: Jonas I hate to do this to you but......

CaddymanTom
08-07-07, 10:34 PM
I know its not a Fleetwood Coupe but it is pretty close
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sharp-Custom-Show-Car-Award-winner_W0QQitemZ260147308166QQihZ016QQcategoryZ614 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CaddyshackCadillac
08-07-07, 10:37 PM
thats one nice lookin car and its not an ht4100 lol

Jonas McFeely
08-07-07, 11:28 PM
It seems like just about every time i click on the RWD forum, there is some new thread entitled "Jonas,...." or "Why is Jonas," or something to that effect.

I thought for a second you found another '85 Sage Coupe...

I have seen that one before, but i dont think on Ebay.Saw it a long time ago. I wanted it then, i want it now. I went 2 damn years not seeing 1 damn Green RWD Cadillac from the '80s and literally in the past 2 months, i have seen 6 of all different types.

I thank you guys for caring enough to post what you find, it means alot. I really enjoy seeing the threads and the cool things you guys find. Thanks.

Pending that i get this '68, i think i may just drop that 472 in my Brougham. I had no idea there were so many mod parts for those engines. That was the only reason i wanted an LT1, for the modability and relative ease of putting it in. There are a few people that have done the 472 swap, so i think its very doable. Tomorrow we'll know if thats even going to be a possiblity...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-07-07, 11:53 PM
Haha, yes. At the Tampa meet in november, after you get the 472 swapped in, you and rick have to have a burnout contest. You won't even be able to see his car behind all your tire smoke lol.

I found this too Jonas, if you wanted a '70s Lincoln...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Lincoln-Town-Coupe-MINT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ180146394383QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item180146394383

You can always lie to yourself and say it's a sage green '76 Coupe deVille.
http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/ae/1d/cd77_12.JPG
http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/ae/1d/d886_12.JPG

Night Wolf
08-08-07, 04:13 AM
Any big block Cad would fit into this chassis better, and cheaper, then a LT1... not to meniton its a big block, and way more cooler cause its a Caddy engine.

That was my thing tho, the big block Cad, cause you were gonna do the LT1.

Besides the motor mounts and couple chassis bits from a '77-'81, you will need the enigne accessories, oil pan and oil dip stick IIRC from a 425... and... the TH400 long tail that is in that '68 will not fit (to my knowladge) because of the smaller trans tunnel in the 80's Brougham, you would need a TH400 short tail form a '77-'79, If '80 and '81 still used the 400, then that would work too.

Really, a '77-'79 parts car would be awesome... find a rusted one for parts, in an accident, shot interior etc.... Had I had the room (as I do now) I would have kept my '79..... besides so many things on that car being in mint shape, I wanted the entire drivetrain for the swap into the '89... it stinks, because the easiest way to do it now, would be to buy a parts '77-'79.... ah well....Engine still ran, though it was rough at idle because the vaccum canister was smashed as well as a bunch of vaccum line... and I know it would move under its own power except the gear shift (and ignition, and steering wheel) were all jambed and the frame/bumped was pushed into the tire....

That would be neat tho if you did swap.... but the 472/500 is still my thing :) Kinda stinks being tight on cash right now, but most of all, wanting to build up a sleeper Brougham, wanting to build a 4x4 truck, and wanting an older classic Caddy to fix up.... all at the same time.... grrr....

Jonas McFeely
08-08-07, 07:40 AM
Im sure i could find a beat up '77-'79 parts car. This swap will take awhile. Pending i get this '68, i still have to get the '88 ready to sell. Then find a parts car for the swap. Then find something to drive while all that is happening. It sounds more complicated than it is. And it really wont cost too much, just take awhile to get everything together.

Highway Star
08-08-07, 12:41 PM
"Muscle car"? Okaaaaaaaaaaaay....:bigroll:

*(nice car though)