: if you have a 1980 fleetwood coupe or an 85 hold onto it

CaddyshackCadillac
08-02-07, 06:53 PM
in the year 1980 there were only 2300 fletwood coupes put into production versus the staggering number of coupe devilles at 55,490

and in 1985 cadillac was making there change ocer to the front wheel drive and produced only 8336 rear wheel drives versus 37485 for the combined front wheel drive fleetwoods and rear wheel coupe devilles.

thought it was interesting and thought i would share

and here ben .....
Special editions for 1979 included a Custom Phaeton Coupe and Custom Phaeton Sedan, both offering styling touches intended to remind observers of the "classic" convertibles.
Features included brushed chrome moldings with flush-mounted opera lamps and the Cadillac crest; reduced-size quarter windows; a sporty convertible-like roof; "Phaeton" script on each rear quarter panel; wire wheel discs; accent striping; 45/55 Dual Comfort front seats with leather seating; and leather-trimmed steering wheel.
Phaeton editions came in three color combinations: Cotillion White with dark blue roof and white leather inside; Slate Firemist with black roof and antique state gray leather upholstery; or Western Saddle Firemist with dark brown roof and antique saddle leather seating.

Wheelman322
08-02-07, 09:52 PM
My source said 2500 for the FWB coupe. I have an 80 FWB Coupe D'Elegance and was wondering what the numbers are on that. More specifically on a white one with blue cloth.

CaddyshackCadillac
08-02-07, 09:59 PM
http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1980/cad80f.htm

read that wheelman thats where i got the info from they made an astounding amount of deville coupes compared to the fleetwood coupe says there it was only 2300 i just thought alot of the infromation was pretty cool tho.

The Ape Man
08-03-07, 04:10 AM
It took me a L O N G time to find a clean '80 Fleetwood 2 door. My insurance company said there was no such thing when we went to register it.

There are a few persons on this b-board who still think the only difference between the FWB Coupe and the Deville Coupe is the vinyl roof:alchi:

arnauts
08-03-07, 06:37 PM
I'm curious, does any one know the production numbers of the Phaetons?

jayoldschool
08-03-07, 07:26 PM
It's not just 80s and 85s. Any 80-85 FWB coupe is rare. D'Elegance even more so. Anyone know if more came with leather or velour?

CaddyshackCadillac
08-03-07, 08:18 PM
I'm curious, does any one know the production numbers of the Phaetons?

i tried looking them up but they didn t keep track only stated that they were a more rare version of it.