: anti pinch windows and sunroof?

ArcticAir
08-06-07, 01:45 PM
I'm sure everyone knows the dangers of power windows and children. I was happy that the my SRX had the antipinch windows and ultraview.

Recently i had the ultraview seviced because it would not always close and i had to pull on it while pushing the close button.

My dealer adjusted something and it works 100% better and faster! The only problem now is that there is no antipinch. Im a big guy and tried stoping it while it was closeing and no luck! Its amazing how strong that motor is and what it could do if your hand arm or head got in the way of it.

I'm bringing it back in to get checked out and would recommend that everyone check to see if theres is working correctly.

donjumpsuit
08-06-07, 02:39 PM
You have to live with one or the other,

If you are a person who simply cannot determine if their arm or head is dangling out of a glass roof that is at least a foot above any comfortable resting spot, disabling the anti-pinch feature might not be for you. You might have to just keep your finger on the button to close it, to prevent your finger from being outside the roof.

If you are someone who realizes they just pushed a button to close a 4 foot window, and it may be time to keep all limbs inside of it, then you can disable the button that auto opens it once it closes.

ArcticAir
08-06-07, 11:24 PM
You have to live with one or the other,

If you are a person who simply cannot determine if their arm or head is dangling out of a glass roof that is at least a foot above any comfortable resting spot, disabling the anti-pinch feature might not be for you. You might have to just keep your finger on the button to close it, to prevent your finger from being outside the roof.

If you are someone who realizes they just pushed a button to close a 4 foot window, and it may be time to keep all limbs inside of it, then you can disable the button that auto opens it once it closes.

Point taken but still think there should be antipinch. I'v caught my kids standing on the armrest looking out the ultraview manytimes and never fussed because i knew there was antipinch and it took so dam long to close.

Im just amazed that a GM dealer would dissable a safty feature like this.:tisk:

donjumpsuit
08-07-07, 10:54 AM
i kind of meant that as a joke,

BUT

If you got kids standing on armrests with their heads out the ultraview, and you don't notice this while you close it, you have more problems than a disabled safety feature

GMJim
08-09-07, 06:52 AM

BUT

If you got kids standing on armrests with their heads out the ultraview, and you don't notice this while you close it, you have more problems than a disabled safety feature

Don, I enjoy putting my SRX on cruise, Sitting on the headrest, and steering with my feet. The view is awesome.

TSS
08-09-07, 07:15 PM
That is BS Jim....

Don, thanks for giving me a good laugh!

cadillac_tech
08-09-07, 09:25 PM
Don, I enjoy putting my SRX on cruise, Sitting on the headrest, and steering with my feet. The view is awesome.

That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are. The only thing funnier would be if it were true and seeing it happen.

GMJim
08-10-07, 07:45 AM
That is BS Jim....

Don, thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Todd, yes it is, and i'm full of it!!!!
Why have your returned to this lowly SRX forum now that you are an
hoity toity Escalade owner? lol

TSS
08-10-07, 08:21 AM
Todd, yes it is, and i'm full of it!!!!
Why have your returned to this lowly SRX forum now that you are an
hoity toity Escalade owner? lol

What can I say, I miss you guys... :crying2:

ArcticAir
08-11-07, 08:21 PM

BUT

As if im going to close the sunroof with my kids head sticking out from it. Do you think that no one gets hurt or killed by power windows. Im sure many people have left there kids in the car with the key in the ignition so the DVD player ,Radio or whatever would stay on. Say a kid jumps up on the armrest to look out the sunroof and the kid hits the auto close button while looking out the front. The DVD or music muffles the noise of the closing sunroof.

Yes if i left my kids in the car with the keys i have more problems then a disabled safety feature. I'm just saying in can happen and it has happend.

GMJim
08-11-07, 10:42 PM
chill