: Sirius-XM module swap

JoeEXT
08-07-07, 11:40 AM
Wondering if anyone has done this. I have an 04 SRX with XM. I changed the module out over the weekend. The question I had is that I wanted to use the XM antenna already monuted on the roof. That antenna has 2 leads that plugged into the XM module. One lead is black and the other is baige. I am currently using the baige one and everything is working but every so often I get this backround static. I was going to change over to the black lead but thought I would post out for some help. Thanks

cadavev
08-07-07, 12:29 PM
on my 06 silverado i am using the beige one and the static is losing the signal every once and whaile also did you get the right adaptor this guy is making adaptors to go from the beige to the sirius units gcaymandiver@hotmail.com his work is great. hope that helped some.

JoeEXT
08-07-07, 01:59 PM
The thing is I don't loose signal, I hear the static under what is currently playing. Did that connector fix the issue? I am wondering if both have to be used and why do we have 2 to begin with.

JoeEXT
08-10-07, 01:47 PM
After driving with it for the past few days seems like the static is electrical and related to the brake. Times when I hit the brake the static will come on and stay on until I hit the brake again. I don't have this issue with the radio or cd or the XM module. So I am wondering if it is the Sirius module or the XM antenna. I am going to try using the Sirius antenna to see if that does anything.

If anyone could offer some insight or suggestions it would be very much appreciated!