: low oil pressure / battery no charge on DIC

97EldoCoupe
08-08-07, 07:12 PM
Just got the engine installed- a 4.0 Northstar in my '97 Eldorado- ok yeah it's got 25 hp less but the gas mileage is INCREDIBLE with the 3.11:1 gears- 34.4 MPG (or 41.5 MPG using the Canadian imperial system) on the highway.

Here's the problem- I know for sure the engine has very good oil pressure, tested it before I pulled it out of the '97 Aurora. Runs great. Also, says "battery no charge" but shows 13.5 volts with a digital multimeter. All sensors are wired up correctly. What could be causing this? Loose ground maybe somwhere? I checked all over but couldn't find anything. Could it be a fuse somewhere? What part of the harness should I be checking for problems- I'm 99% sure it's not the alternator or the oil pressure switch.

I know this is a tough one to answer but just thought I'd check to see if anyone has ever come across this, maybe there's just something simple that I'm overlooking. Because it's both of these error messages, and both connectors are in the same part of the harness, I'm assuming the problems are linked together.

CadillacSTS42005
08-10-07, 12:27 PM
idk about the oil less there is something actually wrong
and you could have a battery with no charge and still have 13.5 volts the alts making up for it and it will eventually burn that out too

try pulling codes....

97EldoCoupe
08-16-07, 06:24 PM
I just swapped out the alternator, put the one in from the old engine, and installed a new pressure sensor- everything's working great now. I figured it was a loose ground somewhere; oh well good to have a new pressure sensor anyway.