: Niagara Falls From A Helicopter

Murphyg
08-07-07, 12:51 AM
Have never been in a helicopter before. But to tell the truth; wasnt the ride so much as the view.....
Then the same thing but from ground zero on the Maid Of The Mist......Awe inspiring

RunningOnEMT
08-07-07, 12:56 AM
actually not to be a buzzkill or anything but not too long ago a friend of mine had an aquaintance commit suicide by jumping over the falls, didn't know people did that still

Murphyg
08-07-07, 01:07 AM
My guess would be he chose that place because he felt it was such a beautifull and awe inspiring place to go.
If its your time to go wether its chosen or you chose it yourself; Im guessing there are a lot worse things to be the last for one to see.

Not a buzz kill at all. My condolences to you. And if it helps. Your friend saw something that very few have or ever will see.
I am sure he is at piece. And I hope that you are as well.

Rolex
08-07-07, 01:49 AM
Man that last pic is spectacular! Great photos. :thumbsup:

Murphyg
08-07-07, 02:12 AM
Thanx.
That one is the falls on the US side. Quite the story behind what it looks like today. A couple of land slides over the years formed the giant rocks at the base. It is really something to see.
But the pics dont do justice to being there. That maid Of The Mist brings you right into the bowl of the falls.
Couldnt get any pics from there cause its like standing in your shower. Was able to get some video though. Wraped the camera in saran wrap. Came out ok but I didnt wipe off the drops in front of the lens enough times.

I know now why they call the one bridge there the Rainbow Bridge. Constantly rainbows appearing over both the falls all day.
Was really something to see. And the clincher is that Its only bout 1 1/2 hours from my home (if that), and its the first time in the 30 years that Ive lived here that Ive gone there and "really" looked at it.
Thanx again Rolex.
Im glad that youve been enjoying them.

ewill3rd
08-07-07, 06:47 AM
I took that trip a couple years ago with the missus.
I also got a helicopter ride. I have lots of photos but I don't have time to post them.
It is pretty awesome, we did all our stuff on the Canadian side.

EcSTSatic
08-07-07, 10:14 AM
Nice pics! I'd like to get up there someday.

My chopper rides have all been on military ops. This one is the USS Midway during flight ops.

http://pages.prodigy.net/fremin/Garage/images/Military/CVA41_above.jpg

Semper Fi

Cadillacboy
08-07-07, 12:08 PM
Thanks for posting those nice pics

dkozloski
08-07-07, 12:10 PM
Helicopters have too many moving parts.

RightTurn
08-07-07, 03:20 PM
The Falls are AWESOME!! And yeah, the Canadian side is da bomb. :highfive:

AlBundy
08-07-07, 03:37 PM
Great pics post the video if possible.

malcolm
08-07-07, 05:20 PM
Was there myself two weeks ago. Love it every time I see it. Did you see the sky walker. Jay Cochrane is walking a high wire twice a day till the end of the month from the Skylon to Pucks restaurant. 200 feet up 1000 feet long no net. The guy is 63 years old and he hangs out with the crowd when he finishes. He could be the first one to walk across the falls in over 100 years. Regarding the jumpers, locals told me that they have 2 or 3 every month take the plunge. It's all kept very quite, no use scaring the tourists.

Adam
08-07-07, 05:33 PM
Beautiful pics man! I'd love to go there sometime.

urbanski
08-07-07, 07:24 PM
awesome pics! i was there as a kid.
i'll never forget my helicopter trip over Vegas :)

Krashed989
08-08-07, 05:26 AM
OMG I was there a Loooooongggg time ago! Way back in 96!... I was 8 years old at the time. I remember it rained and rained and rained the entire time we were there. Me and my family all wore poncho's but we all still ended up completely soaked.... Back then I don't think there was a helicopter tour of the falls, but i could be wrong.... Ahhhh the memories.

Nice pictures! They look beautiful from the sky!... Did you get any pics of them when they light up the falls at night?

Murphyg
08-09-07, 04:15 PM
.... Ahhhh the memories.

Nice pictures! They look beautiful from the sky!... Did you get any pics of them when they light up the falls at night?

Our plan was to stay for the lights and the fireworks but we took off early.
It was a long and exhilirating day as it was.
Im on my feet all day at work and once they start to get sore Ive got to get off them or Im screwed for days.
The kids were getting tired too. Ya thats it the kids were tired LOL

I didnt hear anything bout a wire walk...Bummer !!!! That would have been ever coool. It was drizzling on and off through the day so that may be why. Too slick for the wire. But then again its not like all that mist from the falls keeps the wire dry. Wished Id seen that. Next time for sure. Will have to go back. Maybe anniversary next year and do the whole hotel thing with the wife. Cant do it this year seein as our anniversary is on Monday and Im pretty much broke now.
Plan was to play the video for her while shes soakin in the tub LOL. Happy 13th Anniversary, stab, stab, stab,

malcolm
08-09-07, 07:23 PM
http://www.jaycochrane.com/niagara2007.html

The guy is amazing.

ewill3rd
08-10-07, 07:26 AM
Here are a couple snaps from when we went. I have more but this gives you the idea.
It was really cool I thought.
Well worth the dough to take my wife and my son.

I watched the fireworks from in front of my hotel.
My son was about 3 at the time and he got so excited he peed his pants... too bad I was carrying him on my shoulders at the time!!! :histeric: