: Best Deals on 2007 SRX's in Addition to $3,000 in Cadillac Incentives

CadillacBuyer
08-06-07, 10:29 PM
What are people seeing as their best deals on East Coast SRX's?

First their's $2,000 back from Cadillac, plus another $1,000 in non-GM owner incentives.

Then there's about 8% to invoice. I suspect another 5% holdback.

Are people seeing MSRP, less $3K, less 13%?

dadr
08-06-07, 10:33 PM

CadillacBuyer
08-06-07, 10:53 PM

What does 3000 mean?

If a given car has a MSRP of $50,000, and there's $3,000 back from Cadillac...that's $47,000. The discount to invoice about 8%, or $4,000, which brings "net invoice" (invoice less Cadillac incentives) to about $43,000.

Then, there's the holdback. Many times, dealers give up 100% of the dealer holdback at model changeover time, or eat into it substantially.

What are people seeing in this market?

Mplsspyder
08-08-07, 03:45 PM
Good luck getting a dealer to give up all their markup and holdback. Usually they keep holdback until WELL into new model year is on the ground. At this time of year figure about $500 over invoice and they are keeping holdback then minus any incentives. Unless you deal with a dealer that will sell way, way low because you don't live near them and then it is another sale. Check with Superior on the board here, he says he will sell at supplier pricing which should still be able to use the incentives also.

CadillacBuyer
08-11-07, 03:12 PM
Good luck getting a dealer to give up all their markup and holdback. Usually they keep holdback until WELL into new model year is on the ground. At this time of year figure about $500 over invoice and they are keeping holdback then minus any incentives. Unless you deal with a dealer that will sell way, way low because you don't live near them and then it is another sale. Check with Superior on the board here, he says he will sell at supplier pricing which should still be able to use the incentives also.

Thanks. I presume you mean to check with Scott Pratt Internet Manager Sales Cott Pratt at Superior Cadillac in Michigan at 810-225-1228 (spratt@superiorcadillacgmc.com).

I did and he said he can't order a 2007 in MA or NY because it needs special emissions protection, which would make it a 2008, and we would lose the incentives. He said the incentives in his region are $3,250. Local dealers seem t be willing to go $750 into holdback (splitting the holdback).

He was very nice, and I highly recommend giving him a call if you as shopping for a 2008, as he is knowledgeable and willing to help if he can do something...in this case he can't, except offer advice/perspective, which still was helpful.

Cadillac Tony
08-11-07, 08:40 PM
In most cases, the Dealer is going to keep the holdback unless you're looking at a really aged unit (I'm talking 300 days +).

Keep in mind that the amount of markup depends on the equipment level, but if you can find $6,000 off MSRP (not taking the 0%, of course), then you've got a good deal there. If you're lucky enough to find one that the Dealer is desperate to get rid of, such as an aged unit or demo, you may see even more.

Krug Ford
08-13-07, 11:13 PM
Tony,

My grandparents used to Live in Leesburg on Highland Road.. I believe their address was 34011 if you know where that is.

Sorry not to get off the subject of cars.

Some vehicles have old invoice bonus cash which Tony is saying is Aged unit.

RANGER 66
08-20-07, 02:07 PM
With all that has been said I am now confused.(public school education) Is the 43,000 number or the 47,000 number accurate? What types of incentives are available on the 2008's?