: How do you remove the door panels and other stuff?

My_favorite_Brougham
08-06-07, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the door panel from a '90 Brougham? I assume that anyone with an RWD from '77 to '92 has the same. I need to remove the panel to replace the door puller on my driver door because it is cracked and peeling. Also does anyone know how to safely remove adhesive emblems without harming their paint. I want to remove my dealer logo, as it is kind of a keepsake. BTW, what do you use to re-attach those things? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Greg

My_favorite_Brougham
08-07-07, 12:27 AM
Nevermind on the panels; I got them off with the help of an old post by Cadillac Giovanni in a thread entitled "Minor Cadillac Tragedy." The results are great; I'll have to post pics some time. As for the adhesive issue - any help?

Cadillac Giovanni
08-07-07, 06:07 PM
Not sure about the adhesive. I took the wreath off the trunk of my car with a screwdriver. Most of the factory applied emblems have a place you can easily get a pick or a screwdriver under to pry them off. Dealer emblems in particular are sort of attached for life. I've never seen one of those come off without the area underneath needing a repaint.

As for putting them back on, there's a hard-drying silicone that works well. I used this weird goo that comes in log shape that you have to mix with another component like putty before it will become sticky, but it's like super cement. I don't think i could get it off if I tried.