: Hitachi- Best Customer Service Ever

The Tony Show
08-06-07, 04:02 PM
I recently started having issues with my 2 year old (out of warranty) Hitachi Ultravision LCD HDTV. I researched on line, and discovered that many owners of this model experienced the same issue, which is a defective light engine (the heart of the TV).

I called Hitachi to express my opinion that I should not be responsible for the repair, since it is a common failure and a design flaw in the TV (insufficient cooling to the LE causes it to burn out). They sent a local repairman to verify the cause of failure, and are now sending a new LE to the local shop to be installed in my TV- unbelievable.

The entire process from the first call to Hitachi to them agreeing to replace it (out of warranty) took 6 hours. Awesome customer service, and I'll definitely stick with Hitachi for future electronics.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-06-07, 04:33 PM
Great to hear! Is Hitachi one of those companies, like Daewoo and Mitsubishi, that produces almost anything you can possibly imagine?

The Tony Show
08-06-07, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure how many products they make, but their Ultravision HD Big Screen is awesome. I chose it over the Sony XBR due to superior picture AND a lower price. It's an LCD rear projection, and has none of the problems some LCD sets do (such as ghosting on fast moving video games, noisy black levels or dot crawl).

Up until the LE failed it's given me flawless service, and Hitachi took the bad situation and turned it into a good one.

dkozloski
08-06-07, 11:23 PM
I bought a 42" Gateway Plasma four years ago. Gateway is just about defunct and the TV was supposed to be just about the worst POS you can imagine. All the experts said it would be a miracle if it lasted two years. Mine performs flawlessly, is just as bright as the day I bought it, and averages being on about 14 hours per day. The remote quit working after my son dropped it in the toilet but the universal remote that came with my HD cable box/dvr does the job just fine. It's all a matter of the luck of the draw. I haven't needed customer service from anybody. When The thing finally gives up the ghost I'll buy something else and give this one a decent burial. I'll take something that works over the best customer service in the world anytime.

Jonas McFeely
08-07-07, 12:25 AM
Great to hear! Is Hitachi one of those companies, like Daewoo and Mitsubishi, that produces almost anything you can possibly imagine?

My Dad just bought a 14 volt Hitachi drill. They also make damn fine forklifts. They have there hands in just about everything.

Playdrv4me
08-07-07, 11:57 PM
Hitachi and Samsung (and Panasonic and Pioneer for that matter) are today what Sony was 10 years ago. Now Sony produces nothing but unredeemable shitpiles of electronic trash.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-07, 01:10 AM
I <3 Samsung.