: Newbie from LI, NY with C1243 DTC

ejscarfo
08-06-07, 09:21 AM
Hi all, glad I found this forum! I joined a Corvette forum when I started restoration on my C4 and its been most helpful, so I am hoping to have the same thing here.

Anyway, here's my problem. I have a 99 SLS with 78,000 miles on it. I bought used in November and its been fairly reliable, after I replaced the splice pack and PCM 2 weeks later. I generally use the car locally so its sees mostly stop and go traffic. The car sat this weekend and when I started it this morning, the ABS and Traction Control lights stayed illuminated. I drove off to the train station, parked the car and entered to diagnostic to pull the codes. C1243 appeared in history and no other codes were stored or current. I cleared it, started the car again and the lights were still on. I didnt have time to see if the same code set, I'll check that tonight.

Anyone have any ideas what this can be? I know the ABS pump is in the front of the car, near the bumper cover. The car does not have a lower splash shield installed, or fender liners for that matter, so I am wondering if corrosion is a factor. I live near the water and I know salt corrosion started to appear on other cars I've owned. I'm thinking its possibly a bad ground wire as ground wire problems seem to plague all the newer cars with multiple electronic circuits.

RightTurn
08-06-07, 09:58 AM
Hello and :welcome5: to the forum. You probably should post your questions on the SLS board for best response.

ejscarfo
08-06-07, 10:07 AM
Thanks! I definitely do that.