: 2008 STS front bumper and grill on 05 - 07 STS

Benjamin Simon
08-02-07, 04:42 PM
I like the new look. I don't have the cash for an 08.
I talked to the parts department at my local caddy dealship. Evidently, there are 4 different types of bumpers and grills.
Will any of the options fit on my 05 STS?
I am guessing the grill and bumper differences have to do with the options. I have the 1SG with ACC. Since I have the 1SG, I would need the fluid sprayers. Do they still use a dome for the ACC in the 08?
The dealership juts got the part numbers but no prices. Not all of the info is there. They think it can be done for about $2K.
Anyone else look into this? More info would be great!

MARKVIII
08-02-07, 05:59 PM
u can get a grill from e&g that kinda looks like the new '08 grill for about $500..i am thinking of going that route to freshen up my '05 also. i also like the 'V' grill and thats a little cheaper.

Benjamin Simon
08-03-07, 07:07 AM
Is cadillac still doing the dome for the ACC in the STS? There is no dome in the DTS or XLR.

z06bigbird
08-03-07, 08:53 PM
That's a lot of beer and pizza money, man.

Benjamin Simon
08-03-07, 11:41 PM
I am just superficial. I like the idea, but I don't think I would do it due to the cost. I just like the idea and it is cheaper than purchasing a new 08.

Perhaps I will take a bat to the front end, and destroy the parts that would need replacing.

cwade
09-04-07, 11:59 PM
iam having same problem have you found if it will work

MARKVIII
09-05-07, 10:14 AM
dropped off my '05 today for some warrenty work and checked out the '08. i like the minor cosmetic improvements they made to the car. it freshens it up. the chrome accents on the door handles and lower portion of the body are a nice touch. the grill is also nice but cheaply made (all plastic). i like the new rear fascia. its bolder and larger and has chrome on it also. the interior i dont care for at all. to me the chrome/wood combo looks out of place and cheapons the car. the steering wheel though having more options on it does nothing for me cosmetically. i think for the price of a mid level V6 direct inject you can get a high end CTS with the same engine, platform and better amenities. GM dropped the ball on the sts. the cts now surpasses it dollar to dollar.

Buzz48317
09-05-07, 01:43 PM
Why not look at a grille off at platnium edition 2007. These grilles are rather close to the look of the 2008 grille but you wouldn't have to replace the bumper.