: How do you prefer your cadillac?

CaddyshackCadillac
08-10-07, 09:43 PM
Well im looking at an 84 and it begs the question how do you prefer your cadillac ?Velour or leather

Lord Cadillac
08-10-07, 10:19 PM
But picked velour because I'm not crazy about the leather that Cadillac uses.. Crushed velour would be perfect for me. However, leather does look very nice and seems more impressive in a luxury car.. But I'd take that velour from a 77 Town Car or Fleetwood any day...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-10-07, 10:50 PM
Velour. I live in MN and the winters get awfully cold! Haha

If it was cloth or leather, I'd generally go with leather, but the velour (along with the cloth used in most older Caddys, mine included) is just so soft and cushy, you gotta love it! And I've never been a big fan of the leather used in most of the older Cadillacs. The newer ones, with that Nuance leather, are quite nice.

CaddyshackCadillac
08-11-07, 12:01 AM
well ill have to enter my verdict in a month when i get my 84 brown on brown velour caddy

Night Wolf
08-11-07, 01:36 AM
I'd have to say velour.... I'm not all too impressed with leather interiors in cars.... the 80's RWD style is eh.... and it cracks/rips more easy....

tho I agree, leather does look more fitting in a luxury car... still tho, its cool to have the option.... don't have that anymore tho.

Cadillac_Fan
08-11-07, 08:51 AM
My vote is for leather - it just fits the Cadillac image. That said, in temperature extremes (whether hot or cold), the velour is hands-down the best. My Brougham has the "Dark Blue Royal Prima Cloth" and the '77 Eldorado has a real thick and tough (but no cracks/splits) yellow leather interior.

Cadillacboy
08-11-07, 11:38 AM
Black leather please lol

ShadowLvr400
08-11-07, 12:31 PM
Leather. If you live in extreme climates, get a remote starter.

fleetwood76
08-11-07, 01:16 PM
Hello.

I voted Velour.

As stated here is the leather consedering more "luxury", on the other hand, is it common that limos has only leather in the driver seat and the VIP seats is Velour or something like that.
Lether is however much easier to keep clean especially compared to a tan or other light coloured velour
interiour.

jolle

pompste
08-11-07, 01:27 PM
I prefer leather in a luxury model Cadillac.Both leather and velour have their positive and negative qualities.

AElayyat
08-11-07, 01:35 PM
i vote for velour (this makes my friends wonder because i have owned 3 caddys, 2 of which i still have and all of them had leather interior). first reason i vote for velour is because i am sick of leather, and second is because leather will crack and has the wear marks that show up more than they would with the velour.

77CDV
08-11-07, 07:57 PM
I voted leather, but velour is nice for many of the reasons mentioned above. The one thing I don't like about velour that keeps me from choosing it is that it's like sitting on velcro, and it makes sliding in and out difficult. It also soils easily and holds odors forever.

codewize
08-11-07, 09:24 PM
OR heated / AC seats :)

Leather. If you live in extreme climates, get a remote starter.

Jonas McFeely
08-11-07, 10:10 PM
I say velour. Though i do like a quality leather seat. The leather in the '80-'85 Broughams is my favorite. The pillow top leather in my '85 Seville was great. But i would still take velour any day. Florida and leather arnt friends.

Highway Star
08-12-07, 04:53 PM
Voted velour since that's what I got, lol. I like leather too, and had 2 Caddys in the past with it. Cars with cloth seats are somewhat quieter, and I like that. Cloth may shave some weight off the car too, maybe saving a thimble of go-juice p/mile!

Absolutely no food/beverages allowed in my ride due to the cloth. If it were leather, maybe.
:gun::food-snacking:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-12-07, 05:51 PM
In some cars, when you've got the option for cloth or leather, it seems like the cloth seats are more plush (my deVille for example), but in some cars, the leather seats seem more plush (LT1 FWB).

CaddyshackCadillac
08-12-07, 06:41 PM
yea and i agree with what was stated bout having heated seats and all but when its the summer ur wishing for some air conditioned seats specially in shorts ..however if ya got kids leather is a must unless u plan on stopping everytime they want a drink or something ....being in massachusetts leather is tough to maintain with such drastic weather changes it really hurts the leather from freezing cold winters to scorching hott summers all my cars except my current 1998 blazer have had leather and im starting to think velour is the way to go...

CaddyshackCadillac
08-15-07, 12:07 AM
18-8 leather over velour but i was very surprised with as many people voting for velour i thought it was gonna be a landslide but ill soon find out what my choice is as it stands velour is more durable to the test of time no cracking but with staining and such leather is far more superior......we shall see

92cadbro
08-15-07, 07:10 AM
Ive had velour in my 87...and leather in my 92.....velour FEELS better, leather LOOKS nicer......

Cadillacon22s
09-02-07, 02:07 PM
You Cant Have The Wood Without The Leather... Leather Is A Must All Day Every Day. If You Want Cloth Interior Just Save Some Money And Buy A Scion Or Something.

Cadillac Giovanni
09-02-07, 03:56 PM
My first caddy had velour. It was nice and had this soft, cozy feel to it. My Brougham has leather, and there's no doubt in my mind it's the way to go. Especially after a nice cleaning, the way it shines, and the way your butt slides around so comfortably, and that slight creaking noise that it makes when you shift in it. It even SOUNDS luxurious.

But I think this picture speaks for itself...
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/091/6/3/Car_Inside_1_by_HoratioGiovanni.jpg

deVille33
09-11-07, 09:55 PM
Only one of of my cars has the full velour seats, My deElegance. My Blue Beauty has the combination leather / velour. One Coupe I lost had the same interior. The other Cadillac I lost had white leather interior, the only leather interior I really hated.

Fleet
09-12-07, 04:54 AM
Black leather please lol
Here you go: :D

I've always preferred leather... looks & smells great, easy to clean and (on my Cadillacs) soft.
It does get hot but it's not that bad; it hasn't really bothered me.
http://i15.tinypic.com/4mvvx8h.jpg

My_favorite_Brougham
09-12-07, 03:55 PM
When I think of how a Cadillac should be, I think comfort;
When I think of how comfort should be, I think of a time when I am most comfortable;
When I think of when I'm the most comfortable, I think of sleeping;
When I think of sleeping, I think of soft and cozy pillows and cushions.

Do you go to bed at night in leather sheets and pillows?

I want my car to hug me when I'm in it, so I would prefer velour, especially for the back seat and when on long trips. With leather, you always feel on top of the leather, apart from it. With velour, it hugs you and absorbs you. (I used to always fall asleep in the back of my parents old cloth Delta 88, and my grandparents Parisianne.) But this only goes for older puffy seats and soft cloth seats. Nowadays, cloth seats feel course like office building carpet and leave a funny imprint on your skin. It is quite uncomfortable.

Greg

Cadillac Giovanni
09-12-07, 06:40 PM
The logic behind that is a LITTLE twisted, I think.

I don't sleep in my car...well, I have, but I don't intend too. I find when sitting whilst wearing pants (another thing I don't do while I sleep) leather is far more comfortable.

But either can be comfortable, especially in older cars. I definitely agree with you on the newer cloth seats in cars. They're also very hard. The seat shouldn't be telling ME how my butt is shaped.

Fleet
09-13-07, 02:52 AM
I agree. I never did like very firm seats. I like 'em soft.

HotPursuit
09-14-07, 03:30 PM
Leather, thats what seat heaters are for. Although black leather in the hot sun is not fun!

Benzilla
09-14-07, 04:55 PM
Only one of of my cars has the full velour seats, My d'Elegance. My Blue Beauty has the combination leather / velour. One Coupe I lost had the same interior. The other Cadillac I lost had white leather interior, the only leather interior I really hated.
Now I'm curious, why did you hate white leather? I always thought it looked rather stately, ad would be worth the upkeep.

Me, I like leather, but then I've never owned an old Cadillac with velour. Ridden in; yes, but no long term ownership. But I think one important thing has been overlooked throughout this whole experiment: There's cloth, then there's velour. Old Broughams, and some DeVilles had velour. Cavaliers have cloth. Big difference.

CaddyshackCadillac
09-14-07, 05:03 PM
yea when i think velour i think d elegence pillow top not chevy blazer base model lol

My_favorite_Brougham
09-14-07, 05:27 PM
I think one important thing has been overlooked throughout this whole experiment: There's cloth, then there's velour. Old Broughams, and some DeVilles had velour. Cavaliers have cloth. Big difference.

I agree. Cadillac velour is like velvet and is plush.

AMGoff
09-14-07, 06:21 PM
I prefer leatherette :p

1990CaddyBrougham
09-14-07, 06:30 PM
Oooo I vote for Cloth in my caddy! My 90 came wiht tan base cloth, i have since upgraded to tan d'Elegance cloth I LOVE IT..

My 97 Town Car Limousine also has cloth, wich i was surprised to see....

CaddyshackCadillac
05-12-09, 12:30 AM
thread bump for an old but fun thread

Warren_R
05-12-09, 05:58 AM
I voted for velour, although I once had a '70 SDV that had great looking leather upholstery. That being said, the tufted velour in my '89 Brougham is the cat's pajamas! Very elegant looking, incredibly comfy & won't burn your backside in hot weather :)

robb257731
05-12-09, 11:53 AM
Leather all the way. I started out with a 92 Brougham D'Elegance with crushed blue velour. I like the look, but per the posting above, it's like sitting on velcro. I never found the seats comfortable, as I was always having to try to adjust the cushion. I just picked up 91 Brougham D'Elegance with a pristine leather interior...far more comfortable..your body can move without sticking to the seat. That being said, I'll burn my legs in summer!

jayoldschool
05-12-09, 12:40 PM
I have always been a leather guy. When I started my search for a coupe, leather was a must. Of course, the one I bought has velour. I actually picked up two full sets of leather seats for it (both D'Elegance, one set white, one set blue), but after cleaning my interior, I have to say... I really like the velour. It has a very classy vintage look to it that totally suits the car:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/jayoldschool/Cadillac/cadillac014.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/jayoldschool/Cadillac/cadillac017.jpg

MaineWater
05-12-09, 12:44 PM
I love the velour in the older caddys, like my 84 Deville, but I also have it in a 90 deville and not crazy about it. Leather also cracks easily over the years.

brougham
05-13-09, 01:27 AM
I like my cloth seats. When I was looking for my Cadillac at first I wanted leather but I liked the way cloth looks better. Leather doesn't look as good when it gets older and its hot in the summer and cold in the winter. And you can get pretty much any new car with leather seats now so its not as special anymore as it used to be. But it also depends on what car you're talking about because my Deville has leather and I would rather have that in it. They look like crap with cloth seats.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-13-09, 01:49 AM
Leather is a must for me. I hate the cloth seats with a passion. Although they do look better on the older cars ('85 and back), the newer ones should all have leather. There is nothing better than sitting in a 20 year old car and having the leather feel like it did the day it was new (I use Leatherique treatments a lot and my leather is soft and supple).

Aron9000
05-13-09, 02:16 AM
I had a 1991 Regal with really nice, soft velour. Very comfy. I personally like the leather better because of the smell. Nothing says luxury like that nice leather smell.

greencadillacmatt
05-13-09, 03:04 AM
Had to go with velour. I have dark blue in my '84, and I love the texture. I can't get enough of Jay's d'elegance velour, with all the buttons. Just looks classy. But if I could have anything, it would be the blue crushed velour in the Talisman Fleetwoods. That is the stuff legends are made of.