: 2002 DTS - New Member

Accutim
08-03-07, 07:53 PM
Hello Everyone - New member checking in,

After months of search and research I purchased an '02 DeVille DTS with only 23,500 miles. It has most toys minus the sun roof, satellite radio and infrared display. The inside looks like new, and the outside (Mystic Bronze) has only some parking lot dings. The car was regularly service by Cadillac, and has been registered by one owner in south Florida. I feel I got a great deal at $16.5K, especially since original $51K window sticker is in the glove box.

After 1 month and 2,000 miles, I am in heaven. This is a sweet ride. I recently rented a loaded 2007 (Lux II?) for 1 week, and have to say for my taste, the '02 inside is appointed much nicer, more refined, more elegant and more American.

Anyway, this is a great site for information, sure hope I can avoid some of the more onerous repairs down the road.

BR,

Accutim

AlBundy
08-03-07, 08:34 PM
Welcome Accutim.:welcome: You'll enjoy our Deville crew. All a great bunch of guys/girls-(I think) like the forum. Welcome and enjoy.

lawfive
08-03-07, 08:39 PM
Pretty car; nicely kept!! :welcome::welcome5::welcome:

RightTurn
08-03-07, 09:13 PM
Car's a beaut! :wolf whistle: :welcome5: to the forum.

JimmyH
08-03-07, 10:36 PM
WELCOME! The DTS crowd here needs some new blood! Hope you enjoy the car and the forum!!!!

Jonas McFeely
08-03-07, 10:39 PM
Everytime i see those "blade" wheels it makes me want a Deville so bad. Or rather a '93 Coupe with a set of those on it. One of the best wheel designs ever in my opinion. Hey wait, that gives me an idea...

Nice Deville! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Rolex
08-03-07, 10:42 PM
:welcome: and a note to new users. First post with a pic included gets you on the VIP list around here. Reputation points inbound (when I can give'em again). Nice looking car. :thumbsup: :wave:

Jonas McFeely
08-03-07, 11:00 PM
:welcome: and a note to new users. First post with a pic included gets you on the VIP list around here. Reputation points inbound (when I can give'em again). Nice looking car. :thumbsup: :wave:

Seriously. Everyone give this guy points. Maybe like 1 out of every 50 new member posts a pic with their first post.

JimmyH
08-03-07, 11:17 PM
I would give him points, but I am always empty it seems. I'll hit ya tomorrow for sure.

Jesda
08-04-07, 06:07 AM
You take nice pictures.

CadillacSTS42005
08-04-07, 11:18 AM
awesome moonstone DTS
very sexy
almost bought one, but the allure of the magnaride system stole me away to the STS after my ETC

Accutim
08-04-07, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, please find some more pictures of the '02 DTS:bouncy:

urbanski
08-04-07, 05:14 PM
sweet ride :drool:

z06bigbird
08-04-07, 05:43 PM
Nice car.

My 2 cents:

1. buy real spare. Any 16" gm wheel will fit--buick, olds, pontiac FWD.
2. buy shop manual--ebay.
3. Change out small fan belt that controls water pump. DYI.
4. Learn how to change out window regulators, as most cars have problems (at least GM and Ford).
5. Other minor area of concern (according to dealer): device that controls a/c vents on passenger side fails on many 2000--2004?? models. I have seen tons of them on work bench at GM dealerships.

Car will keep you happy for 5 to 10 years. That color is one of the fastest Caddies.

Accutim
08-04-07, 09:13 PM

Fast Color? It does have a lot of metallic.

Many friends, neighbors and co-workers who have never considered a DeVille are very impressed , and surprised at what a nice car it is. I have wanted one since they came out, and so far I could not be happier. This is really a great car with awesome road manners and first class acceleration, all for the price of a new econo-box. Can not stop driving it!

First thing I'll get is the e-bay service manual. The passenger fog light went out and one license light is out, and sadly neither is immediately obvious as how to replace. First clue that it's not a common D.I.Y. task, local auto parts stores do not stock the bulbs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-04-07, 09:31 PM
Nice ride! Love that color.