: Finding New Mechanic: Questions to Ask

fpmesiIII
08-11-07, 11:26 AM
Hi guys I just moved to a new area and need to find a new mechanic. I would like to find a quality mechanic that is knowledgeable on Northstars also one that is trustworthy.

I was thinking I should call around and ask some questions. For example I would like to find out how much experience they have with working with Northstars. I am not sure how to word this correctly in a way that it will be understandable and easy to give an honest answer. Any suggestions?

CadillacSTS42005
08-11-07, 11:55 AM
say, my n* need hgs
if theyll do it then they know lol
if they say like 500-1k they they have no clue
if they say like 2K your golden

Crown Vic Owner
08-12-07, 06:27 PM
Hi guys I just moved to a new area and need to find a new mechanic. I would like to find a quality mechanic that is knowledgeable on Northstars also one that is trustworthy.

I was thinking I should call around and ask some questions. For example I would like to find out how much experience they have with working with Northstars. I am not sure how to word this correctly in a way that it will be understandable and easy to give an honest answer. Any suggestions?

Simply, look for ASE certification.

The other way is to act stupid about some northstar specific components and see if he looks funny or ANYTHING about that is different.

Just be warned, these guys work on 100s of different motors, so they hit the manual at times as well for refrence.

tateos
08-24-07, 08:09 PM
What Kind Of Work Do You Need Done? Simple Maintenance Doesn't Really Require Special Knowledge. Head Gaskets And Re-seals - Yes, They Better Have Some Under Their Belt.