on steering wheel and shift knob, and my salesman just read it to me over the phone. From GM Cadillac Div, dated today October 8, 2007, it essentially says that B20 wood trim remains unavailable until further notice. CTS and other effected models ordered with B20 will be built without it, and appropriate price adjustments will be made.

Cadillac Tony
10-09-07, 01:41 PM
I just called the DBC, and they confirmed it is no longer on constraint. I don't know where the other guy is getting his info from, but according to my report and the DBC it is not.

Should be good to go :thumbsup:.

LFG
10-09-07, 06:39 PM
Thanks Tony, I'll have him call, what is DBC?

Cadillac Tony
10-10-07, 09:21 AM
Dealer Business Center

Chuck
11-15-07, 06:49 PM
Hi Tony,
I have a chance to buy an '04 CTS-V with only 16,xxx miles previously owned by a 65 yr.old man. The car appears to be in perfect condition complete with new OE tires. I have read about some of the rear end issues and am concerned. My "spirited driving" consists of running through the gears on occasion from a roll. I just now got the results of my VIN check and see that the transmission was replaced last month. Have those been an issue too?
I really like the car but it will be my DD and I need some reassurance. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuck

Cadillac Tony
11-15-07, 11:06 PM
Howdy, Chuck!

The rear differential issues on the CTS are blown way out of proportion on these forums. There are an above average number of CTSs that have a "hum" or "whine" noise from the differential at certain speeds, but it's certainly not a sign of failure and definitely nothing to be overly concerned about. Make a few tight turns in a parking lot to be sure there's no clunking or binding in the rear and you should be fine. I'd recommend asking the dealer to drain and refill the differential with fresh synthetic fluid and a bottle of "friction modifier" (all parts departments have it) just to start with fresh fluid back there.

As far as the transmission, I haven't seen too many of those replaced, but cars are made by humans and some just break. As long as the new transmission is acting properly, I'd consider it a bonus (new tranny! :))

Thanks for valuing my advice, and if you have any other questions relating to the car or the purchase then let me know! :thumbsup:

Chuck
11-18-07, 12:35 AM
Howdy, Chuck!

The rear differential issues on the CTS are blown way out of proportion on these forums. There are an above average number of CTSs that have a "hum" or "whine" noise from the differential at certain speeds, but it's certainly not a sign of failure and definitely nothing to be overly concerned about. Make a few tight turns in a parking lot to be sure there's no clunking or binding in the rear and you should be fine. I'd recommend asking the dealer to drain and refill the differential with fresh synthetic fluid and a bottle of "friction modifier" (all parts departments have it) just to start with fresh fluid back there.

As far as the transmission, I haven't seen too many of those replaced, but cars are made by humans and some just break. As long as the new transmission is acting properly, I'd consider it a bonus (new tranny! :))

Thanks for valuing my advice, and if you have any other questions relating to the car or the purchase then let me know! :thumbsup:

Hi Tony,
The dealer said the trans had a vibration in 6th at 70 mph. I spoke to the previous owner and he said he had not noticed it so it must have been pretty minor. I test drove it yesterday, bought it this morning and I pick it up Monday. I'm not a "clutch-dropper" so hopefully I won't have any diff issues. The car appears to be a perfect blend of performance, luxury, and 4-door convenience. Thanks for you help.

Chuck

Cadillac Tony
11-20-07, 09:41 AM
You're quite welcome, Chuck. Congratulations on the new car. :)

Chuck
11-20-07, 09:47 AM
Thanks Tony. I drove it home and put it in the garage so I haven't had a chance to enjoy it yet. I need to drive my '01 Regal GS for exposure so I can get it sold.

Chuck