: Sandy, you need to take a look at this.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-07, 12:31 AM
Illumina showed me this listing on Craigslist. It's for a '93 Sedan deVille but they used a pic of your Sixty Special.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/car/382985225.html

http://images.craigslist.org/010407010304010307200707264e83d54e7956be4fee00d1d5 .jpg

Playdrv4me
08-08-07, 12:52 AM
Not to mention they dont even have the skills to get a decent sized image. Losers.

EcSTSatic
08-08-07, 08:01 AM
You guys should report this to their administrator. The seller could be trying to scam someone :want:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/flags_and_community_moderation

Jonas McFeely
08-08-07, 06:28 PM
I would be flattered. But for real though, get a decent sized image.:thepan:

Sandy
08-08-07, 07:23 PM
I wrote to them, ON Craig List.

"How come you used a picture of MY Sixty Special, to sell your de Ville?
I turned down $8,000 and you want $900?
I'll bet you are the kinda guy that thinks car salesmen are all crooked, Right ?"
"Good Luck"

90Brougham350
08-08-07, 08:52 PM
Haha, very nice, have they responded yet?

Sandy
08-08-07, 11:31 PM
No, not a word. Don't expect it - either CAUGHT

illumina
08-09-07, 01:03 AM
Hehehehehe...Chad said it was your car Sandy, but I though he meant the same model!

Yeah, if I could find a Deville that looks that damned good for $900, you can bet yer ass I would pick it up!

OffThaHorseCEO
08-09-07, 07:37 AM
ever heard of "file photo's" this guy wanted to give an idea of what the car looked like. he didnt say this is a "picture of the car". and he said the car was black isnt sandy's purple? he also clearly stated the clearcoat was peeling. you should be flattered. also anyone who buys a car solely based on a picture that small is an idiot anyways (or based solely on any picture for that matter). i for one would go to see the car personally.

Playdrv4me
08-09-07, 09:58 AM
Yea the scam thing wasnt an issue to me. I believe the car is real... But still, that photo is Sandy's intellectual property. That guy got the photo from somewhere where he could have asked permission to get it, even if he just used a Google image search.

I've used other peoples photos of a particular car in a pinch until I can get my own up, but I dont feel good about it even if the car looks identical.

Destroyer
08-09-07, 02:44 PM
ever heard of "file photo's" this guy wanted to give an idea of what the car looked like. he didnt say this is a "picture of the car". and he said the car was black isnt sandy's purple? he also clearly stated the clearcoat was peeling. you should be flattered. also anyone who buys a car solely based on a picture that small is an idiot anyways (or based solely on any picture for that matter). i for one would go to see the car personally.I'm with you on this, who cares?. I dont think its worth getting upset over Sandy. Think about it, out of all the pics they could have used to show which body style the car was to potential buyers they picked yours!. I'd be flattered. As a matter of fact I was checking out wheels on ebay only to find my wifes car in someones ad!, here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-THUNDERBIRD-MARK-VIII-BULLITT-CHROME-WHEELS-TIRES_W0QQitemZ330152435393QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6648 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . Did I get upset?, No. I thought it was pretty cool and its the guy I bought the wheels from but he must have gotten the pic from some Lincoln forum.

EcSTSatic
08-09-07, 03:03 PM
I'm with you on this, who cares?. I dont think its worth getting upset over Sandy. Think about it, out of all the pics they could have used to show which body style the car was to potential buyers they picked yours!. I'd be flattered. As a matter of fact I was checking out wheels on ebay only to find my wifes car in someones ad!, here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-THUNDERBIRD-MARK-VIII-BULLITT-CHROME-WHEELS-TIRES_W0QQitemZ330152435393QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6648 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . Did I get upset?, No. I thought it was pretty cool and its the guy I bought the wheels from but he must have gotten the pic from some Lincoln forum.

From this guy's own Ebay ad:

Permission is granted to download and print materials from this webpage

for the purpose of viewing, reading, and retaining for reference.

Any other copying, distribution, retransmission, or modification of information

or materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without the

express prior written permission of Custom Wheels Market is strictly prohibited.

Spyder
08-09-07, 11:30 PM
Sandy, didn't this happen to you once before?! Somebody used your pic to try and sell their car or something along those lines...it feels familiar...

Sandy
08-10-07, 02:59 PM
1.) I am NOT "upset" over it. It's kinda surprising, at first, then it becomes an "Okay, he liked my car"!
2.) Yes, once before a shot of my car was"lifted" (I'm being nice) and used to show the OEM chrome rims.
3.) It's not the easiest thing to do to describe "Dark Amethyst Plum Metallic" ~ you eye really has to see it.
4.) Best I can do: Pour a gallon of gloss black paint into a 2 gallon container. Into that pour a quart of bright purple gloss paint, and stir stir stir. 3 parts black, 1 part medium bright purple.
In the evening or on a cloudy day, 99 outta 100 people would call it BLACK. On a vividly sunny day 99 out of 100 would call it dark dark purple.

z06bigbird
08-16-07, 07:08 PM
ever heard of "file photo's" this guy wanted to give an idea of what the car looked like. he didnt say this is a "picture of the car". and he said the car was black isnt sandy's purple? he also clearly stated the clearcoat was peeling. you should be flattered. also anyone who buys a car solely based on a picture that small is an idiot anyways (or based solely on any picture for that matter). i for one would go to see the car personally.

Hey, some of us like being idiots. Don't take shots at me for being an idiot. I might be very proud??

LOL