: I wanna know why Jonas' HT4100 will do a burn out?

305Caddy
08-05-07, 12:27 AM
I wanna know why Jonas' HT4100 will do a burn out and mine wont?
I want to:blurock:Do Burn Outs:rockon:
:boom: :brutal:

Jonas McFeely
08-05-07, 12:42 AM
Its because im a badass. Plain and Simple.

On a more serious note: I have no effing idea. I remember it used to not be able to. Then one day i tried(after a few libations) and it just did and will anytime i try. Not at full throttle either.

Only mods are a Holly air cleaner. It has new plugs and wires,all new sensors. It has the 3.42 rear. It has a small exhaust leak in the muffler. I mean i dont know. It just does. But from what ive been hearing, i think i may have one of the faster(lol) HT4100's. I have driven everything from 3cyl Metros to a 2002 Z06 and 2005 GTO, so i know what fast is. My HT4100 is by no means fast, but its not as slow as everyone makes it out to be. It will haul some ass with the A/C off. And it really shows on the highway.

Ive been seriosuly considering putting a posi rear in it and putting an aftermarket free flowing true dual exhaust with no cats. I want to see how fast i can make it before it dies. I eventualy want an LT1 or LS1 in it, but i cant affords that anytime soon. So i may just mod it until it blows up.

Cadillac Giovanni
08-05-07, 12:48 AM
Haha, I love your signature picture.

It says it all!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-05-07, 01:04 AM
Because you did a brakestand?

CaddyshackCadillac
08-05-07, 01:15 AM
shit i figured he oiled em up good and let loose lol

Cadillac Giovanni
08-05-07, 01:39 AM
I've seen a 307 do a burnout on a brakestand as well. I can't do it to my car, it feels so mean.

Plus I don't want to wear out my spiffy whitewalls any time sooner than i have to.

Wheelman322
08-05-07, 01:47 AM
Sage Green paint adds 50 HP. Everyone knows that.

CaddyshackCadillac
08-05-07, 01:59 AM
:worship::wtf:^^^^^^^^^^^^^lol

Jonas McFeely
08-05-07, 06:24 AM
Sage Green paint adds 50 HP. Everyone knows that.

No oil, no nothing. Torque VS. Asphalt. Thats all.

OMFG you get points. Dead up serious. I hadnt considered the Sage Green paint,but you are right. The Sage makes about 31 extra horses. Its a long and complicated process, but its true. The paint consists of a performance enhancing metal flake and speed enhancing wax speed enabler. When the RPMs reach 3000, the Sage enabler reaches maximum speed and the Flux Sageacetor reaches its peak and goes nuts. It is a weird thing,but so true. The paint is actually developed by NASA engineers. Thats why its so rare.

I challege any HT4100 or 307 or 305 on the forum. Im drunk, but that is beside the point. I will spank some ass with my HT4100 guaranteed.

Lets do it. I will win, mark my words. Fastest HT4100 on the forum

Night Wolf
08-05-07, 12:01 PM
a freshly wet parking lot after raining all day helps too :bouncy:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-05-07, 12:15 PM
Here's a drag race for the ages:

Jonas's '85 4.1 FWB v. Rick's 307 '89 Brougham v. Benzilla's 425 '79 Phaeton v. a '81 Fleetwood.

CadillacSTS42005
08-05-07, 12:23 PM
Lets do it. I will win, mark my words. Fastest HT4100 on the forum

sounds like me with my ETC rofl

z06bigbird
08-05-07, 12:53 PM
Bald tires will do it every time.

CadillacSTS42005
08-05-07, 01:36 PM
or wet ground

Benzilla
08-05-07, 01:45 PM
Here's a drag race for the ages:

Jonas's '85 4.1 FWB v. Rick's 307 '89 Brougham v. Benzilla's 425 '79 Phaeton v. a '81 Fleetwood.
Bring it! lol.

Jonas McFeely
08-05-07, 02:06 PM
I was the definition of shit faced last night. How i typed that is beyond me.

Ehhh....

DAMMIT! It doesnt matter if the ground was wet, i have done it on bone-dry pavement before. And i'll do it again.

Haters...

305Caddy
08-05-07, 04:15 PM
Mine just throws her ass up in the air a lill when I do a break stand ant then take off even slower than if I just floored it from a dead stop.

Jonas McFeely
08-05-07, 06:40 PM
Im actually curious as to why mine seems to be faster.

Anyone have any ideas?

90Brougham350
08-05-07, 06:46 PM
Higher barometric pressure than normal on the days you notice it most, your timing is advanced beyond stock, the factory made a mistake and put 4.11 gears in....

Brian

jayoldschool
08-05-07, 08:55 PM
Im actually curious as to why mine seems to be faster.

Anyone have any ideas?

You are used to really slow cars? lol

Seriously, 4100 cars are dogs. I just gave back my mother's 84 (I loaned her my Roadmaster wagon to go camping), and it is a slug. My RMW is only a 5.7 TBI, not an LT1, and it feels like it has double the power. I am really missing driving my Impala SS (burned the wiring harness on one of the headers...)

You should have made a pass down the strip so we could all see how "fast" the sage beast is:thumbsup:

Jonas McFeely
08-05-07, 09:19 PM
You are used to really slow cars? lol

Seriously, 4100 cars are dogs. I just gave back my mother's 84 (I loaned her my Roadmaster wagon to go camping), and it is a slug. My RMW is only a 5.7 TBI, not an LT1, and it feels like it has double the power. I am really missing driving my Impala SS (burned the wiring harness on one of the headers...)

You should have made a pass down the strip so we could all see how "fast" the sage beast is:thumbsup:

I know how slow HT4100's are. I know theyre dogs. That isnt what the thread is about. Its about why mine seems to faster than most other ones and is able to do a burnout while others cannot.

As i said in a previous post, i have driven very fast cars, '02 Z06 '05 GTO to name a couple, i used to work at a car auction. I know what fast is. My car is not fast. I said that.

I just want to know what,if anything, makes it perform differently than other HT4100's. :thepan:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-05-07, 10:35 PM
Maybe it's because you constantly drive it like you stole it? Maybe all that aggressive driving has woken her up a bit if you will. Mine seems faster (probably just a mind thing) after I've been on it for a while.

jayoldschool
08-05-07, 11:00 PM
I know how slow HT4100's are. I know theyre dogs. That isnt what the thread is about. Its about why mine seems to faster than most other ones and is able to do a burnout while others cannot.

As i said in a previous post, i have driven very fast cars, '02 Z06 '05 GTO to name a couple, i used to work at a car auction. I know what fast is. My car is not fast. I said that.

I just want to know what,if anything, makes it perform differently than other HT4100's. :thepan:

The problem is, we don't know that. All we know is you are the only one crazy enough to do burnouts with a 4100! Would my mother's car do a brakestand? Probably. Would I? Hell, no. Like I said in a previous post, I have heard a 4100 rod knock first hand, and I don't want to hear it again.

Take it to a drag strip, or borrow a G Tech. I'm going to find what the factory 1/4 time is for your car. Anyone else want to take their 4100 down the strip to settle this? Is Jonas' car a factory freak? Or, does he just have speed dreams?:confused:

My opinion? You just drive it harder than others. It's not faster. It is greener, though:thumbsup:

Jason.

jayoldschool
08-05-07, 11:08 PM
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood 0-60: 11.7 1/4 mile 18.2

Jonas McFeely
08-05-07, 11:16 PM
Im going to take it to the track when i get the transmission issues addressed. I'd like to get a baseline. See what she does stock. The 0-60 and 1/4 mile database lists an 11.7 0-60 and an 18.2 1/4 mile. That sounds about right. I really do think im just going to mod it much as i can until it blows up. See how fast i can make an HT4100. This should be fun.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-05-07, 11:50 PM
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood 0-60: 11.7 1/4 mile 18.2

Yeah, but we don't know if that's the FWD Fleetwood or the RWD one.

Im going to take it to the track when i get the transmission issues addressed.

What's going on with the tranny?

N0DIH
08-06-07, 12:21 AM
Bleach works wonders too...

Floor jack under rear axle helps too....

Considering the HT4100 cars have 3.42's stock, they actually probably DO have more off the line power than the 307's due to the gear multiplication....

Honestly a HT4100 in a Fiero would make a sweet well balanced daily driver....

Destroyer
08-06-07, 12:54 AM
I wanna know why Jonas' HT4100 will do a burn out and mine wont?
I want to:blurock:Do Burn Outs:rockon:
:boom: :brutal:Cause Jonas's car is 'flippin fast man. Stand on the brake and floor it on wet pavement. Still cant do a burnout? Try bleach on the tires (holy crap does that leave some smoke!).

casciomichael
08-06-07, 01:26 AM
Maybe the Lock up Torque Converter is not unlocking when it is supposed to? I would also second the way advanced timing. Jonas, does your motor have any knocking, pinging issues under load?

Mike

Night Wolf
08-06-07, 08:26 AM
How many other HT4100's have you driven to compare?

as said, HT4100 does have the 3.42 gears, that helps alot from a dead stop.

I'm pretty sure I can get the 307 to do a brake stand.... no posi or locker or spool... once the right tire breaks loose, you have the engine feeding all the power to one tire.... not that hard to keep it spinning and make alot of smoke.

18.2 1/4 mile, I am willing to bet that is RWD.... FWD were a bit faster.

My '79 DeVille ran a 17.5 @ 78mph

My '89 Olds Eighty Eight ran a 16.9 @ 79mph.... granted the Olds had more power, but pretty much the same chassis as a FWD HT4100, I would think the times would be closer to that, and the '79 getting the nod to a RWD HT4100..... it would bog from a stop because of the 2.28 gears.

Jonas McFeely
08-06-07, 08:46 AM
Cause Jonas's car is 'flippin fast man. Stand on the brake and floor it on wet pavement. Still cant do a burnout? Try bleach on the tires (holy crap does that leave some smoke!).

For the last effing time, it does not matter that the damn parking lot was wet. I have done it dry asphalt. No bleach or any of that BS.

Maybe the Lock up Torque Converter is not unlocking when it is supposed to? I would also second the way advanced timing. Jonas, does your motor have any knocking, pinging issues under load?

There are issues with my torque converter. Im not sure what its doing or what its not doing. But some things need to addressed with it/transmission.
I didnt know the timing was advanced. Where did you get that from? And no, it does not knock or ping ever. Its quiet and smooth at any rpm.

What's going on with the tranny?

Ever since i first became a member here, i have had issue with it hesitating when coming to a stop. It never wants to find the right gear, and upshifts way too soon at minimal throttle. It shakes and jerks around when coming to a stop, especially with the A/C on. There are some times it doesnt. I have heard this is the TCC solenoid or something related. I keep putting it off and putting it off. I know my Dad will help me pay for it if not pay for the whole thing, something else always comes up.

Night Wolf
08-06-07, 07:15 PM
As for the trans, if it is upshifting too soon, I'd check the TV cable, its the cabl that goes from the throttle body to the transmission, you can adjust it (push the little clip thing in and slide it) that will control when the transmission will upshift, as well as downshift when you hit the gas.

Also, drop the pan, change the filter and fill it back up with fluid and add a bottle of Lubeguard red, I've only seen them at O'Reily auto parts stores.

Destroyer
08-06-07, 10:13 PM
For the last effing time, it does not matter that the damn parng lot was wet. I have done it dry asphalt. No bleach or any of that BS.

Chill out liverlips, I do believe you can do a burnout on dry pavement. I was just telling the poster how to do a burnout IF his car cant do it otherwise. :thepan:

Jonas McFeely
08-06-07, 10:35 PM
Chill out liverlips, I do believe you can do a burnout on dry pavement. I was just telling the poster how to do a burnout IF his car cant do it otherwise. :thepan:

Sorry. :eek:

90Brougham350
08-06-07, 10:47 PM
I never said that your timing was advanced, I merely suggested it as a possible explanation. The gearing most certainly helps. There really isn't a logical explanation for why your 4100 would be faster than others, it's unrealistic to think any parts like a steeper rear end or a slightly different engine (I'm thinking about the 307 and the 307 HO as I type this) made it into your Fleetwood. However, if you say it's faster than other 4100's, I don't doubt you.

Jonas McFeely
08-06-07, 10:52 PM
I never said that your timing was advanced, I merely suggested it as a possible explanation. The gearing most certainly helps. There really isn't a logical explanation for why your 4100 would be faster than others, it's unrealistic to think any parts like a steeper rear end or a slightly different engine (I'm thinking about the 307 and the 307 HO as I type this) made it into your Fleetwood. However, if you say it's faster than other 4100's, I don't doubt you.

I wasnt serious about it actually being faster. That was my drunk post. Sorry about that. It is for sure an HT4100, no mistake. 305Caddy(the started of this thread) says that his could not do a burnout. Mine can, with ease, so i implied it may be faster. but i doubt it is. Maybe his has something wrong with it. My car isnt anything special. I just talk smack.

Or maybe the Sage Green paint really does make it faster?:stirpot:

90Brougham350
08-06-07, 11:06 PM
My advice to 305Caddy is to learn the art of the brakestand, which a 305 Brougham should be able to do with ease. JRau's wheel-peel at the Iowa meet proved that, lol.

305Caddy
08-07-07, 12:19 AM
Well I dont have a 305, I have a HT4100 4.1L Crack Smoking Mexican in my caddy (and yes I have offically renamed the HT4100 the Crack Smoking Mexican). The 305 in my s/n is my erea code 305=Miami Florida.

As far as doing a brakestand, I tried it and still didnt get a burn out.

Dont worry, I have already decided to paint her sage green:blurock:

Actully Im debating on an engine swap. I already have a 454, but I kinda want to drop a 350 direct port fuel injected in. Ofcourse I will defiantly swap in a bigger tranny and rear.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-07-07, 01:32 AM
Somebody should swap something obscene into a Fleetwood.

Quad turbo quad 4 perhaps?

Jonas McFeely
08-07-07, 08:41 AM
Somebody should swap something obscene into a Fleetwood.

Quad turbo quad 4 perhaps?

Ive tossed around the idea of an heavily modded H22 Honda motor in a FWD Deville or Fleetwood. With a super loud ricer exhaust. :drool: :stirpot:

Destroyer
08-07-07, 07:11 PM
Ive tossed around the idea of an heavily modded H22 Honda motor in a FWD Deville or Fleetwood. With a super loud ricer exhaust. :drool: :stirpot:

It would be faster with a stockish big block. In a heavy car you need torque which is a word not associated with Honda. :thepan:

Night Wolf
08-08-07, 05:30 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3ojrte-I8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dLrRvW4KAxg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-08-07, 11:07 AM
LOL, that song never gets old.