: SRX DVD Entertainment Swap?

Cadillib
08-03-07, 09:48 PM
Hi all! I have an '04 SRX with every possible option EXCEPT the DVD entertainment system. That said, I was able to locate a used console complete w/ entertainment online, which I purchased for a measly $325.00. When I received via FedEx ground, I was unpleasantly surprised to find that it had been misrepresented (shocker), and that there were several scratches/gouges in the console portion. The scratches/gouges are located of course, on areas of the console that would be immediately visible to driver/passenger when installed. Here's my question - Is it possible to disassemble the console to remove the DVD system and then replace on my non-DVD-equipped console thatís in fabulous shape? If so, how difficult, and if someone has instructions/pics of such a swap, I would greatly appreciate! Thanks!!!!

onewhippedpuppy
08-06-07, 07:54 AM
It's been stated on here that the console are different designs, and thus not compatible. Seems that someone tried something similar a while back, and eventually gave up. But, with some fiberglass work, I'm sure anything is possible.:) I think it also requires some custom wiring to make things work correctly.

I went down a similar road with my 2004, and ended up getting removable dual screens that attach to the headrests. Roof mounts are also possible, but difficult without and impossible with ultraview. Probably the best solution for a permanent mount are the Cadillac in-headrest models, but they are well over $1k from the dealer. However, I've seen them on Craigslist and Ebay for $500 or so.

ArcticAir
08-06-07, 01:47 PM
GM has SRX DVD HEADRESTS. I'm not sure on the price but they look good! Better then the console DVD.