: couldn't beat em...had 2 join em.....i brought my first "LAC"

mr.northstar
08-03-07, 12:27 PM
Hello fellow Cadillac Enthusiasist (forgive my spelling) I bought my first "LAC" about 3 months ago from my uncle a 95 polo green SLS Seville with only 99k miles for a whopping $1,000.00 and I promised to pay him in increments of $200.00 a month (GOD is GOOD) so far I have put at least $1,200.00 worth of work into from getting the computer and sensors( I dont't know the exact ones off hand) fixed to getting the windows tinted....so far so good I have to admit. Every time I see my uncle he have this little twincle in his eye like he misses the car. I always turn to him and tell him he can buy it for $4,000.00 if he want to buy it back. But then again I really like this car so it ain't going no where not time soon...

RightTurn
08-03-07, 01:43 PM
Hello there Mr. N* and :welcome5: to the forum!

mr.northstar
08-03-07, 02:15 PM
Thanks 4 the welcome. I have been visiting this site for the last 2 months now and I finally decided to join. There seems to be alot of knowledgeable individuals on here just from my previous viewing RANGER and KRASHED seem to stick out the most amongst the many other knowledgeable members providing input and advice, once again thank you for the welcome and I look forward to future postings...

RightTurn
08-03-07, 03:13 PM
Have you checked the SLS Seville section of the board? Lots of good info there. And we need pics!

mr.northstar
08-03-07, 03:22 PM
as a matter of fact I discovered the SLS section yesterday. I am like the only 27 year old I know who don't have a digital camera...so soons as i obtain one the pics will be next...

nickc50310
08-03-07, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

This is by far the best forum on the net. There are a lot of awesome people around here.

Each sub forum (CTS, STS, Northstar, etc) has some experts that really know what is up.

mr.northstar
08-03-07, 03:59 PM
what does CTS stand 4 ?

Jonas McFeely
08-03-07, 04:06 PM
what does CTS stand 4 ?

CTS owners wont admit to it, but i personally believe it stands for Cimarron. Others say Catera. Cadillac says nothing.

XLR - Xylophone Luxury Roadster?

BLS - Bulbous Luxury Sedan?

J/K? :tard:

Someone posted what all of the names actually meant a while back.

mr.northstar
08-03-07, 04:37 PM
so JONAS i'm going to assume the T and the S stands for touring sedan...

AlBundy
08-03-07, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. I believe you are the third or fourth polo green SLS owner(that I remember off-hand) here. The Eldo/Sevile section has alot of great info/guys. See you there.:thumbsup: Jonas you crack me up.:histeric::alchi:

Rolex
08-03-07, 07:06 PM
cts = choppiny turbo salad-shooter :yup:

:welcome: to the forums man. :thumbsup: ROLEX owns page 2!

Playdrv4me
08-03-07, 07:06 PM
Its *bought* Not *brought*! ;)

Boombotz
08-04-07, 08:02 AM
These are not my words. This is a copy and paste

BLS = B-Series Luxury Sedan
(2006+ European Market only based on Saab. Some refer to this as the "Base Luxury Sedan" because Cadillac defines this as an entry level luxury market segment model)

BRX = B-Series Re-configurable Crossover
(Using a premium long wheelbase version of the Theta platform SUV(Equinox, Torrent, Vue) mixed with Epsilon 2 components with a planned coming out as early as 2007 as a 2008 model. This was originally scheduled for winter of 2009, but switched timetables (and budgets) with the redesign of the SRX. It will compete with Lexus RX330 et al in the 35-45K range using a 3.6L engine. Saab (possibly Hummer and possibly Buick will be the only other GM brand using the Premium Long Base Theta. 4/5 & 6/7 passenger versions are anticipated).

CTS = C-Series Touring Sedan
(2003-2007 Sigma I platform, 2008 Sigma II platform, predecessors were the Catera and Cimarron which is why some mistakenly call this the Catera Touring Sedan, albeit they with both initial C's also). In 2008 as a 2009 model a Coupe version of the CTS is planned. Whether this becomes a CTC acronym or a CTS-C or is simply called a "CTS Coupe" is not yet known).

DHS = DeVille High-Luxury Sedan
(they will redefine DeVille as the origin of the "D-Series" at some point)

DTS = DeVille Touring Sedan
(they will redefine DeVille as the origin of the "D-Series" at some point)

ESV = Escalade Stretch Vehicle
(2003-2006 using the GMT-830 platform, 2007+ using the GMT-936)

EXT = Escalade Crossover Truck
(2003-2006 using the GMT-820 platform, 2007+ using the GMT-946)

SRX = S-Series Reconfigurable Crossover
(Sigma I platform, redesign to Sigma II for 2008 has been postponed to 2009 as a 2010 model in favor of a new model introduction called the BRX).

STS = S-Series Touring Sedan
(2005-2009± Sigma I platform, redesign to Sigma II for 2009 as a 2010 model. Originally was termed "Seville Touring Sedan" prior to the SRX)

ULS = Ultra Luxury Sedan
(internal pre-production name for new model, may or may not be the final acronym for a sedan to be released as early as 2008 as a 2009 model. Has also been called XTS for X-Series Touring Sedan. Will have a -V version and probably a convertible variant as well. It is thought that the concept car that inspired this is both the "Cien" as well as the "Sixteen", and will likely be offered in a V-12 version). Originally slated for a new platform called Zeta that has since been cancelled, it is now thought that this will be on a small production Sigma II variation).

XLR = X-Series Luxury Roadster(2003-09 using the Y platform and built along side the Corvette. But YLR isn't much of a set of initials/acronym. Scheduled for redesigned introduction in spring of 2010 as a 2011 model).

xxx-V = High Performance (matched specifically against European Market models such as AMG M-B and BMW)

CadillacSTS42005
08-04-07, 12:26 PM
ETC- Eldorado Touring Coupe

ESC- Eldorado Sport Coupe

SLS- Seville Luxury Sedan

pabstcadillac
08-05-07, 08:32 PM
Howdy. :cowboy: :alchi: