: Woodward Dream Cruise '07

pimpin88
08-02-07, 03:49 PM
I'm know that there are a number of guys on here with muscle cars and a lot of classic Cadillacs.

How many of you are going to make it out to the Woodward Dream Cruise this year? I'll be there parked with MISSL (Michigan Impala SS Lovers) and my '92 Buick Roadmaster. So if you guys see this car

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v110/99/7/53802542/n53802542_30310868_4706.jpg (http://kettering.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30310869&id=53802542&pwstdfy=a62b572ffeb948c8b474600fd4528a38)

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v110/99/7/53802542/n53802542_30310877_6839.jpg (http://kettering.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30310878&id=53802542&pwstdfy=86eaad5bd9b209093b0ef12700746fd4)

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v110/99/7/53802542/n53802542_30310867_4425.jpg (http://kettering.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30310868&id=53802542)

Stop by and give me a holler!!! :bouncy::bouncy:

Rolex
08-02-07, 04:03 PM
Beautiful car! :thumbsup: points inbound

pimpin88
08-02-07, 04:13 PM
Beautiful car! :thumbsup: points inbound

Thanks a lot Rolex!!!

Want to know something I found humorous? I just looked up the value of this car on Edmunds.com How much would you guess? It is the Limited Edition with a Dark Red Leather Interior, Towing Package, Premium Sound, Auto Dimming Mirror, Twilight Sentinel, etc. 133,000 miles and runs like a champ.

:gun2::boom:How about $1300 private party, $700 trade in.:brutal:

And now we return to the original topic.

96Fleetwood
08-02-07, 05:48 PM
Maybe next year I will go!

Say hi to Tim Allen.

God I love silver Roadmasters!! :thumbsup: How is "Goldie" (the '95 RM) doing?

I am trying to sell my Caprice wagon and get a WB4 Roadmaster wagon.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-02-07, 05:57 PM
Where's it at?

Jonas McFeely
08-02-07, 09:12 PM
I saw a Roadmaster on I-75 today with SS wheels, and i immediately thought of yours.

pimpin88
08-02-07, 10:06 PM
Where's it at?

Here you go Chad

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Cruisers and spectators travel up and down a 16-mile stretch of legendary Woodward Avenue through the nine communities of Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac and Royal Oak.

RedGalant2k1
08-02-07, 10:21 PM
You guys know Tim Allen and Chip Foose bought a shop on Woodward?

96Fleetwood
08-02-07, 10:24 PM
You guys know Tim Allen and Chip Foose bought a shop on Woodward?

Both usually show up with some car(s)... wish I could go :(

FrankT
08-02-07, 10:36 PM
I'll be there.:thumbsup:

pimpin88
08-02-07, 10:39 PM
I'll be there.:thumbsup:

With your goat I'm guessing?

I'm going down to Pontiac tomorrow night to cruise around and see whats going on. I've heard that there are a ton of cars out already.

FrankT
08-02-07, 11:33 PM
With your goat I'm guessing?

I'm going down to Pontiac tomorrow night to cruise around and see whats going on. I've heard that there are a ton of cars out already.

yes the GTO. Cars have been cruising for a while now. It seems every year they get started sooner and sooner.

I think I'm going to take my son out to dinner somewhere on Woodward tomorrow after work, then park and walk around and take some pics.
keep on cruisin' :rice:

pimpin88
08-03-07, 12:45 AM
yes the GTO. Cars have been cruising for a while now. It seems every year they get started sooner and sooner.

I think I'm going to take my son out to dinner somewhere on Woodward tomorrow after work, then park and walk around and take some pics.
keep on cruisin' :rice:

Man, I would love to see your GTO in person. I saw the picture of it that you posted on here and it is absolutely amazing. :thumbsup::thumbsup: How long have you had it?

FrankT
08-03-07, 02:33 PM
Man, I would love to see your GTO in person. I saw the picture of it that you posted on here and it is absolutely amazing. :thumbsup::thumbsup: How long have you had it?

I bought it in 1984, then drove if for a year, then tore apart and rebuilt and repainted just about everything for the next 5-6 years. Then it was down for years because I could not figure out why the darn thing ran HOT! Like around 230-235F puking out the overflow everytime I shut it off :o . It wasn't till a few months ago when I found the re-man water pump was a mis-built unit. They installed a wrong impeller causing the coolant to cavaite. When the coolant is full of air bubbles it doesn’t carry away the heat very well. I also had a bad new clutch fan right out of the box too. Go figure, two major parts defective right out of the box.
Now, I can't make it run hot it behaves beautifully, stays around 185F on a sunny 90+ day. :bouncy::yup:

I might see you down there tonight. Were are you going to hang out?

pimpin88
08-03-07, 02:46 PM
I was just going to go and cruise Woodward and see what was going on. I've never been down there before. If you know where you are going to be, let me know and I will definitely stop there!!

Zorb750
08-03-07, 09:42 PM
I don't go to the dream cruise anymore. Too much rice. That and Woodward IS a very important road. There's night time crap going on for a couple weeks before or after now. It's really a disruption. My office is in Bloomfield, practically right on Woodward. It's a hige problem.

And now these cruisers take more and more liberties! There's some idiot group who actually has some official support who wants to extend official cruise functions for a week and have related things for a MONTH! If they did that, it would be the end of the cruise anyway, so maybe it';s what he wants. Dumbass.

FrankT
08-04-07, 01:04 AM
Zorb750,
I see your point as it being a hugh disruption if you live and/or work near Woodward Ave. But it seems that things really got going in the evening. Do you see this activity during the day too?

What I saw tonight surprised me, it was like a mini dream cruise, and somebody I met tonight stated this has been going on since May.

I also hear about the potential extention of the official cruise, I'm not sure what that is all about or what group is behind it. I don't think it would mean the end of the curise IMO, its just too big and it creates a lot revenue for many bussiness on that strech of road.

Now, I can say also say this about tonight, my son and I had a blast.

pimpin88
08-04-07, 01:55 AM
Zorb750,
I see your point as it being a hugh disruption if you live and/or work near Woodward Ave. But it seems that things really got going in the evening. Do you see this activity during the day too?

What I saw tonight surprised me, it was like a mini dream cruise, and somebody I met tonight stated this has been going on since May.

I also hear about the potential extention of the official cruise, I'm not sure what that is all about or what group is behind it. I don't think it would mean the end of the curise IMO, its just too big and it creates a lot revenue for many bussiness on that strech of road.

Now, I can say also say this about tonight, my son and I had a blast.

Sorry I missed you Frank. I blew a hole in rubber line to my heater core as I was pulling out of the parking lot so I didn't make it very far. I'm really glad it happened here though and I could fix it pretty quickly. I should be ready for the cruise now.

FrankT
08-04-07, 11:49 AM
^ No problem, I plan on going back soon.
Frank

pimpin88
08-04-07, 02:28 PM
Going down in a little bit to see what Woodward is all about!!!

Zorb750
08-04-07, 05:17 PM
I actually may be down there myself today. My car is not in show condition, so if anyone sees me, don't say anything. It needs a new exhaust tip on the drivers side (idiot in parking lot), has a scuffed rear bumper (idiot in parking lot). At the time, I couldn't charge it to my insurance company because I had too many comp claims in 12 months (according to them).

Anyway, red Eldorado with original (Striped) apple vacuum-stick thing on rear windshield.

As far as the disruptions... The idiot WANTS to run things all day for a week. It's dumb. It's only all day for a day or two now usually.

As for the "mini cruise" stuff, there are always cruisers, pretty much all summer. Lots of car clubs meet there too. I hang out in down town Birmingham at night a lot and see it, especially from about 13.5 (Normandy Rd.) to 15 mile (Maple Rd.)

FrankT: As for revenue, perhaps a bit for some kinds. For others it's just bad. Restaurants selling ungodly amounts of cheap soft drinks and nothing real and so forth.

FrankT
08-04-07, 07:02 PM
Zorb,pimpin, and all

Pehaps we can arrage some kind of meet on woodward, before or after the Dream Cruise because, it would be total madness on Dream Cruise Day. Call it bring your other ride to Woodward Ave, Michigan Meet. If you don't have an other ride, then bring your Caddy.

Thought anyone?
:nox:

pimpin88
08-05-07, 11:53 AM
Zorb,pimpin, and all

Pehaps we can arrage some kind of meet on woodward, before or after the Dream Cruise because, it would be total madness on Dream Cruise Day. Call it bring your other ride to Woodward Ave, Michigan Meet. If you don't have an other ride, then bring your Caddy.

Thought anyone?
:nox:

That would be pretty cool. Let me know when you would be thinking about and I'll check and see if I would be able to make it. Since I'm an RA here in the dorms there are some nights when I have to stay here.

Last night was pretty awesome. I couldn't believe how many cars there were. It was crazy. I parked at a shell station, I believe it was in Royal Oak, and there ended up being about 5-6 guys from MISSL there with their Impalas so that was pretty awesome.

Definitely a cool idea for the meet Frank. :bouncy:

FrankT
08-06-07, 08:56 PM
Ummm, when to meet, good question, I'm thinking a Saturday would be best. That means this Saturday 11th or after cruise 25th, and where are we going to meet? I don't think we want to do it on cruise day the 18th, do you?
Your thoughts? So far looks like Zorb750, pimpin88, myself, anybody else want to join in? I don't know who else lives out this way.

pimpin88
08-06-07, 11:11 PM
That would probably be pretty tough on cruise day. I have to work here on the 11th, so the 25th is looking better to me. Also, I don't know my way around Woodward at all, so you pick the location and let me know! This could be pretty fun.

FrankT
08-07-07, 10:49 PM
yup, I agree, shoud we post this in the meet section? We may be able to get a few more folks to join in? The 25th sounds good to me so far.